Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bike give white smoke, suggestion requiredd

Dear Friends,

Today i have noticed my dhoom 70 give white smoke on starting for 2 to 3 minutes, But in running its normal
    i want you guys plz help me & suggest me what to do with this issue

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First thing first, Brother I'm no expert at engines, but I do have quite a bit of knowledge about them. So basically, don't count on my advise and seek second opinion before proceeding further! Anyhow, without further ado:
    1. If the engine emits THICK BLACK smoke, like a 2-Stroke Engine then it means there's possibly an oil seal leakage. In this case, you'll witness transmission oil loss and must have to top it up if it's below the recommended mark on the dip stick. Its best if you get it fixed by putting new seals ASAP as otherwise oil will 'gunk-up' the cylinder and piston which will be a pain to clean-up! And might even seize the engine in the long run.

2. If its WHITE SMOKE like 'Steam' then what you're seeing is the un-burnt fuel (petrol/gasoline). This means that your cylinder head is being fed by more petrol than it needs. Hence, its wasting the extra 'charge' via the exhaust pipe. In that case, get your carburretor inspected by a competent mechanic... Also inspect the fuel tank, pet-**** and the pipe feeding the carb for any possible leakage...
    Hope it helps.
    Good Luck, brother.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^absolutely wrong Black smoke indicates excessive fuel (incomplete combustion) which means bike runing on rich mixture and white smoke means oil burning in the combustion chamber. Most likely causes:

1) "Blow by" due to faulty or warn out piston rings.
    2) Fouled head gasket which allows oil to be sucked into combustion chamber on

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think oil burn BLACK because of the lubricant additives. Wheres, petrol doesn't have any of this hence it burns WHITE... But since I'm no expert, I could be wrong...

Anyhow, there's another way: You can practically SMELL the exhaust while the engine is running... Its not a healthy practice but at least it will tell you exactly what's wrong with the engine...
    So, it the smoke smells like petrol, then the carburetor is over flowing... If it smells like a 2-Stroke Rickshaw (LOL!) then you'll have to change the head gasket...

Alternatively, you can take-out the spark plug, and if its 'terminal' (the tip that goes in the cylinder) is EXTREMELY BLACK then its usually associate with head gasket leakage or a worn piston ring... And if the tip is clean then its probably the carburetor problem...

Hope it helps,

Regards,
    Mr. Nine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    I think oil burn BLACK because of the lubricant additives. Wheres, petrol doesn't have any of this hence it burns WHITE... But since I'm no expert, I could be wrong...

Anyhow, there's another way: You can practically SMELL the exhaust while the engine is running... Its not a healthy practice but at least it will tell you exactly what's wrong with the engine...
    So, it the smoke smells like petrol, then the carburetor is over flowing... If it smells like a 2-Stroke Rickshaw (LOL!) then you'll have to change the head gasket...

Alternatively, you can take-out the spark plug, and if its 'terminal' (the tip that goes in the cylinder) is EXTREMELY BLACK then its usually associate with head gasket leakage or a worn piston ring... And if the tip is clean then its probably the carburetor problem...

Hope it helps,

Regards,
    Mr. Nine.
    black smoke is due to unburned fuel and white smoke is due to oil burning.. u can search at google..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List