0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki Sprinter / Sprinter ECO

well guys there have been so much threads here on this topic, so a noble thought came to my mind tht i should make a STICKY thread which should discuss each and everything of SPRINTER and ECO...

so ALL STORIES GO HERE and plz dont bother to make any other thread....
    thnx...
    Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ all
    dear suzuki sprinter lovers
    wat i think that as this problem is still there so
    v at LBC need 2 write SUZUKI about this problem.
    hop u guys will support us......
    as it is 1 part of our VISION
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tigerride & new bike junky

i have been thinking on resolving the issue yesterday i thought of something below are some snaps on the back is a sprinter with original shocks and front is a Ravi 70 CC with shocks changed.

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828194

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828195

below are the snaps of the length of both shock absorbers, sprinter has shocks whose length is a little above 12 inches while 70 has a length of slightly above 14 inches. if you adjust the shocks of a seventy in sprinter you will gain the distance of more than 2 inches which wont add into height a lot but will solve the issue of tyre hitting the mudguard.
    Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828196

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828197

in my opinion it will solve the problem if it doesnt you can lift the rear mudguard by half an inch (see the snaps attached red lines show the area where you can gain some place) you drill a closer hole in the mudguard attaching place to the frame (below the seat) and cut the extra sheet. third snap given place show the bolt and area attaching mudguard to the frame

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828198

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828199

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828200

in the end i am attaching some snaps of inside of rear mud guard black skids show the place where tyre hits the mudguard, width of skid marks show that a minor part of tyre hits the area and by changing the shocks and gaining 2 more inches we may solve the problem. (three people in routine ride this bike it means that these marks are with the maximum load, remember trye widens a little with more load. and if its got only these marks it will solve the issue)

see the snaps

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828201

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828202

final note sprinter in snaps was a 2005 model that came with rear mudguard in two pieces half in plastic and half in steel where both joined it had two bolts lets say cap was quarter of an inch which added to the problem since it gave less place to tyre to move, we have changed its mudguard with a new one. so if someone is attaching an old mudguard it will not solve the problem.

And last i would request you guys to post the feedback if anyone of you do that modification and find it satisfactory. I could have done it very easily at home but didnt have time. if i got time and did that i would definitely post the results with snaps Inshallah.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adil
    u didn t di 4 time or . . . .
    u didnt wan 2 do with urs?
    lolz
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

malik G

its not that, frankly i didnt have time and i have mentioned that in my post. Reason you know better.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ adil_dar

Thanks brother, for making out things crystal clear.
    I already mentioned in my previous post that by using shocks of more length problem might be solved.

Making out new holes and lifting up the mudguard also seems a good option.

In my opinion, using a tyre of less height migh also solve the problem.

All of these three options can be tried, and I hope Inshallah these will solve the problem.

But the problem is with tigerride. He must tell all what he has done to his bike, and also this problem is with some suzuki owners as tigerride told that his friends are not facing this problem.
    If sombody is lucky he will get this problem and should try the above mentioned solution.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother tigerride

i guess adding 2 inches into height wont make a considerable diff, and may very well solve the problem but we cant be sure until we try it. and as far as 6 or 4 ply tyre is concerned i think the difference is in their width not in thickness of tyre, but its my opinion there are more seasoned and experienced people who can guide us about tyre. I think first of all shocks be tired since it isnt a big deal just find a mechanic or a shop who have used shocks of a 70 ask him to replace and have a test ride. change wont take ten mins and is easily reversable process.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salamz : im a new member ... after reading many posts i decides to go for eco sprinter cost me 50800 from the university road showroom, 500 rs discount becs gave cash and gave 2400 for registeration so total: 52700 .went for this becs of the theft prob in karachi , loved honda 100 but i heard its stolen very quickly.
    i dont know how to drive a bike .. am used to cars .. the prob is that the headlight wont open ... i think its dead only after we drove 14 km , the indicator is also problematic , and i personally think that the acessory quality is very low of this bike , like the headlight and the indicator the plastic material ect ect
    the oil level on the bike was really low when they gave me the bike (below the dipstick ) and when i opened the battery compartment to see if i could fix the light problem(if its a small one) i found that all the wires collected in nito tape!!!! i think ke at least respectable plastic covering mai to collect karain !!!! , the rubber on the starter kick has already broken its only 18km done !!!

please tell me is the nito tape is norrmal and has the less engine oil damages the engine ( drove only 8 km on less oil) and out shell 10-40 oil !!! i dont really know how to drive so cant comment on the quality !!!
    please also tell me what are the best tyres i can buy to give maximum grip ... the showroom guy says tyres are ok but i want to make sure becs im new and my young bros are also going to learn and what helmet to buy .
    Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -828904

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ohhh i forgot to tell u about brake prob .... rear brake goes bushhhhhh when i press the peddle and i think both brakes have less braking . im really troubled , every one said good bike but this is really bad ... also i think clutch prob too becs when i let go whole clutch nothing happens and at the last centimeter of letting do it operates , it should work in the middle not at the very end ( i mean that the bike does not move until i reach the end it shuld work when im in middle of letting it go)i hope the engine and everything are good .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

brother ahmed

it isnt a big deal, i guess showroom people we busy or didnt attend it carefully. Your bike is in warranty. take it to the showroom and ask them to check for all the issues you have had. and dont bring it back until you are satisfied with it. these are all minor issues dont worry about them
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ adil_dar

Which bike you will pick from honda cd-100 and suzuki sprinter eco.
    I started a thread named yamaha yd-100, suzuki sprinter eco and honda cd-100 for selection.
    Every body told to buy suzuki gs-150 and i also agreed, but now I cant make my mind due to fuel economy, maintenace and resale problem.

so what would be your choice if u r given a chance to select from suzuki sprinter eco and cd-100, and on which points.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bike junky

brother if i consider the resale value i wont purchase anyone from these, i will go for a CG 125 instead.

If resale isnt an issue you want to keep a bike for a longer period, my choice would be CD 100 again, on the basis of following points:

reasonable milage 60 - 65
    strong body (to take wear and tear of our roads)
    comfortable and durable than bikes of its class
    spare parts availability + prices
    in case of an issue the biggest bike company in pak will back you up will its full resources
    another plus point is that honda people are the quickest in business to take decision, example is first model of 100 had a problem with its rear mudguard it was too small and didnt cover the tyre enough result was that on wet roads you got all the filth on your legs and feet, plus some engine and seat height issues. it didnt take them long to realize these things and last year i think after two and half years that its first model was launched theu resolved all the problems.

And sprinter was launched before CD 100 instead of resolving the hard seat, bad shocks and ugly indicators and back light issues they are still carrying on with the same thing.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Adil_dar sahab

CG-125 is a good bike for resale, maintenance and for performance, but I dont want to go for it due to pertrol consumption problem.
    Also some person said that the rider gets tired on it.

I like the height of cd-100, and every body says its ride is very comfortable. But as you and every body said its pick and accelration is very slow as compared to sprinter and junoon. Thats why I am afraid to buy it. Please confirm is it really true.

I want the fastest bike in 100-110 cc category which is also most fuel efficient (I can compromise a little bit on maintenace and a little bit on comfort).
    What do u suggest.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bike_junky

brother first of all u say that CG 125 isnt comfortable and then you say that you can compromise on comfort a little bit. Anyways its your personal choice.

Coming back to the issue i have felt that pick of 100 isnt as better as sprinter, but if you are traveling more 15 KM a day in a go, the comfort of bike really matters. Example is that when i had CD 70 i covered at least 30 km a day and had a constant pain in backbone and neck. After getting CD 100 my office moved and i traveled about 50 KM daily on bike but it didnt tire me as much as 70 did. But frankly CD 100 is a plain bike without looks of Junoon and fire of sprinter.
    This narrows down your choice to sprinter and junoon, if you have to select one from both, i think with your preferences (good milage + speed and pick) sprinter will be better choice.

Still i would recommend you to follow your own preference and stick to that.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks adil bhai,

I really appreciate your help.

I can compromise on comfort but you know cg-125 kills you on petrol average. I think no one can drive a cg-125 on 40-50 just to get mileage and on fast speed it will give u average below 40.

If sprinter eco has any suspension problem i think that can be solved by using good quality shock absorbers and it can be fun to ride.
    I also consider that sprinter is also 10k less than honda and yamaha, and if u get better engine in this price, a little amount can be spent on shocks etc.

I am planning to use the bike for atleast 3 to 4 years so sprinter seems better choice.

once again thanks for the time.

I am a skeptical person and cant make decisions quickly, so adil bhai and other guys plz dont mind.

plz post comment regarding shock absorbers here:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!70044~ForumID!22~pw.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can anybody plz confirm or disconfirm bilal statement:

Hi Guys, I think that Sprinter meter pass Kms faster than original. I checked it with my car meter and found that Its 0.3 km faster than the car meter (It finishes one km when car does only 0.7 km). In that case(if its meter is wrong) sprniter fuel consumption is 53 km/liter if it does 62 km shown by its meter. Please check this matter by comparing other bikes and suzuki sprinter meter. Please check and show the results here on this forum so that I can register a case against suzuki in supreme court. They are making us happy falsely by saying that it has a great fuel consumption.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^

he isnt the first one to notice that...i have observed the same with some sprinters i have ...but in that the margin was only for about 150 meters...i used my bikes trip meter to calculate that...when my bike was at 8.5...the sprinter completed its 1km...

at our office this morning it was nice to see 2 sprinters...eco and non eco...both 2008 models ...pics attached

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -832188

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -832189

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -832190

Suzuki Sprinter  Sprinter ECO -832191
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks foosa for giving the true picture.
    I think even 150 meters make a lot of difference.

see how.

1 kilometer=1000 meter

as sprinter speedo-meter shows a difference of 150 meter for every 1km.

so for 73 km this difference would be

73km * 150m=10950 meter

to convert 10950 meter to km, divide it by 1000.

10950/1000=10.95 km.

So the final average claimed by sprinter comes to 62.05 i-e almost 62 km.

If driving fast i-e at a speed of 80-90 it would come down to 50-55.

foosa and all other guys. please give your comments is this the fact that suzuki motors are just fooling us by giving false advt.

foosa plz can u confirm the average of cd-100. i heard that it gives mileage of around 65 at speed of 80-90. is that true or its speedometer also does like suzuki.

adil_dar sb (please tell us about the speedometer correctness etc of honda cd-100).

I am not suzuki, yamaha or honda fan and I am not criticizing any body. Just trying to get the true position that will help me get the bike.

bilal ahmed, extremist, alone_munda, tigerride where are all you guys. please post your comments.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the fuel average of the honda cd 100 sux badly...i have seen 3 cd100 and non of them went above 50...plus they have so many faults...like the clutch lever is clunky...the bike is too big for a 100cc...rear shocks are horrible and the list goes on...as for the speed...well here is my story...

im a lil guy ok...not that bulky...and even with the weight advantage the bike had over me...it didnt go beyond 90...i mean common man...the sprinter went to 120 ...and i stalled a pakhero cd70 on 95km several times...but that bike didnt go beyond 90...

i must add that my comments would be negatively biased towards the cd100 coz it never made a good impression on me..
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers