Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Better Seating Posture? GS vs RP

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Better Seating Posture? GS vs RP

    Those fellows who have fair experience of riding both RP previous model and GS, could you please tell me which bike has the better seating posture in a longer run.

    In future I might be switching to one of these two so doing some sort of survey. My daily travelling is around 55 - 60 kms and I'm around 5'10''. Technology wise, spare parts, quality issues, I have a fair amount of idea by now reading forums here.

    Ignoring everything else here, I am purely asking for the seating position as I want a comfortable bike with best seating position. Deluxe is not in my reach being a Karachitie.


  2. #2
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Those fellows who have fair experience of riding both RP previous model and GS, could you please tell me which bike has the better seating posture in a longer run.

    In future I might be switching to one of these two so doing some sort of survey. My daily travelling is around 55 - 60 kms and I'm around 5'10''. Technology wise, spare parts, quality issues, I have a fair amount of idea by now reading forums here.

    Ignoring everything else here, I am purely asking for the seating position as I want a comfortable bike with best seating position. Deluxe is not in my reach being a Karachitie.
    rp new and old model have different riding posture I have only experienced older model and for short height person it really good riding posture but for tall person its not the good I am 5'6 and it was very comfortable for me but for my father it was not that good my father height is 5'11 and your height is 5'10 I think gs will be better for you

  3. #3
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Both have a good comfortable riding position. But both also have hard seat so keep that in mind. During our babusar tour gd110 proved to be the most comfortable.

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  4. #4
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Really? RP is bigger / longer bike. How could it be discomfort for taller person. I am just asking I am not negating you.

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    rp new and old model have different riding posture I have only experienced older model and for short height person it really good riding posture but for tall person its not the good I am 5'6 and it was very comfortable for me but for my father it was not that good my father height is 5'11 and your height is 5'10 I think gs will be better for you
    Ammar, good to know that GD was proved to be the most comfortable. Does GD has that slipping issue, its seat is inclined and some member complaint about this?

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Both have a good comfortable riding position. But both also have hard seat so keep that in mind. During our babusar tour gd110 proved to be the most comfortable.

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  5. #5
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @RocketScience will be able to give a better answet about that. Btw he chose gd over gs you might want to hear what he has to say

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Another thing about the gs is that the tank is of a very old design. In newer tanks you will notice the back of the tank has slight cuts, sprinter has those. Those cuts help the legs hold on to the tank under hard braking. And gs ka pillion wala issue hai under braking uska sar apkay helmet par baray zor ka lagay ga :-P

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  7. #7
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    hahaha nice one...

    Not sure but I am getting more positives for GD than GS. Really helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Another thing about the gs is that the tank is of a very old design. In newer tanks you will notice the back of the tank has slight cuts, sprinter has those. Those cuts help the legs hold on to the tank under hard braking. And gs ka pillion wala issue hai under braking uska sar apkay helmet par baray zor ka lagay ga :-P

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  8. #8
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    jadoon1992_vxlimited's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,388
    Follows
    7
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i am 6'3 and using gs from quite some time now. very much satisfied with the seating position. no idea about rp
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

  9. #9
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quality wise gd has no match really. Gs a totally different machine i got it because i wanted a big bike and i love its simple and retro looks. Its a great platform for mods which is another great thing about it. Awesome performance among local bikes as well. But theres no doubt that ita lacking in quality and you will spend quite some time fixing its issues

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  10. #10
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Well, incase of GD I will go for brand new. Incase of GS I definitely consider a used one (Kancha piece, no urgency at my end) preferably 2009 and before.

    I would prefer to spent the same amount on a used machine then spending the amount on a new one and still have to resolve issues under warranty plus khowari.

    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Quality wise gd has no match really. Gs a totally different machine i got it because i wanted a big bike and i love its simple and retro looks. Its a great platform for mods which is another great thing about it. Awesome performance among local bikes as well. But theres no doubt that ita lacking in quality and you will spend quite some time fixing its issues

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  11. #11
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ammarzahid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    1,766
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Well, incase of GD I will go for brand new. Incase of GS I definitely consider a used one (Kancha piece, no urgency at my end) preferably 2009 and before.

