Survey by Qualaroo
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: experience of ((((((((((CG 125 DELUXE)))))))))))))

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default experience of ((((((((((CG 125 DELUXE)))))))))))))

hi bro,
    sahre ur experience with this bike,
    and tell us how this bike is?
    what is the difference between the simple one and the delux?share ur experience.
    regard,s
    FXXB and EJ8 on its way............

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mqsdrana View Post
    These bikes have ABS Disk brakes so they can easily manage their balance, actually delux have non-abs disk so it un-balance.

I am also using honda deluxe cg-125 2010 & also face the sampe problem.
    ABS is brand new tech - pick an oldschool carby fireblade - it does not have ABS, yet still stops very very efficiently.

Only in Pakistan are disc brakes a problem for bikers - as they are more accustomed to horse and cart technology. Ive been riding disc equipped bikes since ages and never ever had a problem in stopping them even in rain.

What Ive seen here is the rider sits on the bike very loosely and does not control the machine as part of his body, (your forward sliding when brakes are applied) - when you stop a bike you have to use your arm and thigh muscles for you to remain on your seat and not slide around. For front disc application you only need to use 2 fingers, and learn the biting point of the brake.

The suspension of the bike is supposed to control the steering charecteristics by ensuring the tyres are in contact with the road at all times (Pakistani bikers love to have hard suspension for some reason)
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar
    whenever i apply disc on a slippery road( some old roads are slippery as u know) my rear tyre skids to left , no matter how much care i take , even on slow speed, what can be the reason?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Please teach me. No kidding .... Please

After purchasing my CG-125, you dont have any idea How much articles i've read & how much i've practiced inorder to get the maximum driving experience i could get. Which includes, Accelerating keeping in view the engine RPMs & bHP, Braking Normally, Braking Hard, Braking Around Corners, Emergency Braking, Cornering, Which Tyre to Choose, Why tyre Tread is Important, How NOT to speed/accelerate an engine, About Engine Oils, ... etc etc
    There are still more that i can't think of right now.

You can see that i concentrated More on BRAKING than other things. That is because i still dont know how to brake. Probably reason might be the shitty Drum Brakes of CG-125, or No Traction etc
    Even rode Deluxe & Piaggio, Disc Braking is certainly not easy, require a person to remain focus all the time.
    So much time, and i still fear to take the bike above 100km/h ... not that i can't do it ... just afraid to do so.

Anyway ... I would still love to hear some more if someone is ready to teach or give lessons.
    You have to be very VERY VERY FOCUSED at all times when on a bike, be it brakes, acceleration, stop etc.

A very easy way to learn braking a bike efficiently is to use your arm and thigh muscles to control your body when stopping a bike (in any vehicle be it bike, car, truck etc the front brakes will stop you not rear, the rear will only keep the vehicle in balance)

when applying the brake you should hold your bike that you do not move on the saddle, Always keep 1 or 2 fingers on your front brake ready for action - only use your finger joint pressure to use the front disc lever - do not use your all your fingers at once.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    You have to be very VERY VERY FOCUSED at all times when on a bike, be it brakes, acceleration, stop etc.

A very easy way to learn braking a bike efficiently is to use your arm and thigh muscles to control your body when stopping a bike (in any vehicle be it bike, car, truck etc the front brakes will stop you not rear, the rear will only keep the vehicle in balance)

when applying the brake you should hold your bike that you do not move on the saddle, Always keep 1 or 2 fingers on your front brake ready for action - only use your finger joint pressure to use the front disc lever - do not use your all your fingers at once.
    I am sorry for saying this, but this post is a disappointment for me. Not discouraging you in any way whatsoever. But i already know these things. For Drum Brakes, the best way is Pumping Method .. you know, One Pump ... 2nd Pump ... 3Rd Pump HARD & Constant Pressure ... and there you go ... bike will stop just the way it should even if you are above 100km/h.
    For discs, Two Finger Method ... you can still apply pumping method here. Using Two Fingers only will help you maintain your Fingers' Pressure on Brake Lever ... ESPECIALLY if you are not focused ... but as it had already become your common braking method, you will still use only two fingers to brake Unconsciously.

Terribly sorry if it offends you. But i think its becoming more clear to me that i already know the things i need ... which is a sign of relief.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Xulfiqar: As someone just starting out on the road to learning to ride a motorcycle, I found your posts quite helpful. Thank you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    @xulfiqar
    whenever i apply disc on a slippery road( some old roads are slippery as u know) my rear tyre skids to left , no matter how much care i take , even on slow speed, what can be the reason?
    Apparently the alignment for rear wheel is not set. Please have your mechanic look at it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Apparently the alignment for rear wheel is not set. Please have your mechanic look at it.
    i aligned it frm the mechanic and also myself checked the wheel notches on both sides ,which shows that wheel is apparently alligned , however it can also be something else

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It could easily be your brakes because I had this issue with my car veering to the left when braking and it was a rear wheel brake issue.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no offense taken - good to know that you know your riding.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey...sorry to be off topic here. But any Deluxe rider interested for a mini meet?

Details:

experience of ((((((((((CG 125 DELUXE))))))))))))) - 156756 honda cg125 deluxe mini meet rwp isb
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...i-meet-rwp-isb
    Rollin' on a hundred chromed spokes

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm using cg 125 for an year now.
    My uni. Is near thoker and I live in wapda town. The road that I have to use is smooth and without signals for 7km so I have to drive fast , cuz on slow speed it gets really boring . The bike is still smooth and without extra noise, despite its speed is above 80km/h for 7km daily.but my friend bought deluxe and his bike all plastic parts do Khar kharr after 6 months . And I also see other people deluxe after an year or 2 . It gets all messed up. And its parts make noises . I don't think this bike worth morethen 1lak. And here people are saying deluxe is faster in long run ..... can u people explain how much time and road it need to even touch 120km/h . Cuz I don't think that its even possible for it to go over 110. I think Honda is giving faulty meters , so there customers stay happy by reaching 125km/h on its metre . many people I know are disappointed by new deluxe. I don't say cg is batter then deluxe, all those gadgets do matter . But saying its performance is batter then cg ....... then that's bullpoo.

Well on my research its not best local bike at all. And its price is rubbish .
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Meeteepao View Post
    Hey...sorry to be off topic here. But any Deluxe rider interested for a mini meet?

Details:

experience of ((((((((((CG 125 DELUXE))))))))))))) - 156756 honda cg125 deluxe mini meet rwp isb
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/get...i-meet-rwp-isb
    Welll sounds interesting, now lets see who ll join to this group. Nice effort

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haseeb114 View Post
    I'm using cg 125 for an year now.
    My uni. Is near thoker and I live in wapda town. The road that I have to use is smooth and without signals for 7km so I have to drive fast , cuz on slow speed it gets really boring . The bike is still smooth and without extra noise, despite its speed is above 80km/h for 7km daily.but my friend bought deluxe and his bike all plastic parts do Khar kharr after 6 months . And I also see other people deluxe after an year or 2 . It gets all messed up. And its parts make noises . I don't think this bike worth morethen 1lak. And here people are saying deluxe is faster in long run ..... can u people explain how much time and road it need to even touch 120km/h . Cuz I don't think that its even possible for it to go over 110. I think Honda is giving faulty meters , so there customers stay happy by reaching 125km/h on its metre . many people I know are disappointed by new deluxe. I don't say cg is batter then deluxe, all those gadgets do matter . But saying its performance is batter then cg ....... then that's bullpoo.

Well on my research its not best local bike at all. And its price is rubbish .
    I bought my Deluxe in 2006, on cash from the showroom. To date it mileage is about to reach 28,000. As far as the khar khar of plastic parts you've mentioned, I've seen many Deluxes in Lahore, Pindi and in Islamabad in such a terrible state - I feel sorry for them. And its not the bike, its the owners, they are careless.

If you happen to check my bike out - honestly you wont believe that its turning 5 years old now. I've had the pleasure of meeting Tabi_Hawk few days ago, he's a witness. And I have had zero problems with it, be it body issues or engine issues.

As far as the performance is related, it does reach to 120kms/hr - for that you need to do some light touch ups, I agree. But please dont undermine the quality of the bike...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As far as the performance is related, it does reach to 120kms/hr - for that you need to do some light touch ups, I agree.
    what sort of touch ups are u refering to ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Mixture