Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Spokes vs Alloy wheel ?

Spokes vs Alloy wheel ? -1439540

I've read a little that the traditional spokes wheels are , not only cheaper but safer as when you drive on rough ground or hit something with hard impact the spokes tend to absorb the shock and get bent.

Alloys, while looking more sporty, are maybe more suited for the road and can risk break completely from impacts. But then maybe that's more of an issue on heavy bikes, 100kg or below bikes should be okay?

So, what do you know? Looks are subjective but what are the actual advantages and disadvantages of both wheel types in terms of performance, safety etc?

-Better roadgrip due to lighter wheel, better heat dissipation thus better braking.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bhai Alloy are the best. Spokes walay ka ap bas chaka he sedha krwatay rahain ***. Hamari desi bikes k liyay spokes best hay kyunkay jaisy bikes hain unko yeh he suit krta hay. 80% to spokes say tube pungcture hoti hay. Ghatya old technology. But for precise and safe balanced drive, Alloy are the best.

Sent from my IM-A850L using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=ruk_design;4433472]Bhai Alloy are the best. Spokes walay ka ap bas chaka he sedha krwatay rahain ***. Hamari desi bikes k liyay spokes best hay kyunkay jaisy bikes hain unko yeh he suit krta hay. 80% to spokes say tube pungcture hoti hay. Ghatya old technology. But for precise and safe balanced drive, Alloy are the best.

Thanks; 100 views and first comment so far :l

Im just reading what I can on my own and it appears that alloys are an expensive ordeal. My chacho got a pair of alloywheels yesterday for 7200 rs (salesman kept nagging for 8000+) after looking all over Lahore only 2 shops were selling them.

Apparently repairing alloys can be expensive, though less expensive than replacing them. Corrosion can take place after 3-5 years, so they need some maintenance from rust/paint. Also is there any issue with type of tire to be used? Tubeless tires on a CD-70 with alloys ???

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes bro with alloys. You can use tubeless as well. Also tell me shop names who are selling those rims.

Sent from my IM-A850L using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List