31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Better Seating Posture? GS vs RP

Those fellows who have fair experience of riding both RP previous model and GS, could you please tell me which bike has the better seating posture in a longer run.

In future I might be switching to one of these two so doing some sort of survey. My daily travelling is around 55 - 60 kms and I'm around 5'10''. Technology wise, spare parts, quality issues, I have a fair amount of idea by now reading forums here.

Ignoring everything else here, I am purely asking for the seating position as I want a comfortable bike with best seating position. Deluxe is not in my reach being a Karachitie.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ammarzahid, @dongiovanni, @saboor73, @rizwan4340, @bike_junky, @vickytulla, @waqas18

If I would conclude this discussion a bit then there should be no surprise that I might go for GD even I didn't include it in my list at the start of this thread. And this is the real beauty of this forum. Much thanks to all....

Few reasons are,

Seat:
    Clearly outclassed, best among all. Really helpful in minimizing the bump effects.

Shocks:
    Efficient in working and do the job nicely. Very good shock observers especially the rare ones are. There will no tyre - mudguard gape issue and even there is a space to switch to 18 inch wheel for better fuel economy.

Seating posture:
    Both rider and the pillion have a relaxed / comfortable seating posture.

Handling in rush hours:
    GD handling is way easy than GD or RP. I mean its obvious but the point is that GD handling is more suitable to me under the road conditions.

Acceleration and Top speed:
    I know acceleration is quick / brisk and I do not know what is top speed

Recent updates:
    As we come to know that alloys and self start is coming so it will be a big plus.

There is one hurdle left now which is the recent rumor about that very much expected launch of Yamaha 125ccs. I can wait for May or June 2015 and will see if the launch is promising.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you must inquire about new Self start model.. get in touch with PBC... they have insight about Yamahaa progress as well...

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post

As we come to know that alloys and self start is coming so it will be a big plus.

There is one hurdle left now which is the recent rumor about that very much expected launch of Yamaha 125ccs. I can wait for May or June 2015 and will see if the launch is promising.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

according to khurram autos page the yamahas will have an expected price between 120K 130K so it might be worth waiting.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very true and I am myself also a fan of Yamaha brand. Lets hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    according to khurram autos page the yamahas will have an expected price between 120K 130K so it might be worth waiting.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Very true and I am myself also a fan of Yamaha brand. Lets hope for the best.
    And i am waiting for yamaha too ALHAMDULILLAH have good experience with yamaha Junoon. From 5 years till now ..
    It is Easy to hate But Love is More Powerful...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best is to have a test ride of GD, RP and GS150. And opt one which seems u most comfortable. I hope bigger engine and heavy weight of GS150 will give you peace of mind. You will not feel it under power and bumpy.

Please surf on internet. If your seat it too much soft it will make you more tired on long journey. Because soft seat tends you to sit/sink in a same posture limiting your blood flow. One have to change his riding riding posture after every 30 mints to have better blood flow.

Please read the motor cycle seat portion of this link:
    Long Distance Motorcycle Riding Tips: Part 2 (Comfort)

Seat of GS150 is not too much soft as compared to GD. According to this link GS150 seat is good for long journey. Also GS150 is heavy it will more smooth on small and big bumps as compared to GD. I never rode GD but these are just my reviews may be i am wrong.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GD is a under power bike a sprinter is better than gd goes easily to 110 & can managed easily on this speed but gd have a list of issues big issue is fuel average is only 44km/L on full throttle & as same as is gs & gd never goes above from 100km/h while a gs i drove it 100 to 120 many times & anybody can manage it easily another thing i noticed in gs when when you go to hi speed on gs its engine become more & more powerful in other meaning in urdu bhai k gd 100 key speed per pohanchatay ponchantay dam tor jati hay jabkay gs jessay jessay speed pakarti jati hay wesay wesay ics key takat bhee baharti chali jati hay. another issue in gd when pillion riding on the speed of 40km/h you push its rear brake its slips from behind very badly. & due to very soft suspension on speed of 100km/h its fronts shocks starts bungling & bike goes unstable. gd is best for city use only & is a well shape of cd 70 & gd is not much gripped bike like GS i have kept both bikes & found gs much much better from GD in my thinking BIG No comparison between in these two machines

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The problems of GD that you've mentioned, I've never faced a single problem in my GD-110 till date. Just my observation.

Quote Originally Posted by hamikhan View Post
    GD is a under power bike a sprinter is better than gd goes easily to 110 & can managed easily on this speed but gd have a list of issues big issue is fuel average is only 44km/L on full throttle & as same as is gs & gd never goes above from 100km/h while a gs i drove it 100 to 120 many times & anybody can manage it easily another thing i noticed in gs when when you go to hi speed on gs its engine become more & more powerful in other meaning in urdu bhai k gd 100 key speed per pohanchatay ponchantay dam tor jati hay jabkay gs jessay jessay speed pakarti jati hay wesay wesay ics key takat bhee baharti chali jati hay. another issue in gd when pillion riding on the speed of 40km/h you push its rear brake its slips from behind very badly. & due to very soft suspension on speed of 100km/h its fronts shocks starts bungling & bike goes unstable. gd is best for city use only & is a well shape of cd 70 & gd is not much gripped bike like GS i have kept both bikes & found gs much much better from GD in my thinking BIG No comparison between in these two machines

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar why are people comparing gd and gs.. had ho gayi.

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree with Ammar. I am evaluating GD and GS only from the comfort standpoint and this is clearly mentioned in the start.

Rahi baat issues ki tou mene bohot say logon ko dekha hai sunna hai Sprinter ki bhi buriyan kertay howay. 2006 mein sunta tha k China bikes k engine saal bhi bari mushkil say nikaltay hein lakin meri Star ajj bhi sealed hai sirf ring change howay hein.

Top speed discuss ho chuki hai pehlay bhi bohot bar.

Sprinter mujhe regularly 68 kms / liters petrol avg de rahi hai...

GD ka average is lye bhi kum hai k us k tyre 17 inch k hein aur Sprinter say behter accleration deti hai. GD chalanay ka maza bhi isi lye ziada hai is ki cutting aur traffic jam mein mazay say nikal jati hai.

So again any bike is a champion in one aspect than the other and one need to evaluate them according to his needs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice information. Thanks dear.

Quote Originally Posted by haseeburahman View Post
    Best is to have a test ride of GD, RP and GS150. And opt one which seems u most comfortable. I hope bigger engine and heavy weight of GS150 will give you peace of mind. You will not feel it under power and bumpy.

Please surf on internet. If your seat it too much soft it will make you more tired on long journey. Because soft seat tends you to sit/sink in a same posture limiting your blood flow. One have to change his riding riding posture after every 30 mints to have better blood flow.

Please read the motor cycle seat portion of this link:
    Long Distance Motorcycle Riding Tips: Part 2 (Comfort)

Seat of GS150 is not too much soft as compared to GD. According to this link GS150 seat is good for long journey. Also GS150 is heavy it will more smooth on small and big bumps as compared to GD. I never rode GD but these are just my reviews may be i am wrong.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aisa to ho ga he jab log fazool main gd aur gs ka comparison kerain *** to its natural

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Yar why are people comparing gd and gs.. had ho gayi.

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List