Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: best sport bike for under 5 lacs?

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gazojak
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default best sport bike for under 5 lacs?

    So......which is the best used sports bike for under 5 lac ruppees ?

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gazojak
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    Search on olx or in the market. Not many people are lucky enough to find a clean bike through discussion forums.
    where is the market ?

    already searched on olx , didn't find a good bike. I like two bikes now, gsxf600 or cbr600rr....

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    sleepyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Red face

    5 lac may be not enough amount for an imported and good sports bike. You may be able to find a used one after some struggle but parts would be a pain.

    Considering the current taxation policy, you'll pay something like this on a new imported sports vehicle to FBR and clearance:

    - Sales tax of 20%
    - Luxury tax of 18% (likely charged on CC)
    - Customs/Duty 40%
    - Storage fees 5-10%
    - Fuel surcharge 10-15%
    - Handling fees 5-15%
    - Other fees 5-15%
    - VAT ??%

    That's a ballpark of over 130% additional. Means, if you buy an imported bike of, say $2500, it will cost you over $6000 or more, in Pakistan. I have imported electronics in the past and I know this from the facts!

    There you go! If you import anything major, no matter how you do it, you'll be F***ed by Federal Board of Revenue and the local Excise

    P.S. Above does NOT include packing, shipping, freight forwarding, insurance, documentation, registration and labeling costs

    Also, if you do decide to increase your budget, make sure include extra for your and yours bike security or probably a security guard. Road crimes are increasing throughout Pakistan. Robbers don't even leave a CG these days.

    So, unless, you have someone with some sort of relation in one of the internal Ministries, you cannot make a special deal with the Federal Government to waive something off, like the Pasban IT Group usually does.

    My suggestion, get a GS 150 or triple your budget.

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gazojak
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyhead View Post
    5 lac may be not enough amount for an imported and good sports bike. You may be able to find a used one after some struggle but parts would be a pain.

    Considering the current taxation policy, you'll pay something like this on a new imported sports vehicle to FBR and clearance:

    - Sales tax of 20%
    - Luxury tax of 18% (likely charged on CC)
    - Customs/Duty 40%
    - Storage fees 5-10%
    - Fuel surcharge 10-15%
    - Handling fees 5-15%
    - Other fees 5-15%
    - VAT ??%

    That's a ballpark of over 130% additional. Means, if you buy an imported bike of, say $2500, it will cost you over $6000 or more, in Pakistan. I have imported electronics in the past and I know this from the facts!

    There you go! If you import anything major, no matter how you do it, you'll be F***ed by Federal Board of Revenue and the local Excise

    P.S. Above does NOT include packing, shipping, freight forwarding, insurance, documentation, registration and labeling costs

    Also, if you do decide to increase your budget, make sure include extra for your and yours bike security or probably a security guard. Road crimes are increasing throughout Pakistan. Robbers don't even leave a CG these days.

    So, unless, you have someone with some sort of relation in one of the internal Ministries, you cannot make a special deal with the Federal Government to waive something off, like the Pasban IT Group usually does.

    My suggestion, get a GS 150 or triple your budget.
    Already mentioned the word "USED".....

    Also, customs is charged on CC. I don't remember any luxury tax on bikes.

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    mateen001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Gujranwala
    Age
    25
    Posts
    54
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    No offense intended but - people have money but they don't care about learning to use google to compare specs and reviews on bikes, I mean seriously?

    Anyway the twisted thing is, you cannot get a new heavy bike in Pakistan under 5 lakhs, - closest will be CBR150 which costs 6.6 lakhs in Pak, and 2.5 lakhs in Thailand - why? Because Nawaz Sharif needs his alms fee.

    Nice scenario - Get the Yamaha R15 (150cc heavybike new**) from India for 2 lakhs and then find a trusted person in customs who will let you get away with importing this in a relatively cheap way - 50k or so, then get it registered through bribes too - 3 lakh for a new imported bike. Hmm...try karna chahiyeh?

    I don't trust this richtax on imported luxury goods goes to the poor of Pak. Who knows, ppl might have sneaky ways to get past this baskwas customtax.

    Good luck. - Or try Honda 250RR, it will blow you away and you could find it for 2 lakh.


    P.S. - If you are okay with a non-heavybike but still want a new sportsbike - Piaggio is supposed to launch their 150cc Derby model for 3 lakh ("100% Italian import")

    There's a thread on it in the forums and launch date is supposed to be this year.

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gazojak
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mateen001 View Post
    No offense intended but - people have money but they don't care about learning to use google to compare specs and reviews on bikes, I mean seriously?

    Anyway the twisted thing is, you cannot get a new heavy bike in Pakistan under 5 lakhs, - closest will be CBR150 which costs 6.6 lakhs in Pak, and 2.5 lakhs in Thailand - why? Because Nawaz Sharif needs his alms fee.

