1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question Piston Size ?

As the title suggests i am going to get piston and piston rings replaced on my CG125 2011. It has done 34k but unfortunately it has started reducing oil only half a litre came out after 1000km. Smoke only at full throttle not normally though the silencer has that black powder type stuff inside it which indicates that piston rings are worn out.
    Now since i have to get it open i am also thinking of getting the piston replaced as well. This has what has gotten be confused now there are piston sizes which i was unaware of Zero(Stock), 50 etc. (I thought it was just a straight swap)

My mechanic has told me only when he opens up he is gonna know whether it requires 0 or 50 piston and if it requires 50 piston he has to do bore as well, for 0 there is no need. Boring would surely lead to problems in the future and this has put me in doubt whether to get the thing opened up in the first place or not.

I need expert opinion, it is getting opened up for the first time will it require size 50 piston or 0, as the smoke is only on full throttle and no drop in performance or anything, average is fine too. Should i get only the rings replaced.
    Help would be really appreciated.
    Also if anyone of you had it done do share your experience did problems occured afterwards oil leakage from gaskets etc. Your input will be helpful to me.
    Note: I will be using all genuine AHL parts if i decide to get it done.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just change the rings on your zero piston, as u say half liter after 1000km and smoke on full throttle. no need to change the piston and valves etc. purchase a japanese ring and get it replaced. the job should be done under 1000rs. Your problem will completely go to end

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If i am not mistaken, 2011 model main 0 number he chalta hay. If its the first time you are getting your rings & pistons replaced, then just get a 0 number. Keep it stock, fully.
    Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroon_1 View Post
    just change the rings on your zero piston, as u say half liter after 1000km and smoke on full throttle. no need to change the piston and valves etc. purchase a japanese ring and get it replaced. the job should be done under 1000rs. Your problem will completely go to end
    NO. I disagree. Been there, done that. Change the piston as well, or your pistons will leak again in just 1 or 2 months. Mechanic advised me to change the piston, i said the same thing i.e. If its ok, i don't want to change it.

Well ... somethings we learn the hard way.

Change everything including Pistons, Rings, Valves, Valve Seals and Push Rods (use the older model's push roads which are thicker) etc. The cost may go upto Rs.5000 if Geniune japenese parts are considered. But your engine will be as good as new.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    If i am not mistaken, 2011 model main 0 number he chalta hay. If its the first time you are getting your rings & pistons replaced, then just get a 0 number. Keep it stock, fully.
    Yup this is the first time

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

NO. I disagree. Been there, done that. Change the piston as well, or your pistons will leak again in just 1 or 2 months. Mechanic advised me to change the piston, i said the same thing i.e. If its ok, i don't want to change it.

Well ... somethings we learn the hard way.

Change everything including Pistons, Rings, Valves, Valve Seals and Push Rods (use the older model's push roads which are thicker) etc. The cost may go upto Rs.5000 if Geniune japenese parts are considered. But your engine will be as good as new.
    Can you tell me the complete list of parts seals ? gaskets ?
    I will obviously be going for AHL parts and what things need to be kept in mind for any future inconvenience.
    Spending 5k now is not a problem for me, but dont want new problems coming up everyday oil leakage etc,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah9014 View Post
    Can you tell me the complete list of parts seals ? gaskets ?
    I will obviously be going for AHL parts and what things need to be kept in mind for any future inconvenience.
    Spending 5k now is not a problem for me, but dont want new problems coming up everyday oil leakage etc,
    The things i do remember over the top of my head:
    - Piston
    - Valves
    - Valve Seals (Valve Stem)
    - Piston Rings
    - A package of Gaskets
    - Engine Oil (will have to be replaced)
    - Kharadia expense (to grind and cleanse the cylinder head)

... I have a few pictures here as well. Kindly have a look at this album: CG125 Engine Work - Imgur
    Notes:
    - The rings in this picture were in 'newer packing' and were returned to the shop. Rings in 'old packing' were bought as they were said to be real Japanese (something like that). I didn't take any picture for them as it was a spontaneous decision.

- Valves shown are old. I couldn't take pics of newer valves. By the time i thought of taking a snap, they were already inside the engine.

- The piston showed is the old one, which was not changed. I thought its okay so i don't need to change it. As it turns out ... i learned a lesson the hard way i.e. It should have been changed along with all the stuff.

- Push Roads were changed recently, a few months ago. I also mentioned it in my thread here: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...ed#post4354995

Also, it has just been occured to me that its been nearly a year that i got this work done (the work was done @ 23 July 2013). Although the smoke in my bike isn't very visible ... but its definitely there, and can be noticed because of 'wet carbon in exhaust' and also 'oil around the spark plug'. I can also notice smoke sometimes whenever bike is at full throttle.

Basically its barely visible ... but its there. And it should NOT be there. Which is why you should change the piston as well.

I didn't get the bike opened up after that, and i am running it like that. Its doing its job, but that mental keera that "it needs work done" is still there.

