Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Expert Opinion

Dear Pakwheelers,

I have a Honda CD 125 1997 attached are the last year pics currently the condition is not good engine needs to overhauled and some chrome work is also needed on body parts. I have 3 options please guide what would be a better option.

1. Overhauled the bike once again as per standard
    2. Sell the bike and buy a new one ( Suzuki GS 150 )
    3. Modify the bike from engine this time do some weight, cylinder , piston & head alteration.

while overhauling this time i have to replace the clutch side main engine chamber piece as there is a small crack through which oil spills out gradually so i am thinking either buy a new altas piece from market or buy a old engine piece from scrap market plus the modification is required as stock 125 is not as same power to GS 150. I like to buy one but these day many owners are saying the build quality has gone worst its better not to buy now. Some suggest its better to buy a china CD 70 use it for 1 or 2 year and then sell it and buy a new one as nowadays motorcycles build quality has gone down.

Please suggest me a bike with following features

1.Powerful
    2.Reliable
    3.Durable
    4.Low maintenance
    5.Economical

The bike will a daily runner for me & will travel around 30 km daily.

Pakwheelrs your suggestions & feedback are highly appreciated.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro sale this bike and buy a used gs 150 2013 model in good condition it will cost you 80k to 85 k and I promise you will not regret your decision today I got a test drive of gs 150 I touch 100 km/hr in no time but I'm afraid to increase its speed so I was slow it down and after riding every local assemble bike look crap in front of 150

Sent from my ZTE BLADE III using Tapatalk 2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

97 is a very beautiful model but overhauling it now will require time, alot of money and after that it wont be reliable. better is to sell it and buy a used or new 150(whatever suits you). i have seen people spending even 30-40k on cg's and after 6 months its again in the same condition. and even if you alter it, you wont get the comfort that gs has. ravi piaggio is also an option
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Mohsin
    Thank for the reply kindly confirm what if I buy a new gs 150 2014 or buy next year in jan 2015 model if it will get any changes next year what are quality standard in the new models I have not heard good feedback from people buying the latest model

@ jadoon
    Thanks for the reply you are right I had spent more then 30k last year to get the bike in the attached pic condition but because of not taking proper care of the bike the condition could not be maintained plus on the net I checked that 125 honda has OHV engine & gs 150 has a OHC engine which has less vibration low matainence then OHV. Is gs 150 the latest model having good quality because people say suzuki has not taken care of the quality nowadays please suggest

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by moizladak View Post
    @Mohsin
    Thank for the reply kindly confirm what if I buy a new gs 150 2014 or buy next year in jan 2015 model if it will get any changes next year what are quality standard in the new models I have not heard good feedback from people buying the latest model

@ jadoon
    Thanks for the reply you are right I had spent more then 30k last year to get the bike in the attached pic condition but because of not taking proper care of the bike the condition could not be maintained plus on the net I checked that 125 honda has OHV engine & gs 150 has a OHC engine which has less vibration low matainence then OHV. Is gs 150 the latest model having good quality because people say suzuki has not taken care of the quality nowadays please suggest
    my brother has 13 model and is working fine ALLHAMDULLILAH. being a gs owner for around 4 years now(mine is 11 model), never faced any issues. everything is original till now except the chain sprocket set changed recently. only change the oil at 800-1000 kms and tunning after 2000 kms. you are from Karachi so parts and service centre's are not an issue for you. take a test ride and then decide. because spending 30 k every year, if you dont want to go for a gs, get a brand new cg and enjoy trouble free ride
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jadoon

What do you say about the latest model of GS 150 are they worth buying .. the older models were manufactured with some good quality . Recently a month back i went to the showroom on Akbar Road karachi and . also a showroom on Shaheed-e-Millat people with the new model has some complains like brakes plate issue , shocker making noise , quality of the chrome not good and some other small issue .. is there any factory outlet were bikes are directly sold because sometimes dealers do little alteration to the product to make their own profit.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jadoon

What do you say about the latest model of GS 150 are they worth buying .. the older models were manufactured with some good quality . Recently a month back i went to the showroom on Akbar Road karachi and . also a showroom on Shaheed-e-Millat people with the new model has some complains like brakes plate issue , shocker making noise , quality of the chrome not good and some other small issue .. is there any factory outlet were bikes are directly sold because sometimes dealers do little alteration to the product to make their own profit.
    New model has a lot less chrome. But you WILL face quality control issues.. ie bikes that had issues on production line still make it to showrooms. So if ur okay with getting rid of issues yourself then its a great bike. But if ur a busy person with no time to address the little and big issues this bike will produce then better go for ahl 125

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ammarzahid

Thanks . Yes new model has less chrome but as u said quality control issues thats what i would not like to have when i buy a new bike and for AHL brand new 125 Karachi is not a safe place AHL 125 gets snatched quickly. what left after these issue is to remake the old bike i have or get a good GS 150 old model or to Buy a new China 70.... which china 70 has good quality .... i think Yamaha Dhoom looks to be Good in china quality.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ammarzahid

Thanks . Yes new model has less chrome but as u said quality control issues thats what i would not like to have when i buy a new bike and for AHL brand new 125 Karachi is not a safe place AHL 125 gets snatched quickly. what left after these issue is to remake the old bike i have or get a good GS 150 old model or to Buy a new China 70.... which china 70 has good quality .... i think Yamaha Dhoom looks to be Good in china quality.
    To my knowledge even chondas are not safe there.. have you thought about getting a sprinter/raider? Theyre dead reliable and wont trouble you. I have an extremely good experience with sprinter. As you are in karachi you'll find a lot of helpful ppl for addressing issues in GS, so its not a bad choice either

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@moizladak

1.Powerful
    2.Reliable
    3.Durable
    4.Low maintenance
    5.Economical

you missed to mention comfort. Or perhaps comfort is not on your preferences. NOTE: No other bike (local assembled) comes near to GS-150, in terms of comfort.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pakwheelers.

Please confirm lastest GS 150 assembling issue in karachi. i visited showroom once again they confirmed just by word and showing some quality standard documents that do not worry sir we had issue but now everything is ok. On the other hand some advise not to spend much now do some little work on my current CD 125 and use it for a couple of month new models of Yamaha and Suzuki might be available .. i also heard on the thread that YAMAHA japan is under production of their bike and might release it next year sometime after APRIL 2015. Any Update about it if someone could confirm.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, yamaha is confirmed to make a return in 2015. I would say wait and see

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you ALL for your advice & feedback ,, Curently i am keeping my plan on hold and waiting if i some new updated model may launch for GS 150 also about YAMAHA to launch bike some time in april... Lets see if Yamaha comes up with a good bike in an average price that it would be great.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1.Powerful
    2.Reliable
    3.Durable
    4.Low maintenance
    5.Economical
    For these things GS 150 is best, Don't waste your time in overhauling and modifying old bike.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List