    I would prefer to spent the same amount on a used machine then spending the amount on a new one and still have to resolve issues under warranty plus khowari.
    As you have a good experience with used sprinter then you must be good at evaluating a used bike :-) used gs would no doubt be an attractive proposition

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  12. #12
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,548
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Really? RP is bigger / longer bike. How could it be discomfort for taller person. I am just asking I am not negating you.
    it has good height but uncomfortable due to seat to handel position

  13. #13
    PakWheeler Follow
    abdulrehmanrauf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    33
    Posts
    770
    Follows
    3
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    3
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @RocketScience, you feedback will greatly help me. Thanks



    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    @RocketScience will be able to give a better answet about that. Btw he chose gd over gs you might want to hear what he has to say

    Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

  14. #14
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,418
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    RP VS GS = Rider Comfort = Almost same

    RP VS GS = Rider Control = Almost same

    RP VS GS = Rider Height = GS is high RP is low to road (loadded)

    RP VS GS = Pillion Comfort = GS is more comfortabel for pillion RP is tail high and rear seat is always slanting.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  15. #15
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,276
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    RP VS GS = Rider Height = GS is high RP is low to road (loadded)

    RP VS GS = Pillion Comfort = GS is more comfortabel for pillion RP is tail high and rear seat is always slanting.
    i thought GS has low riding height. While Deluxe/RP offer high riding position.

    And i never thought GS is comfortable for pillion. Junoon/Deluxe were true pillion rider bikes.
    If you think GS is more comfortable then i guess RP is a big no no for family use??

  16. #16
    PakWheeler Follow
    dongiovanni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    281
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @abdulrehmanrauf your pillion rider will be very very very happy on GD-110. The shock absorbers on this machine really do their job.

  17. #17
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,418
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    @abdulrehmanrauf your pillion rider will be very very very happy on GD-110. The shock absorbers on this machine really do their job.
    not only shocks but that Damn soft sofa seat..


    Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    i thought GS has low riding height. While Deluxe/RP offer high riding position.
    And i never thought GS is comfortable for pillion. Junoon/Deluxe were true pillion rider bikes.
    If you think GS is more comfortable then i guess RP is a big no no for family use??
    Gull bhai... GS is High and donot touch high pointy speed breakers when loaded (fatman riding) or pillion riding... where as if two people riding on RP or a fatman riding RP will touch even the most humble speed breaker on road. This can be confirmed by many RP riders (not altered) because this issue is with every RP.

    I dont have any clue about Junoon or Deluxe, but I can assure you that RP is a tail high bike and yes any female sitting behind can easily see the whole front veiw as she will be sitting higher then driver.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  18. #18
    PakWheeler Follow
    RocketScience's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    960
    Follows
    3
    Following
    3
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Ur height is same like me but sometimes I feel that GD is chunni munni bike for me

    I prefer GD over GS due to its comfortable seat and second due to its superior quality. On that time there was only difference of Rs.3500 between GD n GS

    On day after washing n polishing bike from service station the guy rub the seat too much with polish wala cloth and said Sir g vaikho tadi motorcycle de seat kevain lishak rai ayy. That was the only day I feel my A$$ is slipping towards the fuel tank, otherwise there is no such issue of slippery seat 😊

    I m happy and fully satisfied from my bike. On the tour I really felt that my bike is under power on road that my be because of other bikes which were higher in cc's

    About its speed, in city I have personally drove it upto 102km/hr (that was on canal road, a small patch) but in constant and long run on GT road, my bike maximum speed was 95km/hr. Have tried my best to touch 100km/hr but it never happens

    You can check both bike GD n GS on showroom. Most of them are offering / having test ride bikes for customers.

    Rest the users of RP, GS are more than GD on pakwheels they can guide u better.

    Take ur time and make ur decision wisely 😊

    Jo khud ko acha lagta hai wohi loo har kisi ki baat pe dhyan mat doo har aik k apny apny tajurbaat hain


    Sent from my Nokia Lumia

  19. #19
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,418
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    sachi baat....

    Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post

    Jo khud ko acha lagta hai wohi loo har kisi ki baat pe dhyan mat doo har aik k apny apny tajurbaat hain


    Sent from my Nokia Lumia
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  20. #20
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    gull_s_777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bahawalpur
    Posts
    2,276
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Gull bhai... GS is High and donot touch high pointy speed breakers when loaded (fatman riding) or pillion riding... where as if two people riding on RP or a fatman riding RP will touch even the most humble speed breaker on road. This can be confirmed by many RP riders (not altered) because this issue is with every RP.
    i am confused vicky bro
    we are talking about ground clearance or seat height???
    I meant to ask about seat height...





    Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    I m happy and fully satisfied from my bike. On the tour I really felt that my bike is under power on road that my be because of other bikes which were higher in cc's
    that was bound to happen. you were rolling with 150CCs, modified 250CCs and what not...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •