Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Lightbulb Advice needed on Misc Issues related to Bike

Hi fellow members!

I'm new to this forum. I found it really helpful thanks to some really cool active members who provide great answers.

I've got few questions. Hope to get some answers. I am living in Islamabad from an hour.

1. I'm planning to Purchase a bike (70 CC) to commute b/w I8 to G7. I've shortlisted Hero RF 70. Is it good bike in the 40K budget?

2. Its a bit embarrassing but i only know how to ride a bicycle. I dont know about a bike. Should i learn on some other bike or learn on my new bike?

3. I've arranged the finance relatively difficultly. Can someone suggest some low cost security mechanism for Bikes?

4. Will i be needing an LTV License for it?

5. Also need some help on bike registration?

I know i'm asking too much Questions but i dont doubt the Competancy and Supportiveness of the Fellow Pak Wheel Members.

Thanks in Anticipation

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by oceansadvocate View Post
    Hi fellow members!

1. I'm planning to Purchase a bike (70 CC) to commute b/w I8 to G7. I've shortlisted Hero RF 70. Is it good bike in the 40K budget?
    Go for Uniqure UD70 it's a better option although all China's are same but reviews suggest that UD is a bit better. Easily available near Motorcycle Plaza, Murree Road

2. Its a bit embarrassing but i only know how to ride a bicycle. I dont know about a bike. Should i learn on some other bike or learn on my new bike?
    No need, learn on your own bike, riding bicycle means you have some idea about balance, you will learn quicker

3. I've arranged the finance relatively difficultly. Can someone suggest some low cost security mechanism for Bikes?
    Wirelocks on both tyres should be fine if you want to low cost solution

4. Will i be needing an LTV License for it?
    You will need a motorcylce license, if you know how to drive a car than it is better to get Motorcycle/Motorcar one, would be useful later on in case of car

5. Also need some help on bike registration?
    I would suggest get it Rwp registered cuz token is lifetime, i think you have to pay yearly token tax for isld registration (not sure). The dealer from which you will buy will most probably suggest he would get it done for you, obviously it would be expensive as has to earn profit on that too.
    Better to get it done yourself, it looks a bit of hassle but it's not that difficult and you would be saving.

Also i think UD is for 42k and add 2k of reg, so you would need to add further 4k to your 40k budget.
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Purchase your bike and learn on it because if you learn on other person bike and you broke some thing then situation will be different

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Welcome to Pakwheels family.

IMHO, if you don't have any prior experience of bike driving, you should buy a used bike (price around 15-20K) from Circular Road, Rawalpindi. Take a knowledgable friend/mechanic who might help you find a good bike. Learn/follow the traffic rules.

IMPORTANT: Please invest in good quality helmet and gloves for your safety.

Once you are comfortable in bike driving, you will be in a better position to decide if you should continue using the same bike or sell it and buy a brand-new bike.

Good luck with your bike project.
    Just an ordinary guy ... @Mak_pk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    Go for Uniqure UD70 it's a better option although all China's are same but reviews suggest that UD is a bit better. Easily available near Motorcycle Plaza, Murree Road

No need, learn on your own bike, riding bicycle means you have some idea about balance, you will learn quicker

Wirelocks on both tyres should be fine if you want to low cost solution

You will need a motorcylce license, if you know how to drive a car than it is better to get Motorcycle/Motorcar one, would be useful later on in case of car

I would suggest get it Rwp registered cuz token is lifetime, i think you have to pay yearly token tax for isld registration (not sure). The dealer from which you will buy will most probably suggest he would get it done for you, obviously it would be expensive as has to earn profit on that too.
    Better to get it done yourself, it looks a bit of hassle but it's not that difficult and you would be saving.

Also i think UD is for 42k and add 2k of reg, so you would need to add further 4k to your 40k budget.
    Thank You so much brother. You gave very to the point answers.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by makpak View Post
    Welcome to Pakwheels family.

IMHO, if you don't have any prior experience of bike driving, you should buy a used bike (price around 15-20K) from Circular Road, Rawalpindi. Take a knowledgable friend/mechanic who might help you find a good bike. Learn/follow the traffic rules.

IMPORTANT: Please invest in good quality helmet and gloves for your safety.

Once you are comfortable in bike driving, you will be in a better position to decide if you should continue using the same bike or sell it and buy a brand-new bike.

Good luck with your bike project.
    Thank you Sir for the kind words. Really happy to use this amazing platform to learn and explore. Shukran Jazeera!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List