3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Custom duty and taxes on bicycles

I am not sure if this is the correct forum but I would like to know if there is any custom duty or taxes for importing a mountain bike into Pakistan. I am assuming there isn,t but any where I can confirm this?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I guess if you bring it with you as personal luggage on a plane, there shouldn't be none. If you bring a dozen of them in a container, there will be custom duty.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bicycles fall under PCT 8712.0000 and only CD (excluding ST and WHT) for them is 35% of the import value.
    HI NI JAWANIYAY ... KITHAY DHAKAY PAYE KHANI AYN

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

talha bhai I have a question what will be custom/duty and other taxes on bikes spare parts ? as I remember on a complete bike it is calculated on the basis of (per cc X $) like for instance for 250cc bike it was some where like 11$ * 250 = total duty e.t.c.. roughly ..

but if we bring in a CKD (knocked down completly) without engine only frame and body parts then how the duty/Custom would be calculated as now that per cc formula will not be functional ? do u have any information regarding that then please enlighten me.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by talhatoor View Post
    bicycles fall under PCT 8712.0000 and only CD (excluding ST and WHT) for them is 35% of the import value.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

dear Talha it is basically a diy kiy for assembling the bicycle. Its value will be 300 usd... shipped via dhl so how much will be the customs/clearing charges.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you are using DHL Express then you need not to worry about the details of clearance process. Just ask them to give you full charges to deliver this to your home address in Pakistan on DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) / Door to Door basis. They shall take care of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by ahtiram2725 View Post
    dear Talha it is basically a diy kiy for assembling the bicycle. Its value will be 300 usd... shipped via dhl so how much will be the customs/clearing charges.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vicky bhai ... i'm no expert, as most of my experience in dealing with Customs comes from machinery for Oil/Gas Industry. But in my opinion, if you are trying to import only body parts (frames/chesis and parts thereof) without engine, there is not pet formula for this. Customs shall consider them as spare parts for vehicles, falling under PCT 8714.1910, and only CD range (excluding ST & WHT) on them parts will be 35% to 65% of the import value.
    Kindly note that this may vary ( meaning going on the higher sides only... ) as these parts are also manufactured in Pakistan hence in order to benefit the local industry (not literally, if you know what i mean...), Customs will go for the highest amount of taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    talha bhai I have a question what will be custom/duty and other taxes on bikes spare parts ? as I remember on a complete bike it is calculated on the basis of (per cc X $) like for instance for 250cc bike it was some where like 11$ * 250 = total duty e.t.c.. roughly ..

but if we bring in a CKD (knocked down completly) without engine only frame and body parts then how the duty/Custom would be calculated as now that per cc formula will not be functional ? do u have any information regarding that then please enlighten me.

Regards.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post

Regards.
    I have imported different sort of things from California over the past years, e.g. Cisco routers, laptops and machinery/parts.
    There is a customs & duty tariff on FBR's website but the problem with that is, it is merely a formal paper. The clever whips at clearance put everything on invoice that they want. For instance, once they even charged duty on a small $50 book although the tariff says otherwise.

Try using DHL; they have a clearing department and will guide you through. Stay away from FedEx, they will rip you off.

Your final invoice will be a pretttttttttttttttty BIG one. What will it have? See this for an example that I posted sometime earlier this month:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...-2#post4438975

Also, remember, whatever they put on the invoice, you WILL have to pay it, otherwise your shipment is held and auctioned/sold or whatever they want to do with it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sleepyhead what do you think the custom duty will be on a mountain bike? also do you think there will be any other taxes???

i was hoping there wouldn't be any as it would encourage people to ride to work etc beneficial for the environment etc etc

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List