4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Sports Bike for a noob- suggestions please

Hey guys, I have always had this craze for bikes(even if it was a CD70 as a teenager)
    I want to buy a bike to ride on weekends, no more than 600cc in engine capacity.
    Can somebody give me any suggestions?
    I need the bike to be within 3 lacs(used ofcourse) and maintenance may be expensive, that's okay, but parts should not be a PITA to find.
    any suggestions? expectig 90s models as the later models will surely go past 3 lacs.
    going to buy in January so no hurry or no offers like im selling my bike this evening so come buy it and all.
    im okay with both these looks. (these are cbr600 and bandit 400 btw)
    Sports Bike for a noob suggestions please -1497250Sports Bike for a noob suggestions please -1497251

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And engine size doesn't really matter.....bike is a bike. even a 50cc can kill you if you ride like an idiot without safety gear and overspeed....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

videos look and SOUND pretty good. i believe i will have to ignore the round headlights for now, will think of the fancy stuff once i get comfortable on a heavy bike and buy a better one later.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_zamataev View Post
    And engine size doesn't really matter.....bike is a bike. even a 50cc can kill you if you ride like an idiot without safety gear and overspeed....
    well my purpose of buying a bike is just to ride it on weekends, i always wanted a bike and am hoping to buy one finally.
    speed or races aren't a goal, just the looks and drive.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since you are a noob, you should try and find something not above 400cc in 4 cylinder category.

GS500 is a pretty good starter bike, not just in Pakistan but all across the world.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    Since you are a noob, you should try and find something not above 400cc in 4 cylinder category.

GS500 is a pretty good starter bike, not just in Pakistan but all across the world.
    is it GS500E that everyone speaks of? a photo of the bike will be of great help. I see almost all sorts of bikes searching for GS500

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^Yes its GS500E. Here is a pic of it:
    Sports Bike for a noob suggestions please -1497577
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    ^Yes its GS500E. Here is a pic of it:
    Sports Bike for a noob suggestions please -1497577
    alright, i like this look in a bike. so how better and different is it from a suzuki bandit 400 or 600?
    im sorry for so many questions but i have to make up my mind soon so that i just get it done in january(got little free time then so wont be enough to do all the RESEARCH)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by butt9986 View Post
    videos look and SOUND pretty good. i believe i will have to ignore the round headlights for now, will think of the fancy stuff once i get comfortable on a heavy bike and buy a better one later.
    the CBR250RR IS a "better" bike....That thing is straight out of motogp....you won't find any other bikes that sound THIS good....it sounds like a F1 !!!

alright, i like this look in a bike. so how better and different is it from a suzuki bandit 400 or 600?
    im sorry for so many questions but i have to make up my mind soon so that i just get it done in january(got little free time then so wont be enough to do all the RESEARCH)
    The GS500 is not a sport bike....The one in the pic looks cool maybe, but the ones in your budget will look pretty crappy...

Also, there's Suzuki GSX600F which you may be able to find somewhere around your budget (more than 3 lacs)...Its not a full race bike and not a scooter, somewhere in the middle...

It doesn't sound as good as the CBR250RR, revs much lower and is heavier in weight with not too many additional horses...

this is what it looks like :

Sports Bike for a noob- suggestions please - gsx2060020f

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CBR is what sounds better so far, as far as the gs500 is concerned, the ones on pakwheels dont look so good. I'd rather pick an old kawasaki GTO for the slightly above plain looks. my demand is UNIQUE looks, GOOD SOUND and EASY TO MAINTAIN(doesnt have to be too good on fuel or cheap on maintenance)

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CBR is what sounds better so far, as far as the gs500 is concerned, the ones on pakwheels dont look so good. I'd rather pick an old kawasaki GTO for the slightly above plain looks. my demand is UNIQUE looks, GOOD SOUND and EASY TO MAINTAIN(doesnt have to be too good on fuel or cheap on maintenance)
    GS500 is 2 cylinder, will not sound sporty at all...

the CBR250RR IS unique, pretty soon there wouldn't be many left in decent condition....

kawasaki GTO is cr@p bike...no offence to its lovers....

I've recommended the best bike according to market availability....that is the CBR250RR and there are pretty decent ones for sale right now....that yellow one being on top of the list....

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well my purpose of buying a bike is just to ride it on weekends, i always wanted a bike and am hoping to buy one finally.
    speed or races aren't a goal, just the looks and drive.
    you won't find any modern R1 , R6 CBR600RR looking bikes in 3 lacs buddy...you will however find some whacked out old bikes, with substandard modifications which will be hard to maintain....try and stick to as OEM spec as possible...anything modified or pangafied will only make it difficult to maintain....The CBR250RR is a small bike by name, but it's a really good bike....the kind of power they managed to get out of a tiny 250cc engine is crazy....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ivan_zamataev View Post
    you won't find any modern R1 , R6 CBR600RR looking bikes in 3 lacs buddy...you will however find some whacked out old bikes, with substandard modifications which will be hard to maintain....try and stick to as OEM spec as possible...anything modified or pangafied will only make it difficult to maintain....The CBR250RR is a small bike by name, but it's a really good bike....the kind of power they managed to get out of a tiny 250cc engine is crazy....
    being COMPLETELY honest with you i love the sound and those videos you shared. the only thing are the front lights or i guess NOSE is what its called. but for performance and ease i can ignore that. FOR NOW CBR250RR is THE OPTION!
    but as you mentioned the look of R6 etc, how much higher a budget would I need in order to get one like that? 450K can be made possible knowing that i will have little or nothing left to spend on the bike after purchase then.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

being COMPLETELY honest with you i love the sound and those videos you shared. the only thing are the front lights or i guess NOSE is what its called. but for performance and ease i can ignore that. FOR NOW CBR250RR is THE OPTION!
    but as you mentioned the look of R6 etc, how much higher a budget would I need in order to get one like that? 450K can be made possible knowing that i will have little or nothing left to spend on the bike after purchase then.
    Go for a kawasaki 636 of 2005 type model, it will cost around 6-7

else gs500 is the only option, this bike is having some great power, very responsive engine, mine goes 0-100 in almost 4-5 seconds.
    here is the pic for u
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that would cost alot lot more.....and nothing comes in 450k....and if it does, it would be not in good condition, you will have to spend more on it....

the two headlights look fine, get over it....or have been watching dhoom too much?

to make you feel a little better about the CBR250RR , here's what a real motogp bike looks like :

Sports Bike for a noob- suggestions please - 2015 suzuki motogp race bike inline four

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No comparison between a 2 cylinder bike and a 4 cylinder bike. GS500 is parallel twin with air-cooled engine while Bandit is a 4 cylinder with liquid cooled engine and has more acceleration and top speed. GS500 is a street bike with better/comfortable handling, better fuel average and for normal speed cruising and easier maintenance.

sul
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bro a decent clean bandit 400 is too hard to find these days in pindi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are looking for a typical "heavy bike" ........ a co0l fairing motorcycle with an exhaust note to die for than GS500e wont cut the mustard.

In the price range of 300k....... look for a decent cbr250rr as suggested earlier. Do look for a genuine specimen. A good one is hard to find. It is by far the best sounding sports bike till date......... it revs to an amazing 19,000 RPM........ thats formula 1 territory.

And just because its a 250cc dont think its all show and no go.......... its got 45BHP or something............not bad for a 250cc engine.
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List