Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By abzia
  • 1 Post By shahid7624
  • 1 Post By dongiovanni

Thread: Here're The 7 Reasons why BIG BIKES are not offered in Pakistan.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Here're The 7 Reasons why BIG BIKES are not offered in Pakistan.

1. Road: Its no secret that our roads are in deplorable condition to say the least. Pot holes, speed breakers, uncovered sewer holes, rocks and the likes. Not a good new for a sport bike rider.
    2. Traffic: Lets be honest here, no one cares about traffic rules here. Not to mention traffic congestion. Almost all our roads are way over capacity. You'll see people riding their bikes on footpaths, you'll see rickshaws taking 180 degree turns, you'll see donkey carts cruising the fast lane with pride... So, needless to say, you won't go beyond 60km/h most of the time. And a CD70 can do just that!
    3. Economy: We belongs to a 3rd World where most pople earn roughly 8,000 rupees/month. That's less than $80. For the most of us, anything but a CD70 is in the realm of luxuries. Besides, most people use their bikes to carry their whole families... They would prefer a worn out used car over a fast new bike any day...
    4. Stature: Well, Most of us are well under 5 feet 10 inch and weights roughly 50-60KG on average. Whereas most big bikes weights 150KG upto well over 200KG and have a seat height of around 31-33 inches and I'm not even getting to 300 KG Harley Davidsons! I'm 6'3 @ 100 KG and am considered HUGE here whereas a person my size would be considered slight above average in Western Countries. I don't think a 'HALF PASLI' 50KG kid could filter a big bike through our congested roads. Solid fact...
    5. Fuel Consumption: Thats right, I don't think most of us could afford a bike that returns barely 25-30km/l. Besides, we use the WORST grade fuel in the world that decreases the mileage even further. Ever wonder why Indian Manufacturers claims their 150cc bikes return 80KM/L or more??? Hope you got my point.
    6. Maintenance & ownership costs: Another fact. We curse our poor mechanics when they ask anything over 100 rupees for a full engine tune up. Are you willing to pay over Rs.1,000 for a tune up, oil/filter/fluids change? Guess not. Newer bikes comes with radiators, self start, fuel injection, DOHC, multi cylinders, twin spark plugs per cylinder, ABS, various gauges, slipper clutches, and sensors etc that hikes up the maintenance costs.
    7. Theft. Well, its Pakistan! You'll be VERY lucky if you ever recover your stolen vehicle! I mean EVER!!!
    HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER ABOUT PAKISTANI MOTORCYCLE SCENE NOW...
    Peace.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Agreed

Sent from my IM-A850S using Tapatalk
    Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1. Road: Its no secret that our roads are in deplorable condition to say the least. Pot holes, speed breakers, uncovered sewer holes, rocks and the likes. Not a good new for a sport bike rider.
    - We have Audi, BMW and Porsche dealerships, who drive on the same roads, why not bikes then ?
    2. Traffic: Lets be honest here, no one cares about traffic rules here. Not to mention traffic congestion. Almost all our roads are way over capacity. You'll see people riding their bikes on footpaths, you'll see rickshaws taking 180 degree turns, you'll see donkey carts cruising the fast lane with pride... So, needless to say, you won't go beyond 60km/h most of the time. And a CD70 can do just that!
    - Same answer as to point 1
    3. Economy: We belongs to a 3rd World where most pople earn roughly 8,000 rupees/month. That's less than $80. For the most of us, anything but a CD70 is in the realm of luxuries. Besides, most people use their bikes to carry their whole families... They would prefer a worn out used car over a fast new bike any day...
    4. Stature: Well, Most of us are well under 5 feet 10 inch and weights roughly 50-60KG on average. Whereas most big bikes weights 150KG upto well over 200KG and have a seat height of around 31-33 inches and I'm not even getting to 300 KG Harley Davidsons! I'm 6'3 @ 100 KG and am considered HUGE here whereas a person my size would be considered slight above average in Western Countries. I don't think a 'HALF PASLI' 50KG kid could filter a big bike through our congested roads. Solid fact...
    - Well why not in India ? ... They are generally shorter than us, ... Even if there was an issue, its not that hard to fix -1" difference in the ride height.
    5. Fuel Consumption: Thats right, I don't think most of us could afford a bike that returns barely 25-30km/l. Besides, we use the WORST grade fuel in the world that decreases the mileage even further. Ever wonder why Indian Manufacturers claims their 150cc bikes return 80KM/L or more??? Hope you got my point.
    - Then why not market same bikes they have in India. One who wants to own a sports bike should atleast be able to afford fuel mileage of mehran atleast.
    6. Maintenance & ownership costs: Another fact. We curse our poor mechanics when they ask anything over 100 rupees for a full engine tune up. Are you willing to pay over Rs.1,000 for a tune up, oil/filter/fluids change? Guess not. Newer bikes comes with radiators, self start, fuel injection, DOHC, multi cylinders, twin spark plugs per cylinder, ABS, various gauges, slipper clutches, and sensors etc that hikes up the maintenance costs.
    - If the bikes are mainstream, the dealerships could handle it, but that is only if it becomes mainstream.
    7. Theft. Well, its Pakistan! You'll be VERY lucky if you ever recover your stolen vehicle! I mean EVER!!!
    - If you lose a 300k bike is equivalent to 300k car, i don't see any difference.
    Peace.

