31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Better Seating Posture? GS vs RP

Those fellows who have fair experience of riding both RP previous model and GS, could you please tell me which bike has the better seating posture in a longer run.

In future I might be switching to one of these two so doing some sort of survey. My daily travelling is around 55 - 60 kms and I'm around 5'10''. Technology wise, spare parts, quality issues, I have a fair amount of idea by now reading forums here.

Ignoring everything else here, I am purely asking for the seating position as I want a comfortable bike with best seating position. Deluxe is not in my reach being a Karachitie.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    i am confused vicky bro
    we are talking about ground clearance or seat height???
    I meant to ask about seat height...
    ground clearance = GS = Better
    ground clearance = RP = Sucks specially if two b=people are on board.

Pillion Seating = GS = Average (workable)
    Pillion Seating = RP = Slanting (tiresome for long period sitting)

Seating hieght is about the same for both I guess... ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for the detailed reply dear.

You said that you felt GD some times Chunni Munni, is it due to its overall look or when you ride / seating wise it is chunni munni? Please tell me little more about this.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    Ur height is same like me but sometimes I feel that GD is chunni munni bike for me

I prefer GD over GS due to its comfortable seat and second due to its superior quality. On that time there was only difference of Rs.3500 between GD n GS

On day after washing n polishing bike from service station the guy rub the seat too much with polish wala cloth and said Sir g vaikho tadi motorcycle de seat kevain lishak rai ayy. That was the only day I feel my A$$ is slipping towards the fuel tank, otherwise there is no such issue of slippery seat 

I m happy and fully satisfied from my bike. On the tour I really felt that my bike is under power on road that my be because of other bikes which were higher in cc's

About its speed, in city I have personally drove it upto 102km/hr (that was on canal road, a small patch) but in constant and long run on GT road, my bike maximum speed was 95km/hr. Have tried my best to touch 100km/hr but it never happens

You can check both bike GD n GS on showroom. Most of them are offering / having test ride bikes for customers.

Rest the users of RP, GS are more than GD on pakwheels they can guide u better.

Take ur time and make ur decision wisely 

Jo khud ko acha lagta hai wohi loo har kisi ki baat pe dhyan mat doo har aik k apny apny tajurbaat hain

Sent from my Nokia Lumia

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

So, it seems GD has the better seating overall. Soft seat, good riding position, good shock observers and with happy pillion rider. If GD wins in seating and overall comfort then I will definitely go for GD.

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    not only shocks but that Damn soft sofa seat..
    Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    @abdulrehmanrauf your pillion rider will be very very very happy on GD-110. The shock absorbers on this machine really do their job.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One thing you should know about GD that on heavy pillion riding it also hits the "Mashallah immaculately engineered speed humps made by our overly qualified engineers". Other than that it is as smooth as silk.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    So, it seems GD has the better seating overall. Soft seat, good riding position, good shock observers and with happy pillion rider. If GD wins in seating and overall comfort then I will definitely go for GD.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Weight of bike and bigger tyres also make it more comfortable. I never rode gd but when i compare my gs with my old sprinter, on bumps gs weight make it much much more stable and comfortable

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry for going off topic but build quality wise which is better rp or gs.

Sent from my IM-A850S using Tapatalk
    Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Another thing about the gs is that the tank is of a very old design. In newer tanks you will notice the back of the tank has slight cuts, sprinter has those. Those cuts help the legs hold on to the tank under hard braking. And gs ka pillion wala issue hai under braking uska sar apkay helmet par baray zor ka lagay ga :-P

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app
    Wo to kisi b bike per jis k front suspension achy hu pillion ka sir lagy ga jab b front break lgao aap.
    It is Easy to hate But Love is More Powerful...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you should consider engine and rest of things as priority. Seat can be adjusted in many ways. Even a custome made seat cover with good quality foam layer in it can help you for comfort. But a junky engine and vibrating footrest and bad suspension and other issues can't be resolved in a day.
    It is Easy to hate But Love is More Powerful...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I fully agree with your point that's why I have mentioned in the start 'Technology wise, spare parts, quality issues, I have a fair amount of idea by now reading forums here.'

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan4340 View Post
    I think you should consider engine and rest of things as priority. Seat can be adjusted in many ways. Even a custome made seat cover with good quality foam layer in it can help you for comfort. But a junky engine and vibrating footrest and bad suspension and other issues can't be resolved in a day.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We might not compare GS atleast with Sprinter. Sprinter generally lacks in comfort department (according to the 100cc class) and certain tweaks are required.

I also have never ridden GD but 99% fellows feedback here are positive, very comfortable seat and the shocks.

Quote Originally Posted by haseeburahman View Post
    Weight of bike and bigger tyres also make it more comfortable. I never rode gd but when i compare my gs with my old sprinter, on bumps gs weight make it much much more stable and comfortable

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You cant do much about these extraordinary engineered unlimited wonders. Feel sometimes that you should come off the bike and drag it on foot

Quote Originally Posted by dongiovanni View Post
    One thing you should know about GD that on heavy pillion riding it also hits the "Mashallah immaculately engineered speed humps made by our overly qualified engineers". Other than that it is as smooth as silk.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gemini85 View Post
    Sorry for going off topic but build quality wise which is better rp or gs.

