0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default HELP NEEDED: Motorbike Engine Held In Customs

Asalam Alaykum All,

I am in a situation where i cant get any help of anyone

To cut the story short i sent a engine for my scrambler 140CC from UK to Pakistan by Courier. It arrived in Karachi promptly but the customs clearance team have stated the following: "Kindly note that goods of your shipment are old and used, and according to customs policy old & used items can not be cleared as they are ban"

I have sent items in the past which are used by TNT courier and never had an issue.

Please can someone help as this engine is really needed and sourcing this engine from the UK took me a very long time and now im in this situation.

Can anyone shed some light or tell me a way to get my engine?

Your help will be much appreicated

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, on automobiles we know theres a limitation on how old car/bike u can import and from which country... however I had no clue same applies on an engine?

I also think if ur engine was broken in parts, semi knocked down they would have allowed it...

But no idea now.. u need to have some links at customs to get this done

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1019 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you do not have 1st hand information, the preventive officer must have offered a way out of situation and letting go of the goods, but the person coordinating here in PK must have TRIED to act ' SMART , GENIUS ' with no interest to resolve the situation. The customs clearing agents play the key role in clearance when situation starts to GO BY BOOK, am sorry if the case is red-lined over the file with such comments you must wait for auction of that lot., sorry for your loss.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Welcome to Kingdom of Jhimga Lala.... u need to pay rishwat... simple as you like .... Log yaha judge ko khariied laitay hain LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Well, on automobiles we know theres a limitation on how old car/bike u can import and from which country... however I had no clue same applies on an engine?

I also think if ur engine was broken in parts, semi knocked down they would have allowed it...

But no idea now.. u need to have some links at customs to get this done
    Thanks for your reply.
    The engine was semi dismantled. Im trying to speak to some custom agents to see if they can help me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    you do not have 1st hand information, the preventive officer must have offered a way out of situation and letting go of the goods, but the person coordinating here in PK must have TRIED to act ' SMART , GENIUS ' with no interest to resolve the situation. The customs clearing agents play the key role in clearance when situation starts to GO BY BOOK, am sorry if the case is red-lined over the file with such comments you must wait for auction of that lot., sorry for your loss.
    I will never have the 1st hand information I am currently speaking to custom clearing agents to see if they can help.

Is there any custom clearing agents on here who can help??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tucknoloji View Post
    Welcome to Kingdom of Jhimga Lala.... u need to pay rishwat... simple as you like .... Log yaha judge ko khariied laitay hain LOL

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Load of bollox! Im more then willing to pay rishwat just to get this damn engine!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well my friend, not to wary you but I do guess that you are probably gonna be stuck in a limbo if you don't act fast!
    FBR is corrupt to its toes and they are likely pulling a fast one on you. Or they probably think that you are importing an older vehicle in pieces.

I would try to find someone with links in Customs Clearance. While you talk out of it, don't end up paying too much cause like all corrupt a$$holes here, they will try to squeeze as much as possible. Downsize the original price of the engine. Do whatever you have to, to save your a$$.

In customs storage, you have only a handful of weeks before your stuff starts disappearing out of the blue! And nobody can do anything about that. They do it themselves and blame it on thieves. I once had a horrible experience worse than a nightmare with customs when machinery was held for months - until I had to pay their shitty sorry a$ses out of it.

Best of luck mate!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Few years ago our office in Dubai sent us around 20 laptops to be used on some project. They were stuck in custom and i was given same reason. Usually courier company gets normal custom item cleared on their behalf and give you bill but in this aramex and there partner Leopard refused to belp due to used items. I hired a agent paid him little more money and he got them cleared for me. These were stuck in khi. But we had some big fights with leopard and aramex for not taking responsibility of the matter. There manager came personally in Dubai to apologize on behalf of Aramex and Leopard.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are in Pakistan, then i suggest that you immediately go to the respective port yourself and conduct a meeting with the TNT clearance staff. if they can't come up with a solution then ask them to release you the delivery order and hire a private clearing agent, pay him a little more and your engine will be out in no time. But act as quickly as possible, bcz the more time is wasted, the less are the chances of you getting your things.

Quote Originally Posted by umarasghar1 View Post
    Asalam Alaykum All,

I am in a situation where i cant get any help of anyone

To cut the story short i sent a engine for my scrambler 140CC from UK to Pakistan by Courier. It arrived in Karachi promptly but the customs clearance team have stated the following: "Kindly note that goods of your shipment are old and used, and according to customs policy old & used items can not be cleared as they are ban"

I have sent items in the past which are used by TNT courier and never had an issue.

Please can someone help as this engine is really needed and sourcing this engine from the UK took me a very long time and now im in this situation.

Can anyone shed some light or tell me a way to get my engine?

Your help will be much appreicated
    HI NI JAWANIYAY ... KITHAY DHAKAY PAYE KHANI AYN

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List