Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default On Demand Sad Story of my cd 100

Yar vaqas yeh kia story pooch li hai

I just got crazy june 2006, fell in love with CD 100, sold my Honda CD 70 2000 model (completely genuine condition) and got a CD 100.

it has done 8200 KM to date, and following of its components has been changed

Timing Chain and Goats (3650 KM)
    Oil Seals of Magnet Side (4200 KM)
    Third Gear and its Washer (6500 KM)
    and lastest its ring piston (8000 KM)

I use High Octance with Super Petrol and Havoline Mobil Oil. and within these 8200 its oil has been changed at least 12 times. Yar i just want to weep like hell. I dont want to keep it now. There is no point in keeping such a thing that will need complete engine change after doing every 7000 - 8000 KM. When i tried to sell it, it is not giving me more than 45000, I feel like screwed up. This f**** company is selling these products without any check on its quality.

If someone of you have suggestions, i will appreciate it very much.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

waqas yar had hoti hai kanjusi ki bhi, you sent only one pic yaar. that not fair and dont mind my comments since these are out of jealousy, your bike certainly looks a shining beauty and easily outwits my bike (Mashallah). By the way why are you not using it for so long, i cant keep away from my ride for that long. Take care and keep it up. Happy to see that there are many many more enthusiastas like me out there ( in your case you won)

@hueblue

sorry to say but yaar i am amazed at your slackness, really sorry for my comments. But you could have asked me to arrange for these footrests, as i move daily from city to my office (now in johar town) i could have bought these footrests and handed them over to you on my way very easily. mind that next time. we are a community and i do not hesitate to help out a member. I am sure i could have bought them very easily from Mcloed Road. Next time you need anything specially brake shoes you have my cell no. help will be only a call away
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adil I think its a close call infact i have hardly used my bike in last few months so i think ur a winner bcoz u have used ur bike more plus they look in same condition .

And well i am not usin it bcoz my office is almost 30 to 40 km away and its a 70 so kafi tiring hojata hai,
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adildar
    thanks bro.
    but thanksfully that welded footrest didnt damage the body of my bike. he just modified the shape of footrest to make it come fit and its working fine.

the sad thing i am sharing is that its parts are still not available in township market. which is in my opinion the second biggest bike market in lahore.

i heard this so many times mechanics sharing their view with each other
    "is mai 70 ka lagain ya 125 ka"
    while :
    -overhauling engine
    -brakes
    -wheel alignment

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hueblue

i couldnt get your last three lines, Han your statement is true its a mixture of 70 and 125 as far as i have heard mechanics talking its got Spark Plug of 70, gets the clutch plates of 125, and brake shoes of 70 also fits in it. And only God knows what else?

anyway whats the big problem with its engine overhauling, wheels balancing, or brake shoes.

My suggestion is that you show it to my mechanic i am sure Inshallah this will help you a lot and make this ride a little bit more comfort..
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

adil, how much does wheel balancing cost?
    also what are the charges for getting the drive-chain lubricated.

my manual says i should get the drive-chain lubric every 500 kms.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wheels will cost you around 150 i got mine for 120.

As far as lubricating the drive chain open up the drive chain cover that will be under the left pasenger foot rest and lubricate it The thing with drive chains are manufacturer desire they should be lubricated everyday but this is not possible so this 500 thingie is max. My friend and i bought bike at the same time and i have this habbit of lubricating the chain every week or when ever it rains i lubricate it again and he never did this so recently he got all his chain and set of those gararies changed but Mine are still in perfect condition and i avoid asking the mechanics to do this bcoz they use used engine oil to do this and the best oil for drive chain is the gear oil of any car or a good quality engine oil.

So i use to buy 1 liter pack for my engine and 70's engine online gets around 0.8l and the remaining i used for the drive chain.

Waisa agar mechanic sa karwana hai ask him to use the new engine oil or give him ur own he will charge you around 10 to 20 or no charges at all depends on your terms with him :p

Btw I used empty eye drop bottle for chain lubricating hehe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for the tips vaqas,
    any idea how much does gear oil cost? i'll be needign very small quantity of course.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi guys,

Here i am going to tell an story that happened with me when i go to buy a new CD100. Since i asked Dar sb and u all about new model, I visited market and was unable to find new model in Black color. So Dealer assured the supply with in 2-3 days and paid him full in advance. But bike arrived after 6 days and i visited dealer and after completing all the formalities I tried to start bike which took 4 failed kicks and at last choke did the trick.
    I ignored it as it was a new one and i took the bike on road but covering a distance of few meters i heard some sound coming out bike. Thinking it as chain noise i ignored it first but later on it again sounded and i found it that it is coming out of Engine.
    I returned to dealer who refused to admit the fault and tried to convince me to carry on the ride but in my second trial i decided to return it at any cost. This time dealer took a trial and said that it was because of clutch and asked mechanic to fix it. after fixation he again took a trial and on return said its still sounding.
    At that time i forced him to provide a new one instead of repair. He promised the replacement in 2 days but its seven days past but i am still waiting the replacement.
    So this way another victim of HONDA added.

Yaar i am surprised to know that it was crank rod's noise which was coming out of a new engine....

What they are doing guys.......please comment

Regards
    Izha'r

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Abbas that will be around 130 to 180 per liter. But you can buy any good oil like GTX and use that.

c4soft very bad experiance in your case but keep pushing that dealer to get your bike ASAP.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mr. Izhar

its really sad to know that, can you tell me the name and location of that dealer, Yar black colour CD 100 is available everywhere i dont know where you went to get that? Anyways it doesnt matter now.

042-7225015 This is number of Honda Factory (Sheikhupura)
    042-6305262 This is Number of Honda Warranty Claim Centre Opposite Ganga Ram Hospital, if you have any problem regarding its purchase of delivery call these numbers from the showroom tell honda people about the attitude of showroom people and they will take care of the rest, Inshallah.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dar sb,

Thanks for providing info. I am trying both numbers but busy.
    The dealer is "Super King, Gulberg", 2 months ago my cousin purchased 125 from SK and he lead me to there. But bad luck this time in my case.
    Dar sb, many people tried to convince me not to get CD100 but I ignored just because of its lovely design specially classic headlight.
    Since i am reading your posts and threads, i am bit afraid with my decision specially after this case of new bike. For me it would be more difficult to maintain it as i have never had a bike before.

I was only realizing on brand and design but sorry to say in our country such things i.e. Quality, Brand etc. are just to cash only...............

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bhai i know its worth trying if you take the receipts with you(when you submitted the amount in advance) thats also a surprise that they are getting booking of a product like CD100 which isnt a hot item.

Just go to Atlas Honda Centre 01 Mcloed Road, and tell them what that dealer has done to you and tell them that you dont want a bike from him you dont trust him, ask them to instruct that dealer to return your money and you will get bike from anyother dealer, or get the delivery of that bike form a reputed dealer. Believe me they will listen and help you out.

And Inshallah you wont regret your decision its a good bike. Take care
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Finally i got the bike yesterday from dealer who was not willing to deliver it even yesterday. Infact all of his staff left the office early so he asked me to come next day but as i was contacted him before the visit so I insisted on delivery and he somehow arranged it.
    BTW how much it costs on registration ? I want to get the number by myself but the dealer charged Rs. 2900/- for its registration.

R.I.P. Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Biggest tragedy of this country is that there r no consumer courts or consumer rigths so we can sue these ********.
    My friends brand new honda civic 2005 the chaisis disintigrated from front, he threatned honda people for dire consiquences, so they repaired the car free and gave one honda without on on the same day. So he had a profit of 1.5 laks + his honda repaired.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good that u got ur bike registration in Pindi costs 2200 Rs

Keep us updated about its performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Will you please tell me if the Warranty period has been passed and after warranty period we find problems in our bike engine then what we do? and if we replace the engines things like timing chain ,piston, rings or other things then if engine will be like a new engine??
    as we heared that if " EK BAAR ENGINE KHUL JAT TO BUNTAS NAHI"

bcz the mechaninchs in markit and anteena shops manually remake the engines. they manually fiz timing chain and pision etc. then how its possible to compare it with new engine and what willdo that cosutmer who buy a new bike a dn he face difficultiesin engine after warrant period.

Is there any system to make ur engine just like newone?

my friend have a CG 125 2005.now his engine need works and he want to remake its engine so if he goes to Honda, will they make it new one on machines? or honda anttena shop mechanincs have ability to made it as good as new engine?
    tell me what should he do.go to Honda factory or anttena shop 4 remaking of his engine.?
    i read in this forum that u dolotsof chaning in 100cc honda engine about timing chain,etc. sohen timing chain go to remove allthe engine have to open. does it not effect on the performance if the engine. bcz its a lot said that " Ek baar enginekhul jay tobikegaikaamsay. phir waiwsa engine nahi bunta " so those people who changes there engine parts in new bikes,How feel the remake engine?
    pleaser reply me.
    HERE IS THE BEST RIDER FOR THE BEST RIDES

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

remake of an engine depends on many things among them one is a mechanic and if your mehcanic is good yes he can make engine in such a way that no one will be able to know if its remade. second thing that engine once opened doesnt perform like a new one, also depends on your mechanic and the fact that how old is your bike. A bike ten twelve years old wont be like a new one, but bike of your friend is only two years old and being remade (i guess) for the first time. It can be like a new one very easily. To change timing chain your dont need to open complete engine it only take 20 minutes to change a timing chain.

The most important thing that Honda offer in warranty is that they will repair your bike to your stock position. I got ring piston changed twice in warranty, first time antenna shop that i went to wasnt good enough, and second i tried another one and now my bike is as good as new. Trick behind it is that they did not change the size of piston had they used .5 number piston they would have had to get its cylinder bored to .5 size which would have shortened the life of this engine. Honda changed its complete cylinder and fitted my bike with a new 0 number piston.

But you dont need to do that all you need is a good mechanic, since you are also from lahore i can tell you a couple of people who will do it to your satisfaction.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

((( HAPPY BIRTHDAY ))) Dar sb,

Sir g, waday ho gai ho tusi, mubarak ho

and thanks for providing useful information to us for our bikes.
    I really appreciate the way you reply to us with guidance and assurance for help as well.

Take Care
    Izha'r

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Izhar sb,

thanks for reminding me, really man no one has greeted me yet even my wife seems to have forgotten that. And as far as guidance is concerned its my pleasure and every one is welcome here to share his views.

Thanks once again.

But yar where did you get my date of birth? its amazing how people get that and care to greet others.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey Adil,

Happy birthday bro and many happy returns of the day

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

User Tag List