Sent from my IM-A850S using Tapatalk
    built quality wise gs engine will be better in buit as it being assembled in in china with good quality control but gs has poor finishing if compared with rp.rp finishing is really really good

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know its off-topic but can cg-125 deluxe be included in the comparison. I think cg-125 deluxe offers the best seating posture of all the locally assembled motorcycles. Am I correct?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Those fellows who have fair experience of riding both RP previous model and GS, could you please tell me which bike has the better seating posture in a longer run.

In future I might be switching to one of these two so doing some sort of survey. My daily travelling is around 55 - 60 kms and I'm around 5'10''. Technology wise, spare parts, quality issues, I have a fair amount of idea by now reading forums here.

Ignoring everything else here, I am purely asking for the seating position as I want a comfortable bike with best seating position. Deluxe is not in my reach being a Karachitie.
    Out of the two, I think that RP offers better seating posture as gs rider seat is too low for tall persons. I daily observe a lot of gs-150s and have observed that on stock seat the person seems to sit quite low on the seat and that is not good for tall persons. I have previously owned a RP and it was quite comfortable for me and also seemed quite tall. I am 6' 4".
    After reading a lot on the net, I have concluded that a dual sports/ trail is the best option for tall guys. CD-100 and cg-125 deluxe seem to offer best riding position in local market.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, we are not allowed to own CD-70 or CG-125 classic/deluxe in Karachi. These two are meant to be snatched.

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    I know its off-topic but can cg-125 deluxe be included in the comparison. I think cg-125 deluxe offers the best seating posture of all the locally assembled motorcycles. Am I correct?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir, we are not allowed to own CD-70 or CG-125 classic/deluxe in Karachi. These two are meant to be snatched.
    aah. I got it. I haven't got a chance to ride gs-150 but as I recalled after yamaha yb-100 I bought RP and my observations were as following.

1) seat height is good. good for taller guys.
    2) seat was also comfortable.
    3) seat was inclined that I was not used to. For the first month I always got slipped to the front whenever I applied brakes.
    The only way to adjust is to put more pressure on the handlebar and your chest part while riding and when applying brakes.
    I think in newer models there is clip-on bar, that will worsen the situation and riding posture.
    4) Shocks absorbers were not that good so the suspension bounced back on every jump.
    5) As there are complains for pillion rider, there are more chances of pillion rider falling on you while braking but the seat is also comfortable for pillion rider. My wife had no complaints at all on RP while she always complained about yb-100 and now of cg-125.
    6) I also felt less fatigued on RP.
    7) About ground clearance and touching on bumps, I don't recall facing any such issues even with pillion riding.

I haven't used gs-150 but my observations are:

1) Good/strong shock absorbers as compared to RP.
    2) It has low seat and low riding position (bad point as not comfortable for tall guys)
    3) It also seems to push the rider forward while braking. I have seen many riders and it seems they they are glued to fuel tank.
    4) It has good weight that supports on bumps and aids stability.

If only seating posture is my priority, I will go like this:

1) Deluxe-125 or cd-100.
    2) RP-125
    3) GS-150.

I personally feel that cd-100 offers best seating posture as it also has soft springs and good shocks that helps in bumps. I like deluxe because of it has tallest flat seat and very good rectangular swing arm on which any kind of shocks can be installed afterwards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bike_junky View Post
    7) About ground clearance and touching on bumps, I don't recall facing any such issues even with pillion riding.

I dont know for how much time you kept it in use... but this problem is very common now and have to adjust the rear chocks to hard numbers to avoid touching speed bumps (for some time) and then even that hard position also goes soft untill the spring is out of order either snaps or loses elasticity completly and needs replacement...

skidding to fornt on braking is more for pillion as the riding posture is made more aggressive in new model with relocated foot pegs and Clip on handle bars...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

chocks
    chock I did't knew there a part in bikes that is called chocks oh I see it a typing mistake don't worry everyone makes typing mistake it not a crime

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

May be now both front and rare jumps/shocks have become much soften.

And if we talk about the new ad on (RP 2014) that is the clip on handle bars... isn't they are uncomfortable during long run than the traditional handle. Al the body weight lies on your shoulders especially on sudden braking.?

I dont know for how much time you kept it in use... but this problem is very common now and have to adjust the rear chocks to hard numbers to avoid touching speed bumps (for some time) and then even that hard position also goes soft untill the spring is out of order either snaps or loses elasticity completly and needs replacement...

skidding to fornt on braking is more for pillion as the riding posture is made more aggressive in new model with relocated foot pegs and Clip on handle bars...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you are still wrong sweet heart.. improve your English.

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    chock I did't there a part in bike that is called chocks oh I see it a typing mistake don't worry everyone make typing mistake it not crime

you are thinking right...

May be now both front and rare jumps/shocks have become much soften.

And if we talk about the new ad on (RP 2014) that is the clip on handle bars... isn't they are uncomfortable during long run than the traditional handle. Al the body weight lies on your shoulders especially on sudden braking.?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List