    Nice scenario - Get the Yamaha R15 (150cc heavybike new**) from India for 2 lakhs and then find a trusted person in customs who will let you get away with importing this in a relatively cheap way - 50k or so, then get it registered through bribes too - 3 lakh for a new imported bike. Hmm...try karna chahiyeh?

    I don't trust this richtax on imported luxury goods goes to the poor of Pak. Who knows, ppl might have sneaky ways to get past this baskwas customtax.

    Good luck. - Or try Honda 250RR, it will blow you away and you could find it for 2 lakh.


    P.S. - If you are okay with a non-heavybike but still want a new sportsbike - Piaggio is supposed to launch their 150cc Derby model for 3 lakh ("100% Italian import")

    There's a thread on it in the forums and launch date is supposed to be this year.
    once again, I am looking for a USED sports bike. As very clearly mentioned in the original post. I am aware that duty on a 600cc exceeds 6lac ruppees, so a 600 would cost about 1.5 million or so which is obviously out of budget. So stop telling me that.

    I'm not interested in 150s or 250 etc...I want a 4 cylinder sport.

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    sleepyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Your budget is small enough for a good sports bike over 250 CC to begin with. Whether used or not.
    Even if you manage to find one, you won't be able to maintain it in a long run cause of parts and being old.

    If someone wants to shoot himself in his foot, people will not stop telling him about that.

  8. #27
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    A friend has got CBR400 and some time ago mentioned his intentions to sell it. I shall tell him to check this thread and let you know if he has not changed his plans or alreay sold it.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    geratbilal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro in this budget u can easily find , Cbr 250 rr , fzr 250 , zxr 250 , zzr 250 between 200 K to 250 K.
    cbr 400 rr , fzr 400 , zxr 400, zzr 400 , suzuki impulse 400 , between 250K to 350 K.
    you can also get cbr 600, cbr 900 , gsxr 750 ,gsxr 600 , fzr 600 ( hard to find ) , zxr 600 1990's to 2002 between 350 K to 500 K
    250 cc bi vohi sound de gi jo aap ko chhaiyeh

    let me know if you need any help

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gazojak
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by geratbilal View Post
    bro in this budget u can easily find , Cbr 250 rr , fzr 250 , zxr 250 , zzr 250 between 200 K to 250 K.
    cbr 400 rr , fzr 400 , zxr 400, zzr 400 , suzuki impulse 400 , between 250K to 350 K.
    you can also get cbr 600, cbr 900 , gsxr 750 ,gsxr 600 , fzr 600 ( hard to find ) , zxr 600 1990's to 2002 between 350 K to 500 K
    250 cc bi vohi sound de gi jo aap ko chhaiyeh

    let me know if you need any help
    Tell me where to find these bikes !!!!!!!

    Like a place like this :

    best sport bike for under 5 lacs? - used motorcycles dealer

    where I go and see the bikes and ask , aye kinnay di, aye kinnay di, o kinnay di.....?

  11. #30
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    7thgear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    3,918
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Search

    showrooms for such big bikes mostly have newer models, which obviously do not fit your budget. So olx and PW ads are the alternate source.
    Interestingly, i bought my FZR through bikepics.com while surfing bike pics
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    bigmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gazojak
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    showrooms for such big bikes mostly have newer models, which obviously do not fit your budget. So olx and PW ads are the alternate source.
    Interestingly, i bought my FZR through bikepics.com while surfing bike pics
    i can expand my budget to say about 6 lacs for a CBR600RR. I got one guy who sold his 600rr for 3.8lacs. It was I think 04 model...But looked awesome....and he just sold it ~2-3 months ago....

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    geratbilal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    23
    Posts
    128
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro 04 model cbr 600 is IMPOSSIBLE to be sold in 3.8 becuz its so cheap . it must be NCP ( NON CUSTOM PAID ).
    if you can increase your budget to 6 lac
    then maybe you can find kawasaki 636 2005 model

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    fzr1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bhai mayray koi si bhi motorcycle lo aap laykin non custom mat layna aur us say bhi barh kay khas tor pay helmet jacket aur thick boot k bagair kabhi mat chalana.70 km/h k bad apnay hosh mat khodayna yeh 125 nhn hai dost.

    rear brakes kam ker rahay hain zaroor check kerlayna dont hurt yourself.

    (main khud koi bari chez nhn hun laykin aik bar 91 gsxr 400 normal condition chalai thi bus shauk pura hogya tha)

    BE SAFE dude.

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    sleepyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Faisalabad
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes, get a bike not made in this decade and keep fixing it for the problems. Good luck finding its parts
    /sarcasm

  16. #35
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    if you want sport heavy sound from exhaust buy a 200-250cc bike and spent some bucks on exhaust

  17. #36
    PakWheeler Follow
    saad.bukhari1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    25
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Hornet 250cc is the best shaped bike... but its not available in pakistan.

    Sent from my GT-N7100 using PW Forums mobile app

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    daniyalsattar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    19
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I need suggestion plz some one help

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •