Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Complete engine overhaul, increasing bore, stroke, new power components. Any guides?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Complete engine overhaul, increasing bore, stroke, new power components. Any guides?

Hi,

I'm about to have an old CD-70 (1991) undergo a complete engine overhaul where the idea is to:

-Increase the bore and stroke from the (khradiya wala) for increased engine displacement (aiming for 100 cc + )
    -Obviously adding new, larger pistons and whichever components are needed to accomodate the new displacement
    -Replace ALL old engine components with new and improved ones.
    - New, better carburator, clutchplates

Make any additional changes which are required to make this old engine perform 100% with all the upgrades, tunings and components.

---------------------------------------------------------

I know the mechanic will and should know most these things himself, however I strongly feel that it's best that having knowledge of exactly what needs to be done beforehand myself will be best. This way I can specifically communicate to the mechanic about what I want I and make sure that nothing is missed.

So does anyone know if there's a guide on Pakwheels that covers every aspect that needs attention, or a list of components and things that needs to be done in order to bring a 72 cc Honda CD 1991 to perform well with a new displacement of 100 cc + ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    those engines come in qauds, trikes and mostly those engines have no emblem , no name no brand, just chinese bikes mostly named by the province in which they were assembled mostly hongzhou, ChongQong e.t.c....
    So if I want to buy some parts of that engine so how would I be able to explain the dealer what I want and any idea from where I can get there in karachi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no idea about karachi and I dont think that they can be found new, only used dead engines from any kabar market may be you found any dead engine there buy it as a complete and disect it to use its parts.. dont know the prices in khi either.. in lahore it can be found from 6k to 20k depending on quality and condition.

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    So if I want to buy some parts of that engine so how would I be able to explain the dealer what I want and any idea from where I can get there in karachi
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List