Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help required from Bikes Gurus

Dear Riders,

I am planning to buy my first bike. I have very limited experience of ridding bikes i can say I am 33 years old and Maximum i drove would be 100-200 km.

I am Software engineer by profession and I normally travel every six months to overcome hectic routine but next time i wanted to be on Bike
    Although I m driving cars and jeeps since I was 16 and drove till Naran,Murrree,Karachi I kept 5 cars in last 10-12 years and roughly i would say I have driving experience of (400,000 KM) local and international.

I was never interested in bikes but in last few years after reviewing Bikers trip on Pakwheels I decided i should have my own bike so i could travel and explore Northern areas of Pakistan.

I wanted to buy good solid Bike which can cover long journeys e.g Multan to Islamabad - Naran

I though about BMW f700 adventure bike but one of my friend suggested I should learn first on some light bike e.g CD 70 or 125 and then moved to bigger cc

Today i came across Yamaha dealership and checked YBR/ YBR G 125 ,this bike really got some looks.
    i called my friend about it and he told me that you should rather check Suzuki GS 150 as learners bike.
    then i went o Suzuki dealership...honestly i didnt like the shape.

I have some queries.

1-If i buy YBR G and learn on it first ,can i plan long trips on this bike e.g Multan-ISLAMABAD-MURREE
    2- I am 6"1 tall does this bike suits me.(comfortable for 1 hr consecutive drive)
    3- I wont take my bike more than 100 km/h ,I this bike stable on high speed such as 100 +
    4- Do i have to change tires of this Bike
    5- What i can add to this bike to carry my luggage.
    6- Initially before learning to ride bike on highways i have kept my budget under 2 lacs,is there any other bike better than YBR G within 2 lac price range.

7- From where in Multan or Lahore I can get proper gear (helmet,jacket e.t.c)
    8- What i should carry while traveling on long routes e.g (puncture kit e.t.c)

In future I can raise my budget till 5-7 lacs for suitable adventure bike.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    Don't get caught chasing the rumors. This bike hasn't been even launched yet. No one know how it gonna perform. Buy an authentic and tested machine that has been famous among adventure riders already. Secondly you can't expect much of low end torque from a twin cylinder in 250cc category. Such Low end torque can be given by a single cylinder only.
    "you can't expect much of low end torque from a twin cylinder in 250cc category." 100% correct

At the moment I guess Zingshong RX3 seems to be economical and suitable options for travelers. I talked to Mr Zubair (Sigma Bikes) in detail , he seems to be very nice and humble as he answered all my queries regarding RX3 import and price.

Price is :500,000 RS (Carb)

He mentioned that considering local mechanic expert level carby version is more suitable for our environment and tough which i agree up to some extent.

Mr Zubair visted china multiple times and he mentioned that RX3 has only two variants (carb ad efi) and quality is same weather its USA import or local only difference is USA importer which offers more features.

now we have to see how much successful and popular this bike could be but i am seriously considering it after 4-5 months

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alikhan7 View Post
    "you can't expect much of low end torque from a twin cylinder in 250cc category." 100% correct

At the moment I guess Zingshong RX3 seems to be economical and suitable options for travelers. I talked to Mr Zubair (Sigma Bikes) in detail , he seems to be very nice and humble as he answered all my queries regarding RX3 import and price.

Price is :500,000 RS (Carb)

He mentioned that considering local mechanic expert level carby version is more suitable for our environment and tough which i agree up to some extent.

Mr Zubair visted china multiple times and he mentioned that RX3 has only two variants (carb ad efi) and quality is same weather its USA import or local only difference is USA importer which offers more features.

now we have to see how much successful and popular this bike could be but i am seriously considering it after 4-5 months
    You search and findings are spot on.

Just one correction.

RX3 got four variants. The one he is talking about are Chinese market variants. In carburator and EFI. Another 2 varients are for American Market Varients that is Called CRC (RX3 Cyclon). It got improved suspension, larger rims and tyres and many other goodies.
    It also comes in EFI and Carb version.

Search for it online and target that variant because it is their premium model.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoberRiders/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I agree on its a dozen of varaints when it comes to Rx3, This thread can be help ful..

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/gen...ongshen-rx-3-a
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yamaha bolt cruiser bike

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as zongshen rx3 and other chinese bikes are concerned, this may be an option for you but im same price tag a good japanese branded bike imported few years ago would be a very good choice..

As far as inazuma is concerned , i had experience of riding it for few hours, its a very good bike, awesome road grip, best pick in its class, much better build quality then chinese and other japanese trails etc too.. As you are a beginner in this field so you obviously dont need a trail enduro type thing..

The other factor is you would get a few thousands km used inazuma for a almost half of the price, which makes it a a worthy purchase. its a simple machine with great looks and ride.

now i come to the ybr type 125 class bike, its a good looking bike, better than cg125 etc, but if you want something more good, go for a gs150 suzuki, as far as beginner bike is concerned, in UK,US lady riders start riding above 500cc machine initially which they upgrade with 6 months or an year

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List