30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default confused ! expert's opinion needed

I drove CD70 for 4 years then switched to CG125 and drove it for a year but didnt find any thing new in that except its crazy acceleration and speed , so i sold it and now planning to buy something different but i was fed up with the fuel economy of CG , as I m a student and my Uni is 18kms far from my house and almost I used to travel 50kms in a day so i want better fuel economy , I have the following options in my mind

1-Ravi piaggio
    2-Honda pridor

I dont want frequent visits to mechanics and need bike with easy maintainence , experts specially @vickytulla please advise me

Ps: i keep bikes with great care and maintainence but mosty I used to open full throttle where it is possible
    here are pics of my bikesconfused ! experts opinion needed -1514289confused ! experts opinion needed -1514290confused ! experts opinion needed -1514291confused ! experts opinion needed -1514295confused ! experts opinion needed -1514289confused ! experts opinion needed -1514290confused ! experts opinion needed -1514291confused ! experts opinion needed -1514295

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Yes i can see ur are pretty confused, as you dnt want to buy CD100/pridor as it supports AHL and in my point of view its more plastic over a small over bored engine.

GD is what you dont like, Junoon is not in manufacturing, as i see you ran out of options here....

second option you listed was a RP-Storm, frankly I will not recommend it for few reasons :

1 - After CG use you will find it underpowered due to more weight and big body
    2 - No spare parts at all, few of our PW-members who bought new model are still waiting for there claims to be furnished from last six months.
    3 - Bad mechanics, one has to rely on CG mechanics, as RP trained mechanics are almost = 0

and this is about lahore I have no idea how worse it can be in other parts of Pakistan.

For you I feel like Better to buy pridor and enjoy AHL Life as i see.
    what a pity on us in Pakistan , we have no options for buying a daily commuter of our choice
    Vicky Bhai , I text u off and on if u remember but my heart is not satisfied with pridor , and I was shocked that u r also not recommending me RP despite of the fact that u have used it for 5 years , i just kept ur experience in mind to keep RP as an option that If an expert like u was satisfied with his RP then it would be a bed of roses for me , Moreover , vicky bhai I dont need crazy acceleration , I just want stable , cool bike with powerful braking
    one thing more , I m gonna buy a used bike whichever it would be
    PS; Thanx for ur cooperation as I m just sticked to u

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan4340 View Post
    Taha i have heard that AHL going to drop prices on their bikes from 8 to 10 thousand. So i would suggest you to wait till January 2015 . And let them launch 150cc too.
    It is a good news if it will be so , yeah I will buy bike in second week of january but I have not decided the bike yet :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pridor and gd110 suit your criteria. There are no perfect bikes, you'll just have to find the one that has the most featuresnyou like

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@taha66 Bro first make up your mind.There is literally no comparision b/w pridor and Piaggio.Piaggio is 125cc while pridor is 97cc

Fuel Economy:

WHen it comes to economy Pridor is the obvious choice with fuel avg or 60KM/L+ at speeds of 50km/hr..No less than 50km/L at speeds over 70km/hr.

Piaggio around 45km/hr max at 60 km/hr cruise.

MPG quotes are for standard factory mixture setting.

Comfort:

Both are comfortable rides in their respective class.Pridor is the most comfy ride in Honda's lineup.

Resale:

Pridor resale aint good.Piaggio enjoys better resale but obviously not on par with CG..

Used pridor/piaggio with low miles is recommended(but finding a clean ride is tricky)

Top and comfortable cruising speed:

Pridor can be stretched till 100km/hr for a slim dude with under 70 KG weight.I maxed out 95km/hr once and i am bulky 88Kg.COmfortable crusing(soundless0 is around 50 and easily bearable at 70..ABove 80 usual engine whines.Max constant cruising speed 85km/hr.

Piaggio

No idea.Owners can explain better.Theoretically it should clock 110 with ease with comfort cruise around 70km/hr.

Quality:

I bought CD-10 in 2012.So far it has clocked 16k kms without any problems.No issues whatsoever.The bike has plastic rear fender/side covers/headlight and every thing else is metal(makes up to 90% metal) so no issues here.Same is the case with every local bike in Pakistan.

It basically depends on how you ride and maintain your bike.If you are good at it then you can easily clock 70k kms in any good quality ride
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    @taha66 Bro first make up your mind.There is literally no comparision b/w pridor and Piaggio.Piaggio is 125cc while pridor is 97cc
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    Pridor and gd110 suit your criteria. There are no perfect bikes, you'll just have to find the one that has the most featuresnyou like
    You got some really soud advices taha..... follow them ...

you wont be able to find GD in used I suppose but I am not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by taha66 View Post
    what a pity on us in Pakistan , .....
    If you are going to buy chinese bike like RP storm then buying a used bike would be a bad idea....

better to stay on the safe side. Pridor suits your criteria.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    You got some really soud advices taha..... follow them ...

you wont be able to find GD in used I suppose but I am not sure...

If you are going to buy chinese bike like RP storm then buying a used bike would be a bad idea....

better to stay on the safe side. Pridor suits your criteria.
    okay vicky bhai pridor e bachta hai mere pas ab :/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay vicky bhai pridor e bachta hai mere pas ab :/
    ok bayta

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default What a pity!

what a pity on us in Pakistan , we have no options for buying a daily commuter of our choice
    Vicky Bhai , I text u off and on if u remember but my heart is not satisfied with pridor , and I was shocked that u r also not recommending me RP despite of the fact that u have used it for 5 years , i just kept ur experience in mind to keep RP as an option that If an expert like u was satisfied with his RP then it would be a bed of roses for me , Moreover , vicky bhai I dont need crazy acceleration , I just want stable , cool bike with powerful braking
    one thing more , I m gonna buy a used bike whichever it would be
    PS; Thanx for ur cooperation as I m just sticked to u
    Couldn't have said it any better!
    Although I don't own a Piaggio (have a GS 150), but I needed some Ravi parts for an overly exuberant project. I used to call Bilal Autos every month. And every month he used to tell me the same story.

"Yaar, yeh saalay parts hi nahi aa rahay. Scrap mai pata karo!"

Hilarious and scary at the same time!

WHAT A PITY!
    We as a nation, have lost our cool!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List