Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By vickytulla

Thread: Aftermarket EFI systems

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    drsaqibshams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Aftermarket EFI systems

    Anyone here has any experience of aftermarket EFI systems?

    I just stumbled upon this website. It seems interesting, so I thought you guys might like to read it:
    Small Engine Fuel Injection Kit - Small Engine EFI conversion kit

    Aftermarket EFI systems -1587042

    This fuel injection conversion kit can be used to convert many single cylinder carbureted smalll engines in the range of 35cc to 300cc range. We have 28mm and 34mm throttle bodies to cover the range. In many cases, this EFI kit can be bolted on your engine and start your engine after the installation. Sometime you may need to do some mechanical modifications to fit the throttle body, or the fuel return line. The good thing is that the kit has all the parts to convert a carburetor engine and saves you efforts to source all individual parts. Further more, this kit can do some self-tuing by running close-loop fueling with an O2 sensor. Our ECU has sophisticated self-learning software which can automatically tune itself to run in stoicometric AFR (14.7) in variant operating conditions.

    This kit previously is called "PNP" kit. But because different people have different understanding of "PNP". We now removed the "PNP" in the title. As much as we try to make this kit as a bolt-on kit for some popular small engines, like GY6 engines (50cc to 200cc), and 150cc monkey bikes, this kit requires some efforts to be installed correctly. PNP may not apply to every engine, simply because of so many different engines out there. PNP may only apply to certain GY6 engines, or 150cc monkey-bike engines. If you have modified your engine a lot (w/ major customer parts), it may not be applicable as PNP. In many cases, the user will need to do some basic tuning after correct installations. Please contact us to confirm whether this kit can be PNP to your engine.

    This EFI kit has below features:
    ? Electronic fuel injection (EFI)
    ? ECU controlled ignition system (CDI or inductive coil)
    ? Close-loop controls with an O2 sensor
    ? Dual fuel maps selectable by a manual switch (Performance Switch: ECO vs. RICH Mode)
    ? High fuel efficiency and low carbon emissions
    ? Decel-fuel-cut-off
    ? On board self-diagnosis with a MIL lamp
    ? Performance tuning for advanced users
    ? On-the-fly calibration
    Parts:
    1.ECU
    2.Harness (including the connectors)
    3.Throttle Body Assembly
    ? 28mm Throttle body / flange or clamp mounting (TPS sensor)
    ? or 34mm Throttle body (with IAC motor, and TPS sensor)
    ? Fuel injector (38/60/80/128/190g/248g/min)
    4.Fuel pump assembly
    ? Fuel pump (compact size:38mm diameter) (comparative low power: 2A current) (Flow rate: 25L/h)
    ? Fuel pressure regulator(3bar)
    ? Fuel filter
    ? fuel hoses and clamps
    5.MAP sensor (1.05bar)
    6.Engine temperature sensor
    7.Intake air temperature sensor
    8.CDI - for ECU controlled spark advance (included, for both fuel and spark controls, fully programmable)
    9.Oxygen sensor and bungs (included, to have close-loop fuel and self-tuning features)
    10.Serial communication cable (to a computer)
    11.USB adaptor (included, USB connectivity, and no more RS232 port needed)
    12.CD - free tuning software (also downloadable)
    Categories:
    ? EFI Kit for 50cc to 110cc 1-cylinder engine (28mm throttle body)
    ? EFI Kit for 125cc to 200cc 1-cylinder engine (28mm throttle body)
    ? EFI Kit for 200cc to 300cc 1-cylinder engine (34mm throttle body)

    This kit does NOT require tuning for some popular small engines, like GY6 125cc, GY6 150cc engines or 150cc monkey bikes. All the user needs to do is to install it CORRECTLY (following the installation manual). For other engines which are kind of DIY projects, tuning will be needed.


    Here's a video of a guy installing this system on his Kawasaki Ninja 250:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYsP2JYXbGs

    It's a great idea, I think. But it sure is pricey (400-500$).

    || Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/saqibshams/ || Instagram: ssshams ||

  2. #2
    PakWheeler Follow
    drsaqibshams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    A quick search over the internet reveals that Chinese copies of such systems are available here in China for as low as 15,000 Pkr (not including shipment to Pakistan).
    || Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/saqibshams/ || Instagram: ssshams ||

  3. #3
    PakWheeler Follow
    drsaqibshams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @vickytulla @abobobilly @malikg115 & other senior members / gurus:

    I'd love to hear your opinion on usage of such mods.
    || Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/saqibshams/ || Instagram: ssshams ||

  4. #4
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,421
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Two things...

    The Chinese version which you indicate is as low as 15k, will it be relieable enough to work as long as carbs work... I mean for carbs life is like 10years or more even chinese carbs last half a decade very very easily... and carbs are dirt cheap...

    If these EFIs can last long and really do put some efficiency in feul consumption then its a brilliant idea, but according to some online forums these very small cc bikes do not make any significant effieicany b/w carb and EFI...

    Secondly A guy in lahore bought an EFI of some dead Sports bike from scrap market and fitted it in Sazgar rickshaw and his total expeses were around 5~6k I roughly remember... and according to him the Rickshaw did 40KM/liter after conversion where as normally it does only 25km/liter

    he was apointed in Sazgar by the way when he showcased the idea to them.


    Please share the links where u saw 15 for EFI... we can read reviews and details to see if we can find some feed back about there quality...

