0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post LED projector headlight

So guys, I am sure a lot of you out there have done many headlight mods. And a lot of ready made stuff is available in market. But many will agree that these mods, if not done properly burn off retinas of poor chaps who happen to be in the way.
    So, how to have the perfect light but not be hurled ammi sister comments by everyone on the road?
    A) Get a proper and expensive projector light and do some serious stuff with the headlight.
    B) Use your grey cells and have a cool looking projector light in less than 2k.

I chose option B.
    The following pics describe what I did for my (ultra slow paced mod project) GS150's headlight.

LED projector headlight -1514502
    Got my hands on this projector LED. for PKR1300. Wanted a black version but was delivered the silver one.

LED projector headlight -1514512
    Since I had trouble getting my hands on a desi GS light in Gujranwala, I bought a AHL 100 desi light for PKR450 and painted the reflector matt black.

LED projector headlight -1514514
    As the paint dried, I used a black insulation "solution" tape and covered the bottom 40% of the visor. Note that I covered from the inside to protect the tape from weather. This will act as a Grave's shield that most lights have to chop off upper portion of the light so that oncoming traffic is not blinded.

LED projector headlight -1514529
    Ensured there were no air bubbles trapped by pressing firmly. They look bad.

LED projector headlight -1514531
    Simply screwed in the projector light.

LED projector headlight -1514532
    I accidentally taped the top area in my first attempt. So I had to retape it. The cowl (silver ring) is of the original headlight as the AHL 100 assy and cowl (although of same size) have different positions for screws to connect with each other as compared to GS150's.

LED projector headlight -1514533
    The complete look. The black insulation tape blends with the blacked reflector. Some serious ugly thing of you do not paint it.

LED projector headlight -1514534
    Will try to get pictures in the night to show the complete affect. As you can see in this, the top part of the light is blocked cleanly. This projector light is really bright, so now I can enjoy my ride in the night and keep oncoming traffic happy at the same time.

Hope you guys like this. It was easy to do it. The whole thing took around an hour. It can be done with any bike.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Liked your idea. Can you tell the items required for the fitting in honda Cd 70 ? plus from where i can get the projector light ? any specific head light or ordinary will do it ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post night time pics
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

just a desi headlight. where the visor is not permanently affixed to the reflector.
    you will need to connect to to the battery as the dynamo will burn it off. frequent charging will also be required. the tiny 4.5 A battery is too small IMHO, but the load is definitely lighter than an HID
    Chaudhry Auto Store 17-A Montgomery Road. The guy Fahad was very kind to send me the light without any extra/postal charge since he made me wait two weeks for his new lot to arrive. Get a black body as it will be invisible in ordinary day light.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sorry for the bad result
    The light is much brighter in actual. Bad mobile cam
    As you can see the throw is chopped from the top but lights up enough of the road. Not HID but does the job for me.
    Next addition will be an additional itsy bitsy led inside the light to cover up the emptiness between the spotlight and my bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List