Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By IsbCap

Thread: Help resolve some issues with my Super Power SP70 2014

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    ksarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Help resolve some issues with my Super Power SP70 2014

    Hey guys,

    I just bought my first ever bike, a SP70, 2 days ago. It's running fine, mA. But I noticed a little problem today in the morning. I had switched off the fuel after I had parked it at home yesterday and today when I turned the fuel on, it didn't immediately start. I had to try and kick several times before it finally started. Any particular reason for that happening? Also, a guy told me to keep the switch at "Reserve" at all times. Shouldn't it be at "ON"? Sorry, I'm a complete noob when it comes to motorcycles.

    A few other things I noticed:

    1) The dial on the speedometer is a bit shaky. I don't know if I'm riding at 30, 35 or 40KM/h. It seems to be jiggling continuously.

    2) The seat is a bit uncomfortable and the handlebars seem to be too low. (Maybe that's just cause I'm 6'3")

    3) The engine shuts down if I let it stand idle for a couple of seconds.

    4) It gets hot too quickly. (Rode 10KMs today with idle time in between, didn't cool off completely even after half an hour had passed)


    Hoping you can guide me through these issues. (None of them seem to be too serious)

    It'd be great if you can give some additional running/maintenance advice.


    Cheers!

  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    IsbCap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    1,865
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Always keep it on "ON" position. Only put it to reserve when the petrol is finished and get it refilled ASAP.

    3) There's idle adjust screw on the carburetor. Turn it clock wise a bit to increase the idle RPM.

    4) Since the bike is in running (brake in) period, heating of the engine may be normal, due to rich fuel settings. Consult the service center if you have any doubts.

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamikhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,259
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    First of all congrats All new bikes engine ring pistons are very tight that,s why they heat well its normal. in first 1000km you drive your bike between on the speed of 0 to 40km/h after that speed up your bike gradually & push him hard so that your bike engine become free & don,t forget to change your first engine oil on 300km with zic 4T 20w40 semi synthetic 1 liter price is 380pkr .this is the best oil ever i used. changing with this oil your bike will become so smooth

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shafin619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Bro you were buying unique ud125. Why did you not go for it?
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    ksarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shafin619 View Post
    Bro you were buying unique ud125. Why did you not go for it?
    Bro, I did have my eyes set on it but unfortunately everyone I talked to was against the idea of me getting a 125

    "You'll always be looking over your shoulder!" "It won't be worth it/safe!" and etc..

    They all told me to go for a regular 70cc so I opted for SP70.

    I'm happy though. It seems to be suiting my needs so far.

  6. #6
    PakWheeler Follow
    ksarim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    11
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamikhan View Post
    First of all congrats All new bikes engine ring pistons are very tight that,s why they heat well its normal. in first 1000km you drive your bike between on the speed of 0 to 40km/h after that speed up your bike gradually & push him hard so that your bike engine become free & don,t forget to change your first engine oil on 300km with zic 4T 20w40 semi synthetic 1 liter price is 380pkr .this is the best oil ever i used. changing with this oil your bike will become so smooth
    Thank you, bro! Really appreciate it!

  7. #7
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shafin619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    21
    Posts
    2,699
    Follows
    2
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    1
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksarim View Post
    Bro, I did have my eyes set on it but unfortunately everyone I talked to was against the idea of me getting a 125

    "You'll always be looking over your shoulder!" "It won't be worth it/safe!" and etc..

    They all told me to go for a regular 70cc so I opted for SP70.

    I'm happy though. It seems to be suiting my needs so far.
    Yes they were right and it's karachi after all SP125 deluxe should have been in your option too but anyways congratulations
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •