Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 61
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: correct jet size for 125 carburetor being used in CD 200 engine

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default correct jet size for 125 carburetor being used in CD 200 engine

    Dear members, can you please guide me that jet size are to be used in a 125s carburetor in order for it to run well, fuel economy is not an issue.

  2. #21
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamikhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,259
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    Dear members, can you please guide me that jet size are to be used in a 125s carburetor in order for it to run well, fuel economy is not an issue.
    My dear try to find your cd 200 carb on internet a lot of cd 200 are runing well in dubai until now & every part of your bike is easily available there

  3. #22
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    engine condition also matter how your engine?

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    Synchrony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    97
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Pretty sure I have a Honda 175 carburetor with me. Will let go at first reasonable offer.

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synchrony View Post
    Pretty sure I have a Honda 175 carburetor with me. Will let go at first reasonable offer.
    Check your inbox.

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamikhan View Post
    My dear try to find your cd 200 carb on internet a lot of cd 200 are runing well in dubai until now & every part of your bike is easily available there
    Will need to go there myself.

  7. #26
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    hamikhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Other
    Posts
    1,259
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    1
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    Will need to go there myself.
    No my dear you don't need to go there by yourself many companies do there jobs on net they can deliver you any of part of your bike at home
    like alibaba & so many more just do a search on internet

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hamikhan View Post
    No my dear you don't need to go there by yourself many companies do there jobs on net they can deliver you any of part of your bike at home
    like alibaba & so many more just do a search on internet
    Done that already, they deal in bulk orders only, the carburetor wasn't available anyway, they had other parts, I'll go there myself for new years eve, so I'll try looking there.

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    rehankjanjua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    55
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    30 mm carburator, main jet 85 -95. idle jet 35-45.

    May have to go bigger if you need top speed performance.

    Get Kaihai -JINKEI - Khihai or other makes all are good, millions are running good and all are Chinese.
    Rehan K.Janjua

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rehankjanjua View Post
    30 mm carburator, main jet 85 -95. idle jet 35-45.

    May have to go bigger if you need top speed performance.

    Get Kaihai -JINKEI - Khihai or other makes all are good, millions are running good and all are Chinese.
    Are these jets compatible with the Chinese copy of CG-125?

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    rehankjanjua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    55
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Yes.......these are compatible, besides Suki or Yama.

    Mixture screw should cover the idle stage or you have to increase the jet size till you get your idle set at 2.1/2 turns.
    increase the size of the Main jet to get more top end.

    Lean fuel mixture results in over heating, valve seat damage and foul plugs.

    Ashan Ullah suggested that you get a Rickshaw/ChingChe 150cc or 200cc carburetor, this is the best bet.

    Regards.
    Rehan K.Janjua

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    roadmaster.muhammadfrraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    dear, let me add some thing in this healthy conversation. i am using RM with 125's Carburetor, my bike touches 120km/h or abhi mein poora is liye nahin deta k mein kamzor dil ka maalik hun
    i am using 95mm jet... aap ko original 200 carb new to shayad na milay jo used hota hai woh use hi hota hai.RM is obsolete bike, we need to manage things in a shaped way... and i think 125 is a better substitute as we are moving towards disappearing of RM's parts.
    Peace!!

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I get light brown plugs on the current setup as well. Thanks for the detailed answer. @rehankjanjua

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster.muhammadfrraz View Post
    dear, let me add some thing in this healthy conversation. i am using RM with 125's Carburetor, my bike touches 120km/h or abhi mein poora is liye nahin deta k mein kamzor dil ka maalik hun
    i am using 95mm jet... aap ko original 200 carb new to shayad na milay jo used hota hai woh use hi hota hai.RM is obsolete bike, we need to manage things in a shaped way... and i think 125 is a better substitute as we are moving towards disappearing of RM's parts.
    Peace!!
    Sir but original parts would perform better, I'm trying to find a CD 175'so carb. But will try changing the jets as well. What's the idle jet that you're using? How's the pick of the bike? And what air filter are you using?

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    BTW does anyone what's a governor in CD-200? the mechanic while adjusting the point gap pointed out that my governor is malfunctioning and it requires a rewinding or replacement. I didn't get his term properly I assumed he meant the stator. Can anyone please shed some light on it

  16. #35
    PakWheeler Follow
    roadmaster.muhammadfrraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    original air filter. pick is perfect

  17. #36
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    saboor73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    10,553
    Follows
    25
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    6
    Best Answers
    2
    Good Answers
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aliatif777 View Post
    BTW does anyone what's a governor in CD-200? the mechanic while adjusting the point gap pointed out that my governor is malfunctioning and it requires a rewinding or replacement. I didn't get his term properly I assumed he meant the stator. Can anyone please shed some light on it
    Governer are located in point magnet there are two governer present in point magnet governer ensure the perfect timming of magnet I think that could be the reason your bike not performing as it should perform does your do missing on full accelerator

  18. #37
    PakWheeler Follow
    roadmaster.muhammadfrraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    governor of cd 200


    correct jet size for 125 carburetor being used in CD 200 engine -1497675

  19. #38
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    RX115's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,163
    Follows
    5
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadmaster.muhammadfrraz View Post
    original air filter. pick is perfect
    i have ride your bike a little, as per my exp, it is performing good on cg,s carb having over size jets, but if i would be you then i will must buy an orig carb for my ride, new or used in god cond
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

  20. #39
    PakWheeler Follow
    roadmaster.muhammadfrraz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    29
    Posts
    147
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Governor cannot be re-winded, it can be rebuffed or re-shaped(if there is any capable mechanic available).spring of governor is also a important element to set the point setting

  21. #40
    PakWheeler Follow
    aliatif777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    22
    Posts
    165
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    Governer are located in point magnet there are two governer present in point magnet governer ensure the perfect timming of magnet I think that could be the reason your bike not performing as it should perform does your do missing on full accelerator
    Yes it does miss a little bit on full throttle, is this governor repairable? I was advised by the mechanic to go to Pakistan chowk to some saleemi guy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •