Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Camshaft CG125 (Cam Garrari etc)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Camshaft CG125 (Cam Garrari etc)

Salam to all PW Members,

As per title, its a question for experts to elaborate the following please:

1. What is CAM Shaft (CAM Garrari) in Honda CG 125?

2. What are the symptoms and reasons of its malfunctioning?

3. What are negative impacts of its malfunctioning on overall engine?

4. How it can be replaced and which place/mechanic is best in Rawalpindi?

5. From where it can be purchased and what is the total expense? (Labour & Parts)

6. Which quality is best; AHL or other any other brand?

I shall be grateful if pics of this part (pcs it consists) are posted so that it can be identified at the time of purchase.

Thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1)cam gear lifts push rod in order to open/close valve

2)ghoon ghoon sound from cylinder right side is usually sign of bad cam gear

3)bad performance

4)head is removed along with pushrod to change cam gear

5)don't know

6)again don't know

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Navqam View Post
    Salam to all PW Members,

As per title, its a question for experts to elaborate the following please:

1. What is CAM Shaft (CAM Garrari) in Honda CG 125?

It's basically the main gerrari or the driving force connected from above by pushrods and below by cam followers

2. What are the symptoms and reasons of its malfunctioning?

Excessive sound from left side. Goon goon sound

3. What are negative impacts of its malfunctioning on overall engine?

Obviously over the time with wear and tear it is bound to replaced eventually.

4. How it can be replaced and which place/mechanic is best in Rawalpindi?

Head and cylinder would need to removed and magnet would need to be opened to release cam gear shaft.

As far as mechanic is concerned i would recommend Anmol Honda Center 5S, Adyala road 5S dealership

5. From where it can be purchased and what is the total expense? (Labour & Parts)

Muhammadi Autos, Committee chowk.

6. Which quality is best; AHL or other any other brand?

If you intend to keep the bike for long i would recommend Genuine AHL otherwise ISH. Member @abobobilly has installed ISH ones and it is working fine. (pics attached)

ISH one price:
    Cam gear = Rs680 Cam followers = Rs400 Cam Shaft = Rs180

No idea about AHL but obviously it would be expensive

I would recommend changing cam followers and cam shaft along
    with cam gear to avoid unnecessary opening again.

I shall be grateful if pics of this part (pcs it consists) are posted so that it can be identified at the time of purchase.

Thanks in advance.

I have answered your queries in the quote above, rest pics will help you to understand better.

CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593020CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593021CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593022

****ISH SET********

CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593030CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593029CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593028CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593027CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593026CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593025CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593024CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593023CAM SHAFT CG 125 CAM GARRARI etc -1593031
    If you ride like there's no tomorrow, there won't be.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you so very much my dear chaudhary007 bhai for elaborating everything in such a wonderful way. Jazak Allah Khair. Can you please tell the name of 'Ustad' at the workshop you have quoted on Adayala Road. Do you know him? and what is your personal experience? if it is a 5S facility, they must have AHL parts with them also. I need to have a thorough check up of my CG 125 Deluxe 2007 (39000 Kms on ODO).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool

Thank you so very much my dear chaudhary007 bhai for elaborating everything in such a wonderful way. Jazak Allah Khair. Can you please tell the name of 'Ustad' at the workshop you have quoted on Adayala Road. Do you know him? and what is your personal experience? if it is a 5S facility, they must have AHL parts with them also. I need to have a thorough check up of my CG 125 Deluxe 2007 (39000 Kms on ODO).
    The name of the ustad is "Arshad". Yes i know him and my personal experience with him is excellent.
    Tell him that you have been referred to him by me (the CG125 whose carb was replaced due to popping sound from exhaust and before that i had head work done as well).

Yes they have all AHL parts and if you want to buy from them for double the price be my guest. Otherwise whole sale rate is of Muhammadi Autos.

Advices
    1) Tell Arshad ustad to do all the work himself don't let others do it, that doesn't mean that the rest are not good, it's just that he's a pro

2) While buying from Muhammadi autos they will present you with there types china, AHL and Japani. Only go for AHL in complete AHL packing, i don't trust the other two.

3) Once you tell them about parts and they start bringing them from the back (might take eternity), inspect each parts by taking it out of the packing, if you find any marks or any deformity tell them "no matter how big your shop is i want another piece" just joking just tell them to bring another piece.

4) Get all the big stuff from Muhammadi, and when bike will be opened you can get the small stuff from Anmol as and when required.

Here's a map to help you find them in case you decide to visit them.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ho...43f8d94601c3a4

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Chaudhary007 View Post
    The name of the ustad is "Arshad". Yes i know him and my personal experience with him is excellent.
    Tell him that you have been referred to him by me (the CG125 whose carb was replaced due to popping sound from exhaust and before that i had head work done as well).

Yes they have all AHL parts and if you want to buy from them for double the price be my guest. Otherwise whole sale rate is of Muhammadi Autos.

Advices
    1) Tell Arshad ustad to do all the work himself don't let others do it, that doesn't mean that the rest are not good, it's just that he's a pro

2) While buying from Muhammadi autos they will present you with there types china, AHL and Japani. Only go for AHL in complete AHL packing, i don't trust the other two.

3) Once you tell them about parts and they start bringing them from the back (might take eternity), inspect each parts by taking it out of the packing, if you find any marks or any deformity tell them "no matter how big your shop is i want another piece" just joking just tell them to bring another piece.

4) Get all the big stuff from Muhammadi, and when bike will be opened you can get the small stuff from Anmol as and when required.

Here's a map to help you find them in case you decide to visit them.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Honda+5s+Dealer+%2F+Service+Center/@33.5545468,73.0640089,14z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0000000000000000x0143f8d94601c3a4

Chaudhary bhai, you are so helpful, GR8...Jazak Allah Khair.

What do you say if i first get the bike checked by Arshad Ustad and procure the parts afterwards, with the advise of Ustad?
    I have no idea about 'genuity' of parts and also about packing & quantity: pls advise

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Chaudhary bhai, you are so helpful, GR8...Jazak Allah Khair.

What do you say if i first get the bike checked by Arshad Ustad and procure the parts afterwards, with the advise of Ustad?
    I have no idea about 'genuity' of parts and also about packing & quantity: pls advise
    What are the symptoms you are experiencing that you have decided to get the cam changed ? Is it the sound ? Anyother problem ?

It's 2007 model that means definitely it's head work has been done once right ? What were the things changed/replaced during that head work ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's 2007 model that means definitely it's head work has been done once right ? What were the things changed/replaced during that head work ?
    I think most of the people don't remember the work done in past, best advice for OP is to get the bike checked from mechanic and then visit Muhammadi Autos and try to purchase major parts from there. Afterwards, minor items can be purchased from nearby available shops.
    Regards,
    Kashif Rafiq

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kashifrafiq View Post
    I think most of the people don't remember the work done in past, best advice for OP is to get the bike checked from mechanic and then visit Muhammadi Autos and try to purchase major parts from there. Afterwards, minor items can be purchased from nearby available shops.
    Nobody checks the bike like this and nobody no matter how experienced he is can tell you what's wrong inside the engine.
    They will all say "Kholnay sa pta chalta hai". Suppose bike is giving smoke nobody will be able to tell whether it's only the rings or new piston is needed or further the valves may also need grinding. It will only be clear when it's opened.

So one should try to diagnose the problems himself. And i am not asking how many times has he gotten it tuned, i am talking about major work head opened, crank open etc, so that we can make an accurate diagnosis.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What are the symptoms you are experiencing that you have decided to get the cam changed ? Is it the sound ? Anyother problem ?

