Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 538
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: My GS150

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

  2. #101
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    why don't you check that shop out and post some pics here.
    If ready made solution is available then that's great. 450 is nothing considering if the leathers are thicker, they will last quite longer than OEM ones.

    OEM leather are just way too thin. may be company is trying to cut cost by putting paper thin leathers.
    Front brake could also benefit from little thicker leathers.

  3. #102
    PakWheeler Follow
    iftikhar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    27
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Congrats on ur purchase. It is not the job of the customer to rectify the mistakes of manufacturer. 3 major problems with gs150 gets rusty quickly, poor brakes and i checked the forums where they say u cant ride it without leaving the handle bars due to a bent in frame from factory. But i understand why people buy gs150 because they want something different. Either way the 120,000 gs150 should not have these faults.

  4. #103
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iftikhar88 View Post
    Congrats on ur purchase. It is not the job of the customer to rectify the mistakes of manufacturer. 3 major problems with gs150 gets rusty quickly, poor brakes and i checked the forums where they say u cant ride it without leaving the handle bars due to a bent in frame from factory. But i understand why people buy gs150 because they want something different. Either way the 120,000 gs150 should not have these faults.
    I don't know about rust, but you are right about brakes. Stock brake leathers aren't properly sized for its drums.

    What about bent in frame? no such thing in my ride and my friend's GS as well. I have kept Deluxe as well and GS have better stability than Deluxe at high speeds.

  5. #104
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iftikhar88 View Post
    Congrats on ur purchase. It is not the job of the customer to rectify the mistakes of manufacturer. 3 major problems with gs150 gets rusty quickly, poor brakes and i checked the forums where they say u cant ride it without leaving the handle bars due to a bent in frame from factory. But i understand why people buy gs150 because they want something different. Either way the 120,000 gs150 should not have these faults.
    Agreed, but alhamdulillah haven't faced the bent frame problem yet, (rode it without my hands on the handlebars and didn't notice this problem). I wish it did not catch rust so easily so have to be extremely careful with it.

    I bought it because of the engine and riding experience, it's head and shoulders above of anything available in the local market.

  6. #105
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    I don't know about rust, but you are right about brakes. Stock brake leathers aren't properly sized for its drums.

    What about bent in frame? no such thing in my ride and my friend's GS as well. I have kept Deluxe as well and GS have better stability than Deluxe at high speeds.
    Agreed and when you accelerate you can FEEL the stability of the bike, it accelerates in a straight line and on windy days doesn't get affected due to its weight. Quality problems hon gi but i feel we are OVERLY sensitive to problems in bikes. Every bike has its own set of issues

  7. #106
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @gull_s_777 have you noticed the first gear thing? when i start the bike after a long period (say a day), when you put it in 1st it produces a TAK sound. but when i first leave it running for 4-5 mins (for warm up), don't face this issue. Any words on this?

  8. #107
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    @gull_s_777 have you noticed the first gear thing? when i start the bike after a long period (say a day), when you put it in 1st it produces a TAK sound. but when i first leave it running for 4-5 mins (for warm up), don't face this issue. Any words on this?
    i have mentioned it many times in my threads.
    This issue is there in GS and it gets worse in winter. It also gets worse with thicker oil grade.
    Mainly because of this issue, i have totally quit the idea of using 20w-50 oils in my bike. which oil you are using?
    With suzuki SGO 10w-40, it shouldn't do TAK. But if you have something like Kixx/LM, then there is high chance.

    After trying many oils, i have settled with Zic 20w-40. No tick sound at least in summer mornings. Just warm up for few seconds and it shifts to first smoothly.

  9. #108
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @gull_s_777 while coming home today i noticed that after 3-4 kms if u come to stop, the bike is idling at very low rpm, ie 1.0-1.2. Altho when i start it idles fine at 1.5k. So is the spark plug to blame? Or ignition coil?

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #109
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    can't say. could expect such thing if you ride to murree with high throttle and idle RPMs might drop for a while after you reach there.
    But shouldn't do so in daily usage. Ask the mechanic to check it on first tune up.

  11. #110
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    what a bad day it was :@ first the battery started quitting, and then i noticed that the throttle cable is not going back to normal position (takes bike 2-3 secs to go back to idle rpm). battery was replaced by the claim center in around 4 hours (thanks loadshedding). i noticed this stupid throttle issue when i got home. i dont have the energy to go back now, any way i can fix it myself?
    @gull_s_777 @vickytulla

  12. #111
    TZB
    TZB is offline
    PakWheeler Follow
    TZB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    28
    Posts
    691
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    @gull_s_777 while coming home today i noticed that after 3-4 kms if u come to stop, the bike is idling at very low rpm, ie 1.0-1.2. Altho when i start it idles fine at 1.5k. So is the spark plug to blame? Or ignition coil?

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app
    I am also facing a similar issue these days with my GD: idling rate has become low, it takes a good 3 - 4 seconds for the rpm to return to normal after releasing accelerator.

    What may be the cause? I think it is characteristic of butterfly carburetors.
    First deserve, then desire.

  13. #112
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    I am also facing a similar issue these days with my GD: idling rate has become low, it take a good 3 - 4 seconds for the rpm to return to normal after releasing accelerator.

