Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 2-Stroke world, kindly guide me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2-Stroke world, kindly guide me.

Dear PWs,

I am developing an interest of having a 2-stroke i.e. GTO 125 these days. Intentions is to keep GTO as Shokia, running will be only on weekends.

I never had experience with 2 strokes before and at zero knowledge in this domain.

As a good practice and proceeding risk free, I have been doing research and collecting actual experiences from the riders and the mechanics.

Currently I am little worried for the following issues which I have come to know, not sure if they are true indeed.

1. 30 - 35 kms in city, "straight running/no stops": Will it be a happy ride considering a fine tuned maintained GTO 125?

2. Does GTO 125 vibrates too much on speeds 80+... I have also heard that it vibrates and piston awaz kerta hai is speed per...is it really true?

3. One should not lock the throttle like we normally do with 4-strokes...like for example rider maintains speed of 70 - 80km/h for 5 mins then he has to release the accelerator...is it necessary or otherwise spark plug will get the carbon.

I know GTO spares are expensive and 2 strokes need extra care and timely maintenance so this is already cleared up in my mind.

Would like to tag few gurus here I know on PWs,
    @Xulfiqar, @vickytulla, @junaidakhtar01, @basic, @hidalgo

Thanks in advanced.

Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Not sure k app happy ho ya tung achukay ho 2 strokes say

Quote Originally Posted by zeshanaslam View Post
    @Xulfiqar what is ideal mixture ratio of oil in fuel, if oil pump is not working. Also what brand of 2T oil do you recommend?

@
    abdulrehmanrauf brother, i have also a GTO 110 and Suzuki 110, and it is also my first experience to have a 2 stroke. Believe me agar aap is 2-Stroke bike ko 1-2 sal rakho *** to aap aadhay se ziyada mechanic ban jao ***. Let's share our experience as we both are newbie to 2-Stroke.
    Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    Not sure k app happy ho ya tung achukay ho 2 strokes say
    I am happy, as i already mentioned, 2 Stroke has a lot more fun, and much stuff to learn than 4 stroke. I also used my ride on weekends only.

My disc brake get stuck when it brake hard sometime, can anyone advise what to do. The piston in master cylinder didn't return back properly and there is some play in brake lever.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Hassan1991 @saboor73 Well, you should take whatever is posted on Bikez with a pinch of salt...!

Here's an eye opener for you, lads!
    Bikez site specs for Venox

I'm quoting from the above thread: "The data (in Bikez.com) is entered by users and not confirmed beyond that, as far as I've been able to figure."

Diddo!

Here's another one for you: 2006 Kymco Venox 250 specifications and pictures

Look at the bike; its CLEARLY a V-Twin yet its listed as a Single Cylinder! Ha! Even a Kindergarten Kid could figure it out...!

Wheres, MCN is a well reputed and respected "Brit" Magazine and have millions of Twitter followers! You'd find them testing everything, from Supercharged Kawasaki Ninja H2R & $200,000 Honda RC213VS to cheap @ss 50cc Chinese Mopeds!

But...

If you still insist that it can touch 150km/h then do me a favor... Send me a link of Kawasaki GTO touching 150km/h which must be indicated on THE GPS, not on the speedo cause speedos can be easily tempered with!!! Much like Electric Meters!

Have a good day!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by k-four-nine View Post
    @Hassan1991 @saboor73 Well, you should take whatever is posted on Bikez with a pinch of salt...!

Here's an eye opener for you, lads!
    Bikez site specs for Venox

I'm quoting from the above thread: "The data (in Bikez.com) is entered by users and not confirmed beyond that, as far as I've been able to figure."

Diddo!

Here's another one for you: 2006 Kymco Venox 250 specifications and pictures

Look at the bike; its CLEARLY a V-Twin yet its listed as a Single Cylinder! Ha! Even a Kindergarten Kid could figure it out...!

But...

If you still insist that it can touch 150km/h then do me a favor... Send me a link of Kawasaki GTO touching 150km/h which must be indicated on THE GPS, not on the speedo cause speedos can be easily tempered with!!! Much like Electric Meters!

Have a good day!
    It's only your thinking
    Everyone knows the truth just leave it and stay blessed
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan1991 View Post
    It's only your thinking
    Everyone knows the truth just leave it and stay blessed
    Yup, everyone knows the truth... But the "Truth" you know is vastly different than the "Truth" I know!

But hey, a truth is a truth after all, LOLz!

Thanks for the blessing, man!

Ride safe!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Hassan1991 @saboor73

Gentleman, Kindly forgive me for being such a stubborn person, But if you believe that everything on Bikez.com is true & accurate to the tee... Then...

Then...

I can tell you a way to give your GTOs a Supercharger, a 4-Cylinder engine and 100HP of Power!!! No, you don't even have to take your bike to a garage!

Here's how:
    Submit motorcycle pictures and specifications to Bikez.com

Just fill the above mentioned form according to your liking and VOILA!!! BINGO!!!

Now, your GTO has 84 More Horses, 3 more cylinders and of course, a Supercharger (Which, BTW is virtually impossible on a 2 Cycle Engine!)...

Or, you can give your GTO a boost and give it a 1,000cc Engine if that's your cup of tea!

Ah! A GTO1000... Woo Hoo!!!

I SPEAK FOR FACTS, NOT FOR FAIRY TALES

Stay blessed!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am really surprised seems like k4nine never rode a good gto and neither he experienced to have a race, I bought a gto in 1994 and sold it in 2004 and even now in 2016 I feel sad n feel it was my stupidity that I sold my such a good bike. Dear bro abdulrehmanrauf I kept this bike for nearly 10 years n it used to go 150-155km/hr even when i its engine was weak it was giving 145-150. If u need any info regarding this bike u can contact me at 0333-4488722 anytime.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I would only say, there is no match for bikes like gto 125 n RX. The ride, the acceleratiin , the road grip and durability, that are master pieces.

10. 04-04-2016, 03:13 AM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam u Alaikum ...
    i accidentally visited PW after a long time today; and yes, 2-Stroke wins the world that's why I'm on this thread too.

To answer your questions, I'd add and share my experience;
    Intro: I own my dad's 1979 Kawasaki 100 Sports G7T and that is the only bike I own, and also that is my daily runner; condition now is its quite weak on top end after 2 years of full throttle usage everyday, still able to smoke away any CG125 of the day;

--> My daily running exceeds approximately ~35 kms (including local road, GT Road and Isb Highway); I never had any problems in recent times;

--> As far as vibrations are concerned, depends on your engine condition, like I know my bike is running on a not properly aligned crankshaft, it does vibrate on 90+ kph; BUT.. for a properly done GTO125 to vibrate on seeds exceeding even 120 or 130, I won't buy this stance..

--> Throttle locking syndrome: to better understand how does it destroy an engine, I played Need For Speed Drag Race; which visually instructed me how we destroy an engine be it a 4T or 2T; theoretically 2T would blow early as it revs quicker; but in the real world, going in your top gear you almost never achieve full engine cycles i.e. 11k or 12k rpms.
    What I mean to say is if you keep running your bike on 11k or 12k rpms in any gear for long time, you'll definitely damage it. but if in top gear you're doing ~9k rpms you're good to go. (PROVIDED THAT your carb jetting and your auto lube systems are working perfectly fine).

--> NO one would have experienced spark plug failures as I have ... When my bike had an old carb with poor mileage i.e. ~18 kmpl, I experienced worse plug failures, but now with a new and perfect running carb and good running super lube system, I never have to undo my plug. P.S. I change it almost every 10k kms;

--> Spares are much expensive; and a really p.i.t.a to find; I know this feeling because I have been collecting parts worldwide;
    For those who dare, the future is in skies ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Responding to the specs shared by a member;

Brother, Asian and East Asian countries including Pakistan received GTO125 not KH125, which was capable to produce 17.5 hp;
    While Europeans received KH125 not GTO125, which was restricted to 12 hp by law to make it street legal;
    I hope it should suffice, but let me add.. Japanese speedometers (if not tampered with) are as good as your GPS; been there done that..

Regarding environment safety, every engine be it a 4T or 2T, it does produce emissions. People blame 2Ts more because they can see the smoke; but trust me, invisible emissions from a 4T exhaust are equally dangerous to environment.. so please ... let 2Ts live..

Someone asked about the premix oil to gas ratio: According to the experts that I have studied, the ideal ratio should be 1:32. 1:40 is okay but beyond that NOT RECOMMENDED, also below 1:20 NOT RECOMMENDED;
    AND when not using auto-lube pumps, the premix ratio in tank should be 1:20 to keep it adequate for high speed runs;

YES, correct carb jetting and proper auto lubrication is the way to go, you don't even need to add oil in fuel tank (manuals discourage this practice);

According to my little experience, these masterpieces like Kawasaki and Yamaha 2Ts are destroyed by our illiterate mechanics, the so-called 'ustaads'.. Trust me my own bike was destroyed by a number of savage mechanics; but now Alhamdu Lillah it is in my own hands so it is safe; and running good; I have learned so much from this machine I can barely tell you ...
    For those who dare, the future is in skies ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrehmanrauf View Post
    So what I understood,

I should look for a brand new cylinder which I hope is available at some cost.

Not sure though what is really meant by "The induction side of your engine is not very promising if the rotary valve housing and side piece is marked and worn down. I dont think you can buy that part new anymore."

....is it something related to engine compression in simple words engine power / torque will not be at the optimum level?

You also mentioned that it will not be available in new so could you atleast identify what are those parts so that I have something in my mind. My guesses are below,

Rotary valve:

Available on ebay: Kawasaki GTO KH110 KH125 Rotary Valve New | eBay

2Stroke world kindly guide me -1669465

and
    Kawasaki GTO KH125 Cover Rotary Disc Valve 16146 5003 | eBay

2Stroke world kindly guide me -1669467

Side piece...you mean engine piece that of clutch side piece.
    Yes, I mean the engine crankcase casting, the valve spins on it on one side, if its scored, marked or damaged in anyway - you will lose engine suction signal and the valve will resonate in the housing too. Ultimately the engine will lose its initial and midrange pulling torque.

You may have heard that sometimes these motorcycles start to make an odd buzzing noise in acceleration. that buzz is the valve vibrating in the cover. The engine side casting used to be available brand new at kawasaki spare parts dealers, and the no.1 reason for its failure was not using proper air filters or even making holes in them for "pickup" and not using a gasket on the carburettor cover. Dirt would be sucked in and damage was then inevitable.

You may try to ask the old Kawasaki parts dealers in Karachi if they have any of them left for sale.

The main component of the engine which is the cylinder barrel is critical to be in top condition, all resleeve jobs by the local machinists no matter how many idiotic trophies awarded by paan and gutka eating morons racing these on city streets.

The porting and timing will dictate how long life and how powerful the engine will be. Source a brand new one. No use in wasting money at any machinist for this.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Totally agreed with @mannapk89