0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default GS150 vs other 125cc's in Pak

Okay so I've had many prejudices towards gs150 until recently, only because of the looks and heavy weight. But I kept ignoring that you have an ohc engine here vs ohv's in the other 125cc's. (More sustained rpm at higher speeds). Honda used to have OHC's in their previous bikes, some decades ago but because they require more regular maintenance it didn't seem suitable for 3rd world countries - hence why many bikes are ohv.

Why does GS150 sell for 122,500 rs whereas CGdeluxe is 125cc and sells for 124k ? Is the gs150cc engine just so so?

Also, has anyone considered that the GS150 should have the power to hit 130km/h + , but it's set by default to provide all that power within the 120km/h range. --- So I guess - larger front sprocket, + change in speedometer should show something...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mateen001 View Post
    Okay so I've had many prejudices towards gs150 until recently, only because of the looks and heavy weight. But I kept ignoring that you have an ohc engine here vs ohv's in the other 125cc's. (More sustained rpm at higher speeds). Honda used to have OHC's in their previous bikes, some decades ago but because they require more regular maintenance it didn't seem suitable for 3rd world countries - hence why many bikes are ohv.

Why does GS150 sell for 122,500 rs whereas CGdeluxe is 125cc and sells for 124k ? Is the gs150cc engine just so so?

Also, has anyone considered that the GS150 should have the power to hit 130km/h + , but it's set by default to provide all that power within the 120km/h range. --- So I guess - larger front sprocket, + change in speedometer should show something...
    Stock Sprocket does nt allow to move beyond 120 even new bike doesn't go beyond 115.. but the engine doesnt produce any vibration even if u riding it at 115....

few people changed rhe sprocket and they reported that top speed increases ... but i dont think even 110 mark is usual to hit within cities...

plus Breaks r shaky... thr shud be a disk brake at front to stop this heavy weigh machine....

another problem is that Bike is 85 %, pakistan assembked and parts used in the bike r local... so known issues r thr... like... lose clamps and wiring... low grade break shows.. head light out of focus... etc... all known issues wich local parts can produce... but once u reaolve the bike is is good for long ride.... noise free, vibration free, soft suspension and on top of all... avg is between 42-50...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mateen001 View Post

and yes ... bike is over priced still.... it shud be around 105000

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Let me put it in simple words:

Pak Suzuki is on drugs.

And they don't include disk brakes (which seems to be a standard these days). Hell, they didn't even consider a fuel gauge. LOL

I just last week got one and I have to say, once you ride it, you'll pretty much forget other local bikes.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GS-150 is the most comfortable bike available in Pakistan, hands down. As it is not about the top speed, as 125 can also hit above 120km/h after proper tuning, but it is about the comfort level you're experiencing at top speeds. CG/Delux get very shaky after they cross 80km/h, but GS stays firm even after 110km/h, which is by the way very hard to achieve in a city like Lahore.
    HI NI JAWANIYAY ... KITHAY DHAKAY PAYE KHANI AYN

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

deluxe chalai hai aap nay dost?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

deluxe comes at third... As far as comfort is concerned... Gs150 tops and then comes RP... but for me RP and Gs150 tally... they r both best in Pakistan market

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List