What I think is keeping us from having these bikes
    1. Price
    2. Monopoly of current market leaders
    3. Un-educated consumer who wants what anyone else has

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think you have forgotten Duties as well.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shahid7624 View Post
    I think you have forgotten Duties as well.
    Good point, bro. Now we've 8 reasons! Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abzia View Post
    - We have Audi, BMW and Porsche dealerships, who drive on the same roads, why not bikes then ?
    - Well why not in India ? ... They are generally shorter than us, ... Even if there was an issue, its not that hard to fix -1" difference in the ride height.
    - Then why not market same bikes they have in India. One who wants to own a sports bike should atleast be able to afford fuel mileage of mehran atleast.
    - If the bikes are mainstream, the dealerships could handle it, but that is only if it becomes mainstream.
    - If you lose a 300k bike is equivalent to 300k car, i don't see any difference.
    Peace.

1. Price

we have few Rolls royce as well in Karachi
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i don't agree with all these facts not everyone in this world can afford Bugatti, can efford its fuel expenses, have roads to enjoy his ride, have maintenance issue and the list of issues goes on and on, but there are always people who r crazy enough to buy these things.
    Same is the case for Pakistan, we have a lot of crazy people here who buy ferrari, lamborgini, maserati,hayabusa,bmw,audi,porsche,RR what not
    Can,t think of a better signature

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please space opening post in paragraphs.
    Apart from that, good job.
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sure, plenty of people have Sports Bikes etc here... But they're like 'salt in flour'! A 'Nichie' if I may...
    Some people mentioned that India isn't much different than Pakistan. Well, they couldn't be more wrong...
    Their population is roughly 1,300,000,000 or 130 Crore. Thats roughly 1/5th of the world population, whereas our population is less than 200,000,000 or 20 Crore.
    MORE POPULATION = MORE BUSINESS. What might sell here in hundreds of units will sell in thousands of units there. Not to mention, their middle class is booming, unlike here where its practically fading... Oh, and their currency is twice as strong!
    BTW, I've been to India once... Actually I'm a 'Mahajir' here and we've relatives there... Anyhow, I can't remember seeing big bikes often. These were a rare sight in 'Lucknow City' atleast. What I mostly saw is 100-150cc bikes and small automatic scooters... Although I remember seeing Royal Enfields twice or thrice... Pretty loud bikes... I stayed there for 15 days and NEVER saw a 600 or even a 250!
    Peace.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abzia View Post
    Peace.

1. Price

Very well answered by abzia thanks bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lets not start the race of 'race' here...
    your points are somewhat valid but delusional I mean if you think that you ever will afford a sports bike in under 300k you couldn't be more wrong.
    these sports bikes are luxuries and are for a niche always. you may be right for stating the fact but let me state that luxuries are not to be affordable for every one. its a like a law not only in Pakistan but all over the world.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

You forgot the most important point. The AHL CG will remain the undisputed champion racer in this country, no matter what anyone offers. Our Awam thinks that this bike is made on the principles of rocket and is put together by magic and nothing in this entire universe can beat it. And by our awam I mean about 80% of bikers. So that's that........

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List