Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: History of GS 150 2006 to 2014 (Buyers Must Read Before Buying)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default History of GS 150 2006 to 2014 (Buyers Must Read Before Buying)

Quality gives up in 2014
    &
    Suzuki jeet gaee . . . . .

With these words above I start a new topic where I will try my best to share experiences of GS 150 2006, GS 150 2008, GS 150 2010 & GS 150 2013.

The 3/4th of story might not be interesting for people getting new GS, but the last part will be important for new biker brothers.
    My Journey from Suzuki GS 150 2006 to GS 150 2014 -1486288

My Journey from Suzuki GS 150 2006 to GS 150 2014 -1486292
    My Journey from Suzuki GS 150 2006 to GS 150 2014 -1486293
    My Journey from Suzuki GS 150 2006 to GS 150 2014 -1486294
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mis alignment issue come to my home and ride my cg even my cg have mis aligned frame I even lift my one hand of handel I have visited many denter and one said "bhai ho jata frame taira aj kal bikes per loha hi kitna laga reh hai zor se agli brake lagoa ge to frame taira to ho ga"
    my weight 45kg and my front break drum is the older model drum which provide lesser braking then rear and most breaking of my bike come from rear how come front brake and overloading the bike can result in mis aligned frame

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    I have ridden several gs150s and never seen this bent or twisted frame problem. If u take the tank and seat off the frame is not of a symmetric design. The right part under the seat has a slightly different curve to it, and people mistake it for a "tairha" frame.

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app
    A few things I don't like about GS150
    1. No lock for side covers. Even a screw mounting.
    2. Meter design not that good.
    3. After spending a huge amount we receive that 3rd class ugly indicators.
    4. Side view mirrors are not that good.
    5. No fuel gauge.
    6. Back fender design isn't that eye catching.
    7. Taillights of old model was just a piece of junk very third class but now new design is good.
    Last but not least.... I don't own a Gs150. this is what i observed on Road..
    It is Easy to hate But Love is More Powerful...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    mis alignment issue come to my home and ride my cg even my cg have mis aligned frame I even lift my one hand of handel I have visited many denter and one said "bhai ho jata frame taira aj kal bikes per loha hi kitna laga reh hai zor se agli brake lagoa ge to frame taira to ho ga"
    my weight 45kg and my front break drum is the older model drum which provide lesser braking then rear and most breaking of my bike come from rear how come front brake and overloading the bike can result in mis aligned frame
    My cg-125 2010 model has also the same problem. Whenever I lift my hands off the bar it always goes to left. I just satisfy myself by thinking that it is due to the wheel lock that i have attached to the right front shock.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    My cg-125 2010 model has also the same problem. Whenever I lift my hands off the bar it always goes to left. I just satisfy myself by thinking that it is due to the wheel lock that i have attached to the right front shock.
    I don't believe in that logic to check the frame alignment. In my junoon before changing the front tyre iwas able to lift my hands from handle for a long time just like 300 to 500 meters like i sometime put off my helmet or wear helmet while riding on road and both my hands off the handle. But after changing the front tyre i can't do this. I think its because of bearing cavity of drum which is loosen a bit. If something is wrong with frame you just need to hand over ur bike to ur friend and take his bike and slowly ride behind ur friend.. and observe ur bike from rear tyre to front tyre. This is the simple way to check the frame alignment. If both tyres are in one line then well and fine. If not then check the rear wheel alignment. After fixing that issue check it again on road . In my experience misaligned tyres only make trouble on deep turns in speed and nothing else.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan4340 View Post
    I don't believe in that logic to check the frame alignment. In my junoon before changing the front tyre iwas able to lift my hands from handle for a long time just like 300 to 500 meters like i sometime put off my helmet or wear helmet while riding on road and both my hands off the handle. But after changing the front tyre i can't do this. I think its because of bearing cavity of drum which is loosen a bit. If something is wrong with frame you just need to hand over ur bike to ur friend and take his bike and slowly ride behind ur friend.. and observe ur bike from rear tyre to front tyre. This is the simple way to check the frame alignment. If both tyres are in one line then well and fine. If not then check the rear wheel alignment. After fixing that issue check it again on road . In my experience misaligned tyres only make trouble on deep turns in speed and nothing else.
    your are talking about 300-500m your cannot lift your hand of my cg of even 1m it seriously misaligned I have changed both rim,tyres,even drum,bearing,front handel t but the problem remained the same

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your are talking about 300-500m your cannot lift your hand of my cg of even 1m it seriously misaligned I have changed both rim,tyres,even drum,bearing,front handel t but the problem remained the same
    Just check the bearings of handle may be they are too much loose. And u are talking about 1 minute it means if u are riding at a speed of 60km/h then 1 minute = 1 km distance. well in high speed this trick works ( due to friction of road less then the tyre acceleration) at low speed this friction take over the acceleration and tyre can't maintain its position) so try it at a speed more than 60km/h but do wear helmet before doing this and observe the road first if it is completely free.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just check the bearings of handle may be they are too much loose. And u are talking about 1 minute it means if u are riding at a speed of 60km/h then 1 minute = 1 km distance. well in high speed this trick works ( due to friction of road less then the tyre acceleration) at low speed this friction take over the acceleration and tyre can't maintain its position) so try it at a speed more than 60km/h but do wear helmet before doing this and observe the road first if it is completely free.
    I was talking about 1 meter

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bearing of handel and even jumps was changed changed and surfed the day I bought my bike

10. 24-10-2014, 09:15 AM

PakWheeler

Reason
    Disrecpect

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    No bhai. On cg125 this is called safety feature. But same thing on gs is mis-interpreted to twisted frame lol.
    @rizwan meter design not good? Bhai phir rikshay ka meter pasand hai apko?:-P the gs has a really simple and elegent meter design. Maybe it doesnt contain enough colors for you

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

12. 24-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Senior PakWheeler

Reason
    Irrelevant

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The only issue i ever faced with my GS was the wiring issue and because i bought it when it was just introduced, it was safe to assume that the problem was present since day 1. When i took my bike to Suzuki, they kept the bike for the whole day and than returned saying its fixed, which turned out to be not true since while riding back, again the same problem occurred.

