Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Considering DYL-125, What do you think?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Considering DYL-125, What do you think?

"ASSAN TEH HONDA I LESAN"

Yes, I like Honda too but I don't like buying the same thing that everyone buys, it gets boring. If I had the cash I would go for CBR150 but maybe another day.

So I'm interested in DYL 125; it has the highest power to weight ratio in the 125cc category in Pakistan, it has nice looks and if a
    Dhoom 70 is known for better pick'' and beats cd-70s in racing then dyl 125 shouldn't be a bad machine either.

I don't care for resale value, I want driving value . I like CG Deluxe but I feel that it needs a 150cc engine. Also I hear dyl 125 is a comfortable ride, not some tiring horseback riding like on CG-125.

Then Piaggio, it's impressive to see this Italian machine in Pak, but I get put off by the round headlights , I will just get alloywheels on this dyl machine.

So, any advice - comments?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aiktoonamila View Post
    Same old push rod OHV engine. Pl choose OHC engine that has better efficiency with more silence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    See the post with pic below, according to atlas honda website - ALL nonheavy Honda bikes have pushrod engines :l

Only the Honda CBRs have Dual - OHCAM*******

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

They're heavier and look bad ---- lower power - weight ratio

Quote Originally Posted by aiktoonamila View Post
    All motorbikes of Suzuki have OHC engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TZB View Post
    I share your feelings.

Comments:
    While this is a super-hot bike when it comes to looks and the front disk-brake feature, a Honda 125-clone engine turns me off big time. Its engine isn't a result of Yamaha engineering, but a clone engine sourced from China.

Looks are mouth-watering.

Good luck.
    Did I mention that alot of people acknowledge that Dhoom 70 kicks CD-70's butt???? If that can happen, then DYL-125 shouldn't be dismissed so easily...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    I agree, If round headlight is an issue then you can consider something like this.

Considering DYL125 What do you think? -1436497Considering DYL125 What do you think? -1436498
    This is nice, and I don't take all the "lack of service" thing so seriously because alot of mechanics will be able to fix most problems and Gujranwala isn't too far away if I want some part replaced, which is not an everyday thing.

This engine is said to be constructed much better, can tolerate more compression ratio's so if I neglect the fact that this bike weighs 14kg more than DYL-125.

Is it a comfortable ride which won't make family (baji's, khala's etc) complain about the 125cc power, just like they dislike CG-125???

Secondly, I want to ride at 140-150km/h with reasonable amounts of tweaking - apparently DYL-125's engine is incapable of that, how is Piaggio in that area?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    yeah but is discontinued ... can be found lying dead in used bikes market or in bilal ganj area..
    vicky bhai i ve seen many GS 125 bikes in good condition even some with self start .it was a great bike indeed and very less performance difference with gs150

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no 125cc engine can do that with any tweeking I also inquired from a friend and a die Hard GS150 user he explained me even GS150 with even heavy and major tweaking cannot reach to 140~150kmh...

Major Alteration in 125/150 like : piston.bore.crank/clutch/gear ratios/ reduction ratio/sprocket will at most add +10~15kmh at max...

minor tweaking like plug/petrol mixutre riching will only increase by +5 ~ +9kmh from top speed of stock engine no more ...

and buying a brand new bike (any bike) or in ur case a DYL125 and imediatly tweaking it to major alterations to achievce only that small topend perfomance is insane... better buy an old dead bike in cheap rate and alter it.

I have spent a hell alot of time to alter CG125 deluxe also seen in hand CG125 power plus heavily altered engine bike also altered paiggios with heaavy engine changes..

that was the core reason @han1911 after spending huge fortune on altering engine finally went for a swap, so is the reason me and many others are swapiing to higher more Torque engines which can actually do a 140kmh and stay reliable on the long run as well.. becuase wen a 125cc or a 150cc engine is altered its life is shorteend to only 1/4th of what it orignally has.

hope that helps.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no 125cc engine can do that with any tweeking I also inquired from a friend and a die Hard GS150 user he explained me even GS150 with even heavy and major tweaking cannot reach to 140~150kmh...

Major Alteration in 125/150 like : piston.bore.crank/clutch/gear ratios/ reduction ratio/sprocket will at most add +10~15kmh at max...

minor tweaking like plug/petrol mixutre riching will only increase by +5 ~ +9kmh from top speed of stock engine no more ...

and buying a brand new bike (any bike) or in ur case a DYL125 and imediatly tweaking it to major alterations to achievce only that small topend perfomance is insane... better buy an old dead bike in cheap rate and alter it.

I have spent a hell alot of time to alter CG125 deluxe also seen in hand CG125 power plus heavily altered engine bike also altered paiggios with heaavy engine changes..

that was the core reason @han1911 after spending huge fortune on altering engine finally went for a swap, so is the reason me and many others are swapiing to higher more Torque engines which can actually do a 140kmh and stay reliable on the long run as well.. becuase wen a 125cc or a 150cc engine is altered its life is shorteend to only 1/4th of what it orignally has.

hope that helps.
    Very well explained. but atleast RP frame and engine has capability for heavy mode and even swapping. I don't think any other bike offer that much flexibility.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hope that helps.

Thanks,

gs 150 - (147 cc / 116 kg) : 1.267 (power:Weight ratio) -- compression ratio: 9.2:1 (ohc engine)

piaggio (126cc/112kg) : 1,125 power: weight ratio -- compression ratio : 10.1 : 1 (ohv) 11 horsepowers (8.3kw/8500 rpm)

DYL - 124.1/98 kg ~ 1.27 power-weight ratio - compression ratio: 9.3 : 1 (ohv) 9 hp (7.2kw/8500 rpm ??? ) (is this correct??? I've read that most OHV 125cc's develop 11hp -- and 125cc OHC's give do hit 15hp!

cg- 125 - (124.1/99kg) 1.25 powerweight ratio - compression ratio 9 : 1 (ohv) , supposed 11hp

Interesting info about why Honda switched to making OHV bikes - they're easier to maintain vs more powerful OHC engines.

The CG125 was developed from the CB125 for third world markets. There were many parts in common between the two. The two models were very similar. The main difference was in the top ends, the CB had an overhead cam. One fault with many Honda OHC engines of that era (generally denoted CB), was that they had a tendency to wear the camshaft bearings if oil changes were skipped. The CG engine was developed specifically to address this problem (amongst others) as Honda realised that riders in developing countries performed little or no preventative maintenance. To make the bike more reliable with minimal servicing, the CG125 uses overhead valves with push rod, a washable foam air filter, and fully encased chain guard.[

Honda CG125 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This whole bikecomparison thing is annoying and giving me a headache. Ofcourse I don't want to open the engine of a brand new bike, at most one can experiment with a sprocket for higher topspeed on lower accelleration.

I'm definately buying a bike for thrill and many of you will think I'm crazy to get a 125cc after only practicing on a 70cc for 2 months, this will be my first bike. A 140km/h top speed will give me an easier time overtaking most traffic on the gt road, but I guess I need to look into an RX-115 engine or 250cc import.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is the only posible solution all other solution were a grave money wasting mistakes for me....

Quote Originally Posted by mateen001 View Post
    but I guess I need to look into an RX-115 engine or 250cc import.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List