    Quote Originally Posted by drsaqibshams View Post
    A quick search over the internet reveals that Chinese copies of such systems are available here in China for as low as 15,000 Pkr (not including shipment to Pakistan).
    Quote Originally Posted by drsaqibshams View Post
    @vickytulla @abobobilly @malikg115 & other senior members / gurus:

    I'd love to hear your opinion on usage of such mods.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

  5. #5
    PakWheeler Follow
    drsaqibshams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    32
    Posts
    62
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @vickytulla:
    Here's the link:
    M9??????????????FAI?????????????100-250????????????-?????

    The website is in Chinese but you can try to open it using Google Chrome and it should translate the page by default.

    I spoke to the brain behind this Chinese version. This was developed by a Professor in Tianjin University as a commercial product and according to him; it's Euro III compliant. And it will cut emissions and increase fuel economy compared to carburetors.

    Having no experience or understanding of either of these systems, I'd compare them like this, a Chinese carb would last atleast 5 years (according to yourself) and this Chinese EFI... we don't know for sure. So, let's just assume for a moment that it's not really a good quality product, say it would last no more than 2 years; I still think it should be commercially viable esp. if the Sazgar example you've quoted is true - extra 15km to the liter is a lot. Let's extrapolate the numbers to understand what they mean, if a person drives the Sazgar rickshaw for 10,000kms in a year, he pays for 400 Ltrs (at 25kms/ltr mileage) of fuel costing him 30,000Pkr (Assuming Fuel costs: 75/ltr). Now upon installation of EFI system, if he was able to get 40 Kms/ltr this would mean he requires 250 Ltrs of fuel costing him 18,750 Pkr. That's a difference of over 21K in one year alone. If the product lasts for two years; we're looking at almost 45,000Pkr. That's roughly about the price of the original product by Ecotrons. So basically, in one year, in terms of returns this EFI has saved more money than initially invested proving that it should be feasible to change this system every year (if required) and still spare some change while protecting the environment. It also means that in two years, a person would be able to save enough to upgrade to the original product. haha.

    On a more serious note, I don't think the product could be a low grade one. Because it has been properly developed in the labs of Tianjin University and then industrialized in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province. Let's not mistake this for one of those backyard made/cottage industry products that are infamous for their ability to last no more than a day.

    You've made a very interesting point about minute increases in mileage for smaller engines, I have no idea and I would love to find out. There are just too many assumptions in our hypothesis above. But I guess there is no other way to find out than giving it a try... ?! *fingers crossed*

    Please correct me if I'm wrong here, Sazgar has a 250cc engine, yes? If we assume that a smaller 150cc engine would offer less of an improvement, how much of a difference would you say there would be? I think if there's an improvement of an additional 10Km/ltr, this should become an interesting proposition. I'm beginning to like this idea.
    || Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/saqibshams/ || Instagram: ssshams ||

  6. #6
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    vickytulla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    8,421
    Follows
    38
    Following
    2
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Dr. Sb this link is not opening in cell phone... i will open and explore it, as u r saying that 10km increase per liter i would say even a 5geniune km/ltr would be enough to consider giveeen that price is around 10k for the conversion kit..


    Quote Originally Posted by drsaqibshams View Post
    @vickytulla:
    Here's the link:
    M9??????????????FAI?????????????100-250????????????-?????

    The website is in Chinese but you can try to open it using Google Chrome and it should translate the page by default.

    I spoke to the brain behind this Chinese version. This was developed by a Professor in Tianjin University as a commercial product and according to him; it's Euro III compliant. And it will cut emissions and increase fuel economy compared to carburetors.

    Having no experience or understanding of either of these systems, I'd compare them like this, a Chinese carb would last atleast 5 years (according to yourself) and this Chinese EFI... we don't know for sure. So, let's just assume for a moment that it's not really a good quality product, say it would last no more than 2 years; I still think it should be commercially viable esp. if the Sazgar example you've quoted is true - extra 15km to the liter is a lot. Let's extrapolate the numbers to understand what they mean, if a person drives the Sazgar rickshaw for 10,000kms in a year, he pays for 400 Ltrs (at 25kms/ltr mileage) of fuel costing him 30,000Pkr (Assuming Fuel costs: 75/ltr). Now upon installation of EFI system, if he was able to get 40 Kms/ltr this would mean he requires 250 Ltrs of fuel costing him 18,750 Pkr. That's a difference of over 21K in one year alone. If the product lasts for two years; we're looking at almost 45,000Pkr. That's roughly about the price of the original product by Ecotrons. So basically, in one year, in terms of returns this EFI has saved more money than initially invested proving that it should be feasible to change this system every year (if required) and still spare some change while protecting the environment. It also means that in two years, a person would be able to save enough to upgrade to the original product. haha.

    On a more serious note, I don't think the product could be a low grade one. Because it has been properly developed in the labs of Tianjin University and then industrialized in Hangzhou, Zhejiang province. Let's not mistake this for one of those backyard made/cottage industry products that are infamous for their ability to last no more than a day.

    You've made a very interesting point about minute increases in mileage for smaller engines, I have no idea and I would love to find out. There are just too many assumptions in our hypothesis above. But I guess there is no other way to find out than giving it a try... ?! *fingers crossed*

    Please correct me if I'm wrong here, Sazgar has a 250cc engine, yes? If we assume that a smaller 150cc engine would offer less of an improvement, how much of a difference would you say there would be? I think if there's an improvement of an additional 10Km/ltr, this should become an interesting proposition. I'm beginning to like this idea.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •