4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Importing a Bike

I was wondering, as we can not import a bike from India, how much would it essentially cost us to import a bike from Thailand or Malaysia? Let's say GS 150R for instance, it originally costs around 100K, I'm not entirely sure but how much in total will I end up paying when it lands in Pakistan?

I've also heard it's cheaper to import a lot, if it is really cheap then can't we do that? I mean I'm sure all of you bike lovers would love to have your hands on these bikes as they are really great in class compared to what we have here so how about we do it? I'd really love to talk to some interested people to see if it's possible.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it will cost you some where 3.5lakh if it really is around 100k(base price in pk rupees).

Quote Originally Posted by Haris.K View Post
    I was wondering, as we can not import a bike from India, how much would it essentially cost us to import a bike from Thailand or Malaysia? Let's say GS 150R for instance, it originally costs around 100K, I'm not entirely sure but how much in total will I end up paying when it lands in Pakistan?

I've also heard it's cheaper to import a lot, if it is really cheap then can't we do that? I mean I'm sure all of you bike lovers would love to have your hands on these bikes as they are really great in class compared to what we have here so how about we do it? I'd really love to talk to some interested people to see if it's possible.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    it will cost you some where 3.5lakh if it really is around 100k(base price in pk rupees).
    Thank you for the response! This price doesn't seems reasonable, as I could have gone for Derbi if I wanted to pay 3 lakhs but now I know it. What do you think it would cost to import a whole lot? I think a lot contains 24 bikes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

base duty / custom is generated on the actual invoice price, lesser the base price lesser the custom.duty it will hold, and if you ship more bikes you have a big say to negotiate with Custom officers and will sure get the tax reduced. but you will never be able to reach low enough to compete local 150cc counter parts they will force to plug you with atleast double price so to promote local manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Haris.K View Post
    Thank you for the response! This price doesn't seems reasonable, as I could have gone for Derbi if I wanted to pay 3 lakhs but now I know it. What do you think it would cost to import a whole lot? I think a lot contains 24 bikes.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List