    What may be the cause? I think it is characteristic of butterfly carburetors.
    SOLVED Alhamdulillah.. so i was ready to take it to mechanic but thought why not check myself one last time. I thought the throttle cable was lose, but when i checked again, on leaving throttle the carb's pull mechanism closed completely, yani cable ka koi masla nai tha. so only reason could be k carb men petrol jayi ja raha hai that is why the RPM is not dropping quick.. and then remembered that gifted mechanic had fettled with the carb i adjusted the idle screw nut to normal 1500RPM and again twisted throttle and bingo! No more lose throttle.. i would also recommend you to check the idle screw

  14. #113
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    what a bad day it was :@ first the battery started quitting, and then i noticed that the throttle cable is not going back to normal position (takes bike 2-3 secs to go back to idle rpm). battery was replaced by the claim center in around 4 hours (thanks loadshedding). i noticed this stupid throttle issue when i got home. i dont have the energy to go back now, any way i can fix it myself?
    @gull_s_777 @vickytulla
    Glad u got stuff sorted out...
    They shud fit a dry battery in GS

  15. #114
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Glad u got stuff sorted out...
    They shud fit a dry battery in GS
    I sorted it myself because i want to detail the bike today Allah ka shukar hai was able to identify the problem. BTW i got meguiar's new car kit! can't wait to detail the bike.

  16. #115
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    I sorted it myself because i want to detail the bike today Allah ka shukar hai was able to identify the problem. BTW i got meguiar's new car kit! can't wait to detail the bike.


    U on competition with me!? Hahaha...
    And i guess u got from the same source as mine?
    Good move..! New car kit is great value for money and a complete solution

    Share its pics

    I wanted to detail today too but damn its raining here in Lhr

  17. #116
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post


    U on competition with me!? Hahaha...
    And i guess u got from the same source as mine?
    Good move..! New car kit is great value for money and a complete solution
    Bas dekh lay :p actually we bought bikes with hardly 10 days difference, so maybe we wanna keep them new for as long as possible? yeah my father told me im completely out of my mind to spend 3200 on just WASHING stuff for this insignificant motorcycle :p socha jaye to sai hai.. bike hi to hai.. but damagh arh gaya tha.

    Yea found it to be the best value for money, actually bought it for the included accessories such as wash mitt, water magnet and supreme shine (around 2300 if bought separately). Tyre gel, ultimate wax and the wash and wax shampoo is just icing on the cake.. wanted a scratch free wash.. might also get a polish. (wash -> polish -> wax)

  18. #117
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Bas dekh lay :p actually we bought bikes with hardly 10 days difference, so maybe we wanna keep them new for as long as possible? yeah my father told me im completely out of my mind to spend 3200 on just WASHING stuff for this insignificant motorcycle :p socha jaye to sai hai.. bike hi to hai.. but damagh arh gaya tha.

    Yea found it to be the best value for money, actually bought it for the included accessories such as wash mitt, water magnet and supreme shine (around 2300 if bought separately). Tyre gel, ultimate wax and the wash and wax shampoo is just icing on the cake.. wanted a scratch free wash.. might also get a polish. (wash -> polish -> wax)
    Pic share plzzzz.. wona see isme kia kia ha?
    I guess its missing polish? And what else? Does it have a detailing spray?

    I spent 4100 on the stuff iv bought

    Bought separately bcoz I already had most of the stuff... And yeah water magnet is too damn expensive, just wonna see how well it does? Im excited too...

    But roads must dry before I plan to detail, tomorrow hopefully!

  19. #118
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Pic share plzzzz.. wona see isme kia kia ha?
    I guess its missing polish? And what else? Does it have a detailing spray?

    I spent 4100 on the stuff iv bought

    Bought separately bcoz I already had most of the stuff... And yeah water magnet is too damn expensive, just wonna see how well it does? Im excited too...

    But roads must dry before I plan to detail, tomorrow hopefully!
    The new car kit contains:
    1 wash mitt (750 rs)
    1 water magnet (1250 rs)
    1 supreme shine MF (300 rs)
    1 460ML wash and wax (around 400 rs)
    1 180ML tyre gel (around 300 rs)
    1 180ML ultimate wax (around 400 rs)
    2 applicator pads (400 rs)

    add the numbers.. and you'll see why it's a great value. just think we could have bought better tyres, cb250 headlight.. urgh!

    Blessed with a Suzuki GS150 -1437625

  20. #119
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Automotorsport_Lover's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    3,834
    Follows
    5
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    The new car kit contains:
    1 wash mitt (750 rs)
    1 water magnet (1250 rs)
    1 supreme shine MF (300 rs)
    1 460ML wash and wax (around 400 rs)
    1 180ML tyre gel (around 300 rs)
    1 180ML ultimate wax (around 400 rs)
    2 applicator pads (400 rs)

    add the numbers.. and you'll see why it's a great value. just think we could have bought better tyres, cb250 headlight.. urgh!

    Blessed with a Suzuki GS150 -1437625
    The quantities are quite small must be some cute looking bottles...

    Though in a normal pack ultimate wax must be no less than 3000Rs.

    In 3200 ur getting something of everything, but in small portions..

    I suggest u get a detailer, if empty pocket then try Armor all carnuaba detailing spray which I had earlier.. if have some bucks to spare get a turtle detailer, if have more get mothers or meguiars!



    Check the quantities of my stuff:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1403964624234.jpg
Views: 272
Size:  63.1 KB

    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1403964638936.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  142.3 KB

  21. #120
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    The quantities are quite small must be some cute looking bottles...

    Though in a normal pack ultimate wax must be no less than 3000Rs.

    In 3200 ur getting something of everything, but in small portions..

    I suggest u get a detailer, if empty pocket then try Armor all carnuaba detailing spray which I had earlier.. if have some bucks to spare get a turtle detailer, if have more get mothers or meguiars!


    Yea man the quantities are really small. But i had to get the washing accessories, faida nai itnay mehngay products ka if you're applying with substandard accessories.. scratch protection is must! you've already spent a lot of money, but do get a quality microfiber cloth. what are you using to wash the bike? get wash and wax! it'll prolong the age of your wax by a long bit.. you'll require just 1 monthly wax and the wash will renew it whenever you wash bike, it's quite cost effective.

    how's the armorall detailer? price etc?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •