Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Any information about CD 100

Hi guys

i am also using a Honda CD 100, if any one of you have the same brand and got something to share, i may have some tips for you.

As far as the comparison of CD 100 and Sprinter, the sprinter certainly got good milage, the only problem is with its rear shock absorbers. With even two person of 60 Kg weight its rear wheel hits the mudguard. That problem was persisting with 2003 2004 Sprinters i am not sure if it is sloved in new model or not.

On the other hand CD 100 has got the most comfortable road grip i have ever seen in this class of bikes. Its suspension system is superb. It has got the most laden weight (98) Kgs, whereas Honda 125 has 92 - 94 Kgs. It has got some minor problems but they are not too much to disgrace it.

I read in some articles about a new CD 100 getting repaired but this depends on the usuage. I sold CD 70 before getting this CD 100, that 70 was 2000 model i sold it in June 2006 and its engine was genuine, it all depends on how u use you bikes and cars.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well Adil as u mentioned it got few minor problem now if ur lucky u might get a cd 100 with out any problem but mostly the bike have some issues..

Like the kick slip issue.. the Engine is not very reliable.. plus other issues which mechanics say keep coming up with this bike..

Plus points the Bike have good frame and new shape..

Tell us for how long u have this bike?

How many KM u covered on this bike ?

Hows the consumption per liter ?

What are the minor problem u have faced ?

Hows the pickup of the bike and ride compared to cd 70 ?

And your top speed ?
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr. vaqas

I have been using this bike since june 2006 and i have done some 6500 Km on it. Its milage within city is approx 58 KMPL, and on long route it gives around 62 63 KMPL. Frankly Its pickup wasnt that great till it had done 4000 km
    now although its speed and pickup has improved a lot still it is less than 70s and 125. I reached till 95 KMPH on it and since the road didnt permit i didnt go faster than that. Its maximum sped seems to be 100 KMPH. Untill now i havnt found anything wrong with its engine. Its fine smooth and powerful.

The minor problem i faced is that

there was some sound in its Gear Box.

Its headlight is not enough for this calibre of a bike.

I couldnt get a contact with any Honda Official, however i talked with many good mechanics (who mostly own and work on heavy bikes) they said that the sound of its gear box wasnt major fault, as far as its pick was concerned CD 100 and 125 Deluxe are a little different from conventional bikes their pick isnt that much. According to a person these are long route bikes.

As far as its headlight is concerned all new models are using some new technology (Sprinter, Suzuki 125 & 150, CD100 & 125 Deluxe) their headlights are not that much as it should have been.

If someone has found a solution to this problem plz inform me.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well i feel the poor head light is due to the 35/35w bulb used in these new bikes... if u use a 25/25w bulb u will notice the light increased allot but u might face fusin bulb prob...

Its pickup is not more then 70 ? r u sure ? thats a surprise :p ......

Plus the thing u mentioned that deluxe and cd 100 dun have much pickup thats due to the heavy weight and big tires of the bikes...

Still i like the bike even though people dun like it much but i think honda did a great effort in building this bike.. good frame, better tires, everything is good about this bike effort wise...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr. Vaqas

coming back to you reply, there is one this for sure is that its pick up isnt that much as of 70, but i dont agree with u for its reason (weight). U know Honda 70's weight is constantly being reduced for the last 8 - 10 years. But u know it hasnt improved anything as far as it performance is concerned. 90 - 92 model 70s were a lot better in performance.

I want to know if you have got a bike, i joined this website to have interaction with others with same bikes like CD 100 Sprinter or Junoon and have some idea of other models. But it seems that we two are going to exhaust eachother and no other is going to participate in this conversation. So till next time take care.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahah yaar aap to ghusa ker gayay...

man CD 100 is not more than a crap..i know even then its selling more than any other 100cc bike (junoon and sprinter) in pak but only bcoz of name HONDA...theres nothing in this bike ..most probably its an upgrade of CD 70 with better body and grip...

agar 100cc category main jaana hai to just buy sprinter...it has way more VALUE OF MONEY and is way cheaper too..
    for more information read SUZUKI GS 125 , GS 150 thread.
    Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xtremist, bhai now you should start dealing with Suzuki Motorcyles for their marketing.loll
    Everytime a thread relating to bikes start,you always there with ur advice to BUY ONLY SPRINTER,good job buddy.
    thanx
    Valle!! the great with his YZRM1 looks more coool!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@air_explorer!

bro the fact is fact....ok u think CD 100 is better then plz buy it..infact buy two of 'em..ok?
    forums r not only to chat but also to tell wut is better value for money and which is not...if u think tht forums r only for time pass then keep ur thinking with u plz..

and i always say this on my personal experience,abt sprinter,and hope will b saying the same in the future too...
    if u have better observation of same bike class (100cc category) which shows sprinter is not good (by any means) when plz share with us...i'd appreciate ur discussion over here..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hmmz i had a 91 cd 70 in the past.. i didnt like the bike i feel the 2006 is better feels more heavier better drive, better position, reliable starting..

before buying cd 70 i was interested in cd 100 but after talking to atleast 15 cd 100 owners and many honda mechanics including there antena shop Main Mechanic non of them recomended cd 100..
    One owner i talked to who was very unhappy i asked him hows the bike he gave a big gali and said patah nahi kia banaya hai honda ney :p

The most interesting comment was made by own honda mechanic he said if ur lucky u might get a cd 100 that wont give any problem but out of 10 almost 9 bikes have some problem or the other... most common the gear, kick, engine, missing prob :p i dun kno whats left....

Junoon i have talked to people they are happy with it they all say the drive is good, engine is very quiet and smoth, mileage around 50.. still i m fiding some one who isnt happy with Junoon :p other then mileage everyone is happy..

Sprinter the mileage is good 60kmpl, Drive is good, engine have very less vibration, Design sucks still using that old design, Some people complained about the built quality a guy who bought said after 3 months he changed the read mud guard, another said the engine farigh hogaya tha after 7 months... some said the Seat is like ur sittin on a brick,

Conclusion in pakistan nothing is perfect :p jo hai guzara karo..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well guys there seems to be a lot of heat going in this group. I will try to answer all the replies i got. i joined this forum to share my experiences with you people so that others who are going to get a new one may have a clear mind of the problems and disadvantages of any model.
    I really liked the comment of vaqas that in pakistan nothing sold is perfect.
    We we all see on indian channels, their Hero Honda, Yamaha and Suzuki bikes. And by God their bike's appearance say about their quality, this factor is missing in pakistan. There is no quality control here. Have you people ever thought that we are wasting our energies by criticizing others and trying to convince others to buy a specific model.
    We can do a positive thing, just write down all the short comings of all these bikes. (feed back of their owners is very important for this, we can use this forum for this feedback). We can make a list of these problems and why dont we send emails to the respective companies with the names of the owners of the specific models.
    This is a far fetched idea and might not have any impact at all, but guys let these people know what they are doin with their customers.

I will be looking very much to your response, i mean if we succeed in making a community it migh make a difference.

And guys while describing a model be honest, like i informed vaqas that CD 100 hasnt got better pick that 70. In this way others can evaluate their choices easily. And i have a proposition if anyone in Lahore want to have a test ride on CD 100 he is welcome.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ adil_dar!

well bro very well said...i totally agree with u...but yaar i dont think tht such a big companies (honda,suzuki,yamaha) will accept and solve the probs of just a small number of us... i mean 16 crore awaam k saamnay ham 10,12 loog kya ker saktay hain?? how can they change their policies?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr. Xtremist,

i also know that it might not make any difference, but dont you think its a pessimistic approach, we look defeated before even we have started the struggle.

I have the address of Honda Marketing departmenet and i want to tell you that i have already sent them a couple of emails though got no reply, yet i am not disappointed.

Yaar all people here in this forum and website are educated and dont you think we have got to do something other than wailing here.

It may seem very bookish but lets join our hands and see the power of unity.

Lets be positive and strategise our moves, i know a couple of emails to these companies may go un noticed but then they may start taking notice, and if they make some changes in the coming models it will be our success.

If we can waste hours on chatting, cant we send an email after a week?

Its all about being united lets get around here and ask others to join this website.

Waiting for your suggestions and feedback.

I have started my quest a long ago, i have been to all major Antenna Shops of Honda in Lahore and told them about the problem. Some didnt even accept that there was anything wrong, some put blame on company and did nothing, after the search of three months i found a person who listened to me and satisfied my Curiosity (Honda Super Star, New Mozang Road, Lahore, Mr. Abid) he is a great chap listened to me with a patience of angels. He didnt curse the company like old women, he gave me solutions and real information. Problem is that most of ( almost 99 percent of our mechanics are illiterate people who got in this line just to earn a living) dont go to these people all they tell you is hear say.

i think its got so lengthy moderator might kick me out of this website, gonna close this chapter here.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yaar the only cd 100 which i've seen in my life...stinks very bad...it gives an average of 35 km in litre...its tires are changed within 4 months...brakes are horrible...and the seats are awkwardly soft...i mean being soft is a good thing...laking long route per problem hota hay kaafi
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kiya faida hua itni behas ka? o bhai kuch bhi nai hona jitna marzi zor laga kay shoor macha lo, all manufacturers are deaf....
    yahan hum dhair saray forum banatay phirtay hain,
    mainay yeh thread abhi daikha hay aur aaj 04-12-2009 hay. itna time guzar janay kay bawajood kuch bhi change nai hua honda aur yamaha 100cc 4 stroke main ,
    to doosto kiya faida , kiya hum sab sirf is web site pay dil ki bharaas nikalnay baithtay hain? yar koi to positive response ana chahiya tha na kisi company ki taraf say?
    I think honda and yamaha company dont even bother to see this website even, change kiya khaak karay gee.............

after spending 60000 no resale , is that what u call bike ???
    is say acha to koi khoota kharaad lo , usay khilaao pilaao aur tagraa karkay market lay jao , wooh bhi in bikes say zayada mehnga bikay ga ...lolzzzz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ enigmarol
    kher hai?
    r u angry?
    garhay murday ukhaar rahay hain?
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List