Its never been opened my dear bro, its all genuine and i am facing a bit ghoon ghoon sound at left side, above all I am getting too much "Rattling Sound" of tappets; sometimes it feels like tappets are free inside (khul gaye hain), many times adjusted in cold state and warm ; both. I take very good care of my bike; oil is changed after every 1000 kms by myself at home with good quality 20W50 (used to pour HAVOLINE), but somebody told me it is not original, so i have switched to KIXX 20W50 for the first time (450 kms done so far). Please advise good oil also.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Its never been opened my dear bro, its all genuine and i am facing a bit ghoon ghoon sound at left side, above all I am getting too much "Rattling Sound" of tappets; sometimes it feels like tappets are free inside (khul gaye hain), many times adjusted in cold state and warm ; both. I take very good care of my bike; oil is changed after every 1000 kms by myself at home with good quality 20W50 (used to pour HAVOLINE), but somebody told me it is not original, so i have switched to KIXX 20W50 for the first time (450 kms done so far). Please advise good oil also.
    Hmm........excessive loose tappets means the following things need to be checked

Only tappet cover needs to be removed
    1) Rocket plate/Rocker Arms
    2) Push rods (most probably worn out)

Head needs to be disassembled
    3) Cam Gear/Shaft/Followers
    4) Both valves including Valve Seals and Valve guides

You change your oil yourself, is it reducing oil ? Carbon deposits in the exhaust ? oil coming all the way to sparkplug sometimes ? Smoke ?

If not than probably your ring piston are fine and when you will get the head work done only carbon deposits on them and inside the cylinder would need to be removed, otherwise replacement.

I would advise that show the bike to Arshad Ustad and tell him about these symptoms, don't let him open the head, maybe the problem can be solved from above, if he insists than ask him what are the parts which can cause these symptoms and possibly need replacement. Buy parts from Muhammadi and get the work done.

Kixx and LiquiMoly are good oils.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Chaudhary Bhai, once again thanks for a detailed reply.

Bike is not reducing oil, no smoke, plug is always red/brownish, no carbon deposits in the exhaust. Compression seems fine (as the sound is still intact) fuel average is around 48 kms/ltr. As per your advice, i will visit Arshad Ustad and let him diagnose the problem all by himself.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Guys need help! That ghoon ghoon sound coming from left side of my road prince RP70 's engine! Can anyone plz tell me whats the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adil.0001 View Post
    Guys need help! That ghoon ghoon sound coming from left side of my road prince RP70 's engine! Can anyone plz tell me whats the issue?

As I have told you before its weight bearing noise.......or it can be the gear box noise,if I am right when you press clutch noise stops hmm??
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan1991 View Post
    As I have told you before its weight bearing noise.......or it can be the gear box noise,if I am right when you press clutch noise stops hmm??
    No it cant stop! But i never hear that type of noise in any other 70!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No it cant stop! But i never hear that type of noise in any other 70!

It ghoom ghoom noise or tik tik tik type sound
    One more thing does noise only come while driving

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dry type Sounds! like "shoooon" "shooon" just like a machinery runing without oil..And it comes everytime

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine Oil is perfect and thick

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine Oil is perfect and thick

Then there will be two possibilities
    First one the noise of timing chain but timing change noise changes like sometime it shoon shoon next time its tik tik tik sound changes when you accelerate or de accelerated.
    The second one weight bearing noise but the noise of weight bearing was loud,noise increases when you accelerate but doesn't change.
    But still I can't be sure without hearing the noise.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan1991 View Post
    Then there will be two possibilities
    First one the noise of timing chain but timing change noise changes like sometime it shoon shoon next time its tik tik tik sound changes when you accelerate or de accelerated.
    The second one weight bearing noise but the noise of weight bearing was loud,noise increases when you accelerate but doesn't change.
    But still I can't be sure without hearing the noise.
    I think its a weight bearing noise! It increases when i accelerate hard! But now tell me how to stop that noise? And it can harm the engine or not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

User Tag List