Without the Piston, i remember the total expense was like 3500 or maybe 4000. Or maybe it was 2500. Atlas Honda's Genuine Valves had costed me like Rs.900. The Stem Seals were like Rs.220 (or was it 450, can't remember). The Engine Oil was Rs.450 (from Filter House, Montegomery Road), and One Liter Petrol for cleaning. Rest was Gasket set etc. Can't remember the exact details, but this should give you enough idea.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yar yah 0 aur 50 number piston main kia difference hay

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The things i do remember over the top of my head:
    - Piston
    - Valves
    - Valve Seals (Valve Stem)
    - Piston Rings
    - A package of Gaskets
    - Engine Oil (will have to be replaced)
    - Kharadia expense (to grind and cleanse the cylinder head)

... I have a few pictures here as well. Kindly have a look at this album: CG125 Engine Work - Imgur
    Notes:
    - The rings in this picture were in 'newer packing' and were returned to the shop. Rings in 'old packing' were bought as they were said to be real Japanese (something like that). I didn't take any picture for them as it was a spontaneous decision.

- Valves shown are old. I couldn't take pics of newer valves. By the time i thought of taking a snap, they were already inside the engine.

- The piston showed is the old one, which was not changed. I thought its okay so i don't need to change it. As it turns out ... i learned a lesson the hard way i.e. It should have been changed along with all the stuff.

- Push Roads were changed recently, a few months ago. I also mentioned it in my thread here: https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...ed#post4354995

Also, it has just been occured to me that its been nearly a year that i got this work done (the work was done @ 23 July 2013). Although the smoke in my bike isn't very visible ... but its definitely there, and can be noticed because of 'wet carbon in exhaust' and also 'oil around the spark plug'. I can also notice smoke sometimes whenever bike is at full throttle.

Basically its barely visible ... but its there. And it should NOT be there. Which is why you should change the piston as well.

I didn't get the bike opened up after that, and i am running it like that. Its doing its job, but that mental keera that "it needs work done" is still there.

Without the Piston, i remember the total expense was like 3500 or maybe 4000. Or maybe it was 2500. Atlas Honda's Genuine Valves had costed me like Rs.900. The Stem Seals were like Rs.220 (or was it 450, can't remember). The Engine Oil was Rs.450 (from Filter House, Montegomery Road), and One Liter Petrol for cleaning. Rest was Gasket set etc. Can't remember the exact details, but this should give you enough idea.
    Thankyou so much for such a detailed reply

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Samaj nahin ati sirf 34 k chali hay aur head khul raha honda nay quality bohat low kar di hay

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    Samaj nahin ati sirf 34 k chali hay aur head khul raha honda nay quality bohat low kar di hay
    That's the sad part considering i had the oil change and tuning done after every 1000kms and used it only from home-office-home.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

don't behave like road side mechanic open the engine and changing every thing is not the solution change the thing which need replacement the more factory fitted thing the more better first remove your spark plug and put you figure in it move the kick a lil and check the compression if compression is ok than you don't need new vavles second did you ever used hi octane in your bike if used than check that if your bike produce some tick tick sound in col start if it produce the sound that mean your need new vavles

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JUNOON007 View Post
    Yar yah 0 aur 50 number piston main kia difference hay
    0 piston is stock piston there no such thing as (pachas,soo 50,100 no ka piston our mechanic call them) there 0.5,1.0 no piston 0.5 no piston is 05.mm and 1.0 piston is 1mm bigger than stock piston this piston need replacement when cylinder surface become rough and piston stuck in the current cylinder

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

That's sad to hear and after only 34K kms. And who was saying that 125 is reliable?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    don't behave like road side mechanic open the engine and changing every thing is not the solution change the thing which need replacement the more factory fitted thing the more better first remove your spark plug and put you figure in it move the kick a lil and check the compression if compression is ok than you don't need new vavles second did you ever used hi octane in your bike if used than check that if your bike produce some tick tick sound in col start if it produce the sound that mean your need new vavles
    I am also in favour of genuine things, to be honest dont want it to get it open. But the problem is at the moment there is a good possibility that only rings are damaged and piston is ok but constantly running on low oil would mean that sooner or later engine would seize and than it will be a huge headache.
    Compression is fine, never used high octane, no specific sound in cold start.
    However there is a sound which comes out constantly, it's quite less, more of a shrieking sound when bike doing 80+ mechanic said the sound it due to push rod whose replacement would also mean that bike would produce less sound at high speed "zor kam lagay ga"

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah9014 View Post
    That's the sad part considering i had the oil change and tuning done after every 1000kms and used it only from home-office-home.
    Yah bro and people says main tay honda hi lan san

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

adding over sized rings in the 0 piston (current one) will sure fix it up ... use orignal gaskit and get it done by professional so there is no fault left by a poor workmanship.

By over size means thicker not bigger in diameter. can eb found in Ring piston market in Mcloed Road.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List