178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Went to buy a new bike, returned on my old bike

So after getting a job Alhamdulillah i was all set to buy a new GS150 today. Niyat waghera sab ki, took cash with me to the market. What happened after that is frustrating.

The official Suzuki showroom here does not sell any bikes, they're just a service and parts center. Bikes are being sold by dealers these days. So i went to the biggest bike dealership Bike Plaza. Discussed the paperwork etc with the manager, and he finally asked me to select a bike. I'll just keep things short. NONE of the 20-30 GS150s i checked were scratchless. Some had scratches on mudguard, some on the tanks. Kisi ki backlight tooti hui thi, kisi ka footrest nai tha. And nearly all of them had faded switch gear. I asked the manager and he said aisay hi a raha hai maal, and people are buying it. He thought it was normal for a bike to have these sort of small issues. I didn't take a word of what he said seriously. I decided to bargain the price for the faulty bikes but he didn't budge by 1 ruppee. Disappointed, i left the dealership.

I decided to give Honda a try and went to a good dealership. Saw the CG Dream and it piqued my interest quite a bit. I sat on it, and just took the whole feel of the bike. It felt nice, and the aesthetics of the bike are really good. BUT, after negotiating price waghera, at the last moment i changed my mind. I just couldn't accept that I was buying a Honda. At the Suzuki showroom i get great service and the mechanic is highly knowledgable, not to mention a master of Suzuki bikes. So i left the dealership.

Now i'm home, wondering what to do.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Self start Irani CG150 engine with Five gears and a self start are bolt to bolt fit on CG classic.. racers and wheeler use it.. after swapping you will never need a kick again ..

Quote Originally Posted by makpak View Post
    BTW, I also have a good dug-dug CG-125 ...

Only reason I might be parting with it is because of my knees problem. Kick sakht hai aur bohat zor ki back kerti hai. Wish they had introduced self-start in CG.

Friends, is there a solution to the above??? Please advise!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Self start Irani CG150 engine with Five gears and a self start are bolt to bolt fit on CG classic.. racers and wheeler use it.. after swapping you will never need a kick again ..
    Bless you for your reply. Much appreciated.

If I could get this done with my CG, it will be a huge life(cost)-saver for me.

Please advise what is the cost of this 'transplant'. Any idea from where this can be done in Rawalpindi/Islamabad?

Secondly, do we HAVE TO get the bike documents updated with new engine details?

Looking forward to your guidance!
    Just an ordinary guy ... @Mak_pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bless you for your reply. Much appreciated.

If I could get this done with my CG, it will be a huge life(cost)-saver for me.

Please advise what is the cost of this 'transplant'. Any idea from where this can be done in Rawalpindi/Islamabad?
    no idea about islamabad, but if you hve any contacts in lahore ask them to get one engine for you from bilal ganj there is a pile always there for engines of CG150 and CG200 ..

Secondly, do we HAVE TO get the bike documents updated with new engine details?

Looking forward to your guidance!
    after the complete swap, you will show your reciept of engine along with your bike orignal documents to the legal authority in islamabd who is responasible for registration.. in lahore fees is 450RS in islamabad I dont know so far ..they will return you the document with the new engine number and details per recipt on you document after a week.. and you bike will be as good s orignal from legal point of view as well..

hope that helps.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, Jazak Allah for the info.
    Just an ordinary guy ... @Mak_pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ammar Zahid, today I went to a major showroom in Karachi and inspect GS-150. They were 6 in number and all were quite fresh. I mean you can pick any I observed closely and no scatches found and all were in new conditions as one should expect.

You may like to visit: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...es#post4407064

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    NONE of the 20-30 GS150s i checked were scratchless. Some had scratches on mudguard, some on the tanks. Kisi ki backlight tooti hui thi, kisi ka footrest nai tha. And nearly all of them had faded switch gear. I asked the manager and he said aisay hi a raha hai maal, and people are buying it. He thought it was normal for a bike to have these sort of small issues. I didn't take a word of what he said seriously. I decided to bargain the price for the faulty bikes but he didn't budge by 1 ruppee. Disappointed, i left the dealership.

I decided to give Honda a try and went to a good dealership. Saw the CG Dream and it piqued my interest quite a bit. I sat on it, and just took the whole feel of the bike. It felt nice, and the aesthetics of the bike are really good. BUT, after negotiating price waghera, at the last moment i changed my mind. I just couldn't accept that I was buying a Honda. At the Suzuki showroom i get great service and the mechanic is highly knowledgable, not to mention a master of Suzuki bikes. So i left the dealership.

Now i'm home, wondering what to do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List