Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me out in buying the right bike.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help me out in buying the right bike.

I want your opinion as people here seems to be most aware about Pakistani bikes.
    I had both good and bad experience with honda. I also have DYL Dhoom working fine.I have been planning to buy a new bike for months now.

I was waiting for YBR 125 and was impressed by it. Suzuki GD 110 also looks good and people are saying that this is a imported bike.
    But after going through threads here I came to know that both these bikes are having issues.GD 110 does not have much buyers in market also Suzuki holds a bad reputation in bike market. And YBR 125 are coming back for resale in market also people complaining about missing issue and fuel average. learning this I became confused and turned to Honda again but I didn't want to buy the same old bike again. Only new thing at honda is CD dream which is actually not new but just mixture of CD70 and pridor.

I become very disappointed as people are saying that bikes like ybr125 and gd100 are too expensive and there is always a fear of snatching. Plus these bikes have issues as well. Now I have decided to finish this chapter and buy any thing this week.

I am here for your opinion. Suggest me the best bike according to your experience. My requirements are below.

1) I am a heavy user of bike means that I use bike a lot.
    2) Not only me but my brothers use my bike quite few times.
    3) For us reselling is not an option. Means when we buy something we use it until it is dead. So I am looking for a durable and long lasting bike.
    4) I am also looking for stylish bike. Not same old styled bikes at Honda.
    5) I am not a brand concession person and can buy bike of any brand included Chinese provided if the upper requirements are fulfilled.
    6) Maximum engine capacity is 150cc and limit on minimum.
    7) I would like features like self start,disk break etc but these are not necessary.

So in short suggest me a long lasting, durable, heavy duty, low mileage, good quality stylish bike available in Pakistan in range of 135K. Bikes which I have Considered are, YBR125, GD110, GD110s, CD Dream, CG Dream, Honda wave 110(N/A in Pakistan), Union star chopper styled bike(unknown), Super star deulx 70cc with self start etc.

Kindly Help me out.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would suggest you to go for Pridor 100cc, as it has sporty look, good fuel average and a quite and calm nature.
    I myself using Ravi Piaggio, it has self start, disc brake sporty look and some features which are not even in YBR like engine kill switch, sporty tank lid, sporty footrests with folding option , adjustable foot pegs, dipper etc. Moreover it has fuel and gear indicator too.
    I m not recommending u this bike due to spare parts availability issue but these are not the things which are used often.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Honda cg 125 deluxe

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As mentioned above. deluxe is the best option. a very reliable machine
    people need to grow up sometimes and act MATURE !

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

agreed as per my knowledge YBR owners are facing lots of issues of missing, spare parts unavialblity and expensive spare parts... my suggestion is for Suzuki Raider. It looks good and reliable machine...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there are options available for you and you have told about your needs nicely but still we can't
    guess what actually seriously you want from bike what i have understood after reading your post

your major preference is stylish bike not the traditional looking bike so in this these are options
    for you in atlas honda bikes cd dream & cg dream & pridor i don't include deluxe here this bike
    is very expensive with no features

if you don't want any hassle of parts availability then honda bikes are right for you if you can manage
    expensive parts than you have other options don't underestimate yamaha ybr its an excellent bike yeah
    those issues have been found in some ybr but its resolvable issue soon those issues will be resolved and
    what heard from users it seems issue of just settings not anything serious to worry about

the other things that Yamaha is offering in price honda no way near to it 129k you get bike with full sport
    look latest engine & features like electric start atlas honda deluxe 124k is waste of money

In Suzuki i would not recommend GS its the bike with most issues and quality is not good
    GD110S is sporty style bike with good features but when you can get 125cc with some difference than it
    does not seems an good option and that bike too of brand Yamaha so better spent few more rupees and buy ybr

To me the best option seems for you in 125cc category CG Dream and in 100cc Pridor looking at your concerns

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@amjad635 Thank you all for your time and effort.

Well basically I am looking for a long lasting bike.Because I know that I will be using it for next to 10 to 15 years. Now I am ready to pay money above 100K. For that amount I think I must get a stylish economical bike. The requirements i explained in my 1st post are those which every body wants in their bike for that amount of money.

My basic problem is unaware salesmen and hatora mechanics. You go to one he says YBR is kachra the other one say Suzuki is kachra and the third will say Honda quality is degrading. Salesmen at akber road karachi on the other hands know nothing about what they are selling and of what quality it is?

My Experience:

1) I used Honda CD70 (2000 model) was working fine untill recently but died because of my negligence.needs engine rebuilt.
    2) I also had Honda CD70 (2010 model) poor quality sold it very bad experience.
    3) I have DYL dhoom 70 (2010 model) working fine satisfied with it.

My Observations:

YBR-125 is a good looking bike with nice features and I think is reasonable under 130K. But Yamaha has poor pathetic showroom/dealer network people selling it know nothing about this bike. I personally think that YBR-125 dealer are selling it by looks only.Also I have observed that a lot of YBRs are coming back for resale may be it is because of change in transmission and users are comfortable with it. Also there are lot of issue being discussed about it this bike at pakwheels.

On the other hand Honda has a good dealer network and better understanding of their product. But this is an established fact that Honda quality is degrading day by day I have personally experience this and worst part is that they are not lowering their price as per quality. I wish that Honda launches a new bike different from previous one altogether. A lot of people wish that.

I will buy something maybe this saturday. And so far I have got 2 suggestions for pridor and 2 for deluxe. amjad bahi also suggested CG dream.Well lets see.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i guess you would not be comfortable with ybr so better go for honda bike any you like

10-15 years is long period 5 year is no problem they will take out easily
    obviously can do more if driven carefully and maintained well and yeah driven less too
    PW fellow Racer kept pridor for more than 2.5 years and driven 36k km he just had to replace
    sprockets & leathers in this all period so atlas honda is producing good quality motorcycles
    mechanics and many people complaining about quality is Hoax

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List