Never the less it was still the best bike i ever bought and the longest i ever kept.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    tap ur front wheel (lightly of course) on left side (but not light enough that it do not amke any difference) you can use any wall to tap wheel against it... then Bike will start going straight on lifting hands...

I have been using CG's replica for a month now, it had this problem in brand new (local China offcourse )..

This solution should work. Since the date of purchase I have balanced both the wheels just once.. May be that ustad did some fankari with the front wheel or wheel is unbalanced afterwards or the issue is with handlebar bearings etc. He also broke the rpm cable and on my asking said that "yay aisay he the aur ap naee dalwa lain ab." I doesn't annoys me a lot, as I increase the speed and balance with my body position before wearing helmet, that I sometimes hang on front right mirror, otherwise, I don't lift the hands from handlebars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tap ur front wheel (lightly of course) on left side (but not light enough that it do not amke any difference) you can use any wall to tap wheel against it... then Bike will start going straight on lifting hands...

I have been using CG's replica for a month now, it had this problem in brand new (local China offcourse )..
    history of gs 150 2006 to 2014 buyers must read before buying -1493162

history of gs 150 2006 to 2014 buyers must read before buying -1493163

history of gs 150 2006 to 2014 buyers must read before buying -1493164
    ud 125 ???????

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nope its a road Prince CG125 EuroII replica. lets see how much juice it has...

ud 125 ???????
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree to you. There could be many factors involved in mcycle going to left or right a little bit. Thats why I am not worried. I know what a "deenga frame" is as I have seen many mcycles on the road where front wheel is going to right and rear wheel to left. One can immediately notice that frame has got some major hit. Alhamdulilah, my cg both tyres are properly aligned and has no frame problem at all.
    I have also seen a lot of gs-150 and storm-125 where front and rear wheel are not in one line. I believe that this is because of different types of chain drive assembly(rubber bushes used to attach wheel to chain) in cg-125 and other models. According to cg-125 manual here are the reasons for motorcycle tilting to left or right.
    History of GS 150 2006 to 2014 Buyers Must Read Before Buying -1493178

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Planing to buy GS150 tomorrow, does anybody know current price of suzuki gs 150 in lahore ? Suzuki raiwind motors told me that its 122k but im not convinced, as per my information dealers in karachi are getting it arnd 110k and then after including commission it goes for sale around 116k.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@naseer_jaan @ammarzahid @m1r @IceCold @bhatti007 @malikkg115 @amjad635 @rizwan4340 @gull_s_777 @ShugMan @Xulfiqar @archon2001 @bike_junky

Oh, GS GS GS…

Few month back I was also much confused between GS/Piaggio, but on last minute I skip both.
    Brothers GS is 150cc and Price tag is 120k+ so the expectation should be high from a 70cc bike,
    The review of a user who is running GS-150 in city with 10-20KM daily is totally different from a user who use GS-150 on long routes, Trips, so my point is that we should always consider the review from that person who is using GS according to his class,
    We cannot found issues from a person who is running GS in city and whose average run is 500-800 Km per month, and believe me 70% users are these type of users who want style, power, and they want looks different from other,
    World is moving towards Six Sigma Quality standard (5-6 Defect per million) but in our case this ratio is 20%, means 20 Bikes out of 100 have different defects
    Some peoples are totally satisfied with GS and some are totally disappoint, that’s the reason, no consistency in quality,
    Many of my friends have GS and they have different opinion but believe me this bike should be reliable in long run/ for at least 2 3 years issue free but sadly we cannot say a thing right even if 50% of people are satisfied.
    Last thing,
    Brother don’t confused,
    Just put GD-110 along with GS-150 on showroom of Suzuki and analyze every part,
    You will get answer of every question.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ imranafzal4

i think best bike available with p suzuki is GD1110, as its imported
    all other have . . . .

Dear all,
    what i am sharing is received from bikers all over Pakistan, plus bikers using gs in different situations and for different reasons.
    I sold my 4th GS few days or may be a month back. The sharing is just to give you a neutral view, so that you can get good info before buying, not after buying, when u wld have PAID Rs.1,22,500.

let more things come, so that you know more about current gs being made.

and yes, dont forrget to add One More Line to all gs issues:

1- Poor Braking System
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i was.planning to buy gs in jan-15.... but now i have to review my plan.
    Winning is not every thing .... its the only thing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In my point of view In Pakistan 2 wheelers increase with much ratio as middle class families shifting to bikes from car and mostly prefer cars for Outstations, or with family and for daily commuter use bike for less expense, for avoid heavy traffic jams, etc so this segment need some powerful with style and look wise rich bike so Pakistan needs 150cc and 200cc bike with latest technology engine DOHC, SOHC , Currently only OHC engine is available in 150cc GS, GD and Pridor, but these bike lack in Disc breaks, speedo meter, self start, and other small things

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nope its a road Prince CG125 EuroII replica. lets see how much juice it has...
    Road Prince na kab sa CG-125 bana dalla? You got it from Lahore brother? How much did it cost?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List