Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Tyre Pressure Equipment - Help me Purchase One

السلام عیلکم

I have a CG125. I am very conscious about Tyre Pressure because its essential to road grip. Since i travel alone on my bike, mostly ... i keep my rear tyre at 30psi. That comes with a price. I can't do pillion riding, and for that i always have to increase the tyre pressure upto 45-50psi.

Due to this, i have to frequently visit the Tyre Shop, just to check the pressure with the psi Gauge. So i am thinking of buying one for myself.

Please help me buy:
    1. PSI Gauge
    2. Air Filler Pump

I'd be grateful if anyone of you could let me know about the KIND of gauge i should buy, along with the location and the expected price.

Thanks

Riders on the storm ... literally.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hokay. So he refused to return it. Instead, he opted to re-check it by comparing it with a few other gauges in his shop, and very surprisingly, the difference came out to be only 5-10psi at best

It could be because he checked it on a Rickshaw Tire which very hire pressure (nearly 70-80psi).

So i guess i am stuck with it. Will have to check the pressure next time with the note that its nearly 10psi less OR, will have to ask someone living in the states to get a decent one for me.

Oh well ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Hokay. So he refused to return it. Instead, he opted to re-check it by comparing it with a few other gauges in his shop, and very surprisingly, the difference came out to be only 5-10psi at best

It could be because he checked it on a Rickshaw Tire which very hire pressure (nearly 70-80psi).

So i guess i am stuck with it. Will have to check the pressure next time with the note that its nearly 10psi less OR, will have to ask someone living in the states to get a decent one for me.

Oh well ...
    5-10 psi difference is not small, at least it should be enough to consider it faulty
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh well ...
    Why dont you hire a lawer and go to consumet court

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Since you seem to be stuck with it, I would repeat:
    Quote Originally Posted by asad01 View Post
    ... Whichever gauge you buy, do a comparison test. Go to a good car workshop with professional pressure gauge (usually digital) and check for different tyre pressures. You have to check for at least three(or six) different pressure settings:
    1- Front tyre pressure cold (and warm);
    2- Rear tyre pressure cold (and warm) single;
    3- Rear tyre pressure cold (and warm) with pillion rider.
    For any acceptable gauge the difference should be uniform.
    For rear tyre inflate for pillion rider pressure according to the shop's gauge and then check with your gauge. Then reduce pressure for single riding and check with both gauges again. Repeat for front tyre. Then check the difference in each set of readings, if it is uniform then just remember to add the difference to the reading and you should be OK.
    Asad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@asad01 ! You sir, are awesome. Thanks for coming back to the thread.

The thing is, i have already tested it with like 10-11 shops' psi gauges, and i have noticed that it shows almost correct pressure with a high-pressure tyre, like a Car's Tyre. Its also shows pretty much same reading (with average minimal difference of 5psi) when compared with a Car-wala's gague (that huge dial thing, usually on petrol pumps).

The primary reason why he refused to change it, was because the gauge itself was showing accurate pressure. But with a bike's tyre, the difference is just ... well, weired. I say weired because when i go to bike shops (the small local ones), their gauges almost always show a very high amount of pressure (which i consider correct as you can tell by feeling the tyre or its performance/grip on the road), as compared to mine.

So yeah, as i am stuck with it. I have made a note of 10-12psi (i couldn't pinpoint the exact difference because of too much variations), when i check my (or any other) bike's tyre pressure (both cold or warm). I am obviously not at all 'Happy' with this purchase, and would consider this Rs.650 a waste of my money. But its still better than nothing.

I'll see if i can find a friend or someone who could bring me a better quality one from abroad.

P.S. I am unable to find a link to a similar device you have. Could you show me more details on it? A webpage maybe?

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rs.2500 for this?

I found similar stuff in market for less than Rs.500.

Not looking for a Plastic POS. One of the reasons why i have bought one with Metal Nozzle is because of reliability of the nozzle. Plastic one under use won't last more than 4-5 months. Also, i am reasonably certain that i can get a much better deal from the US, but that obviously won't be very quick.

But lets see.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

... P.S. I am unable to find a link to a similar device you have. Could you show me more details on it? A webpage maybe?
    Here is one:
    Acme Tools Universal Bicycle Tire Pressure Gauge - Solid Brass - Made in USA | eBay

and another:
    Acme Tools Universal Tire Gauge Calibrated from 10 to 40 Lbs | eBay
    Asad

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Apologies. I thought it was you who posted that Michelin's gauge. It was @hash4u. I was hoping to get more info on that.

Btw, the one you have posted, was also available in that shop. I couldn't ask for a price.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List