Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question 70cc piston issues, need help

Hi!

So, i bought a Unique 70cc (2015) back in sept. i'm not the first owner but this is my first bike..
    At the time when i bought it was only driven 800 kms and everything was fine, i made sure to change the motor oil on time and kept it tuned too... once i was doing about 80-90 km/h and it was a fairly long stretch, as i had let go of the accelerator, the engine had turned off for a moment and then a clicking sound (seized piston), which made me quite frustrated, had risen, i got the piston replaced with 50 weight and cylinder bore was increased too (i'm not aware of to what extent, since i don't understand mechanics very well).

Since then, all has been fine but when i was getting parts installed the mechanic had told me that the cause of seizure was that the weight (that moves the piston) is a bit off (ply agai hain usmei/it's loose) and suggested that i should get it replaced too, at the cost of having him open the engine of new bike. At the moment i refused to do as such and just simply got the piston replaced.

I later on told my cousin about this, who took me to an another mechanic who then inspected the parts and said there is no such need for the weight to be replaced at all. My cousin concluded that it was just scam to pull out money as seeing that i'm no expert with bike parts.. but still the fact that the piston had been seized when the oil was duly changed keeps me in a check of mind..

there has been no performance problems but i just wanted to ask if it's really worth getting the main part of the engine opened for such a cause?

Thankyou

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by broomvroom View Post
    Hi!

So, i bought a Unique 70cc (2015) back in sept. i'm not the first owner but this is my first bike..
    At the time when i bought it was only driven 800 kms and everything was fine, i made sure to change the motor oil on time and kept it tuned too... once i was doing about 80-90 km/h and it was a fairly long stretch, as i had let go of the accelerator, the engine had turned off for a moment and then a clicking sound (seized piston), which made me quite frustrated, had risen, i got the piston replaced with 50 weight and cylinder bore was increased too (i'm not aware of to what extent, since i don't understand mechanics very well).

Since then, all has been fine but when i was getting parts installed the mechanic had told me that the cause of seizure was that the weight (that moves the piston) is a bit off (ply agai hain usmei/it's loose) and suggested that i should get it replaced too, at the cost of having him open the engine of new bike. At the moment i refused to do as such and just simply got the piston replaced.

I later on told my cousin about this, who took me to an another mechanic who then inspected the parts and said there is no such need for the weight to be replaced at all. My cousin concluded that it was just scam to pull out money as seeing that i'm no expert with bike parts.. but still the fact that the piston had been seized when the oil was duly changed keeps me in a check of mind..

there has been no performance problems but i just wanted to ask if it's really worth getting the main part of the engine opened for such a cause?

Thankyou
    No need for opening entire engine.
    Don't rode on full throttle for long. Lubrication system is not 100% efficient for all levels of throttle for longer durations.

Chill man.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If there's no performance issues than drive it as it is.....don't open the engine mechanic just want to scam you.
    The first step towards knowledge is to know that WE are IGNORANT

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the weight is actually called the crankshaft.

If you heat siezed the engine, there is probably a 60% chance the small end bearing is damaged. It gives off a tinny rumble under acceleration.

btw - dont do 80-90 kmh on your little machine, its not meant for such speeds.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the weight is actually called the crankshaft.

If you heat siezed the engine, there is probably a 60% chance the small end bearing is damaged. It gives off a tinny rumble under acceleration.

btw - dont do 80-90 kmh on your little machine, its not meant for such speeds.
    I'm not aware whether it was heat siezed or not, but i haven't noticed any significant or alarming rumbles.

And yes, it was immature of my acts to pull up at speeds which it couldn't handle but I've learned from my mistake.

Thank you. ☺

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asjdsm View Post
    No need for opening entire engine.
    Don't rode on full throttle for long. Lubrication system is not 100% efficient for all levels of throttle for longer durations.

Chill man.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I'll make sure not to drag it as such. My concern was only due to my lack of understanding the fundamentals.
    Thankyou

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

heard first time that engine got seized by driving at 80 - 90 km/h.
    Which brand of 70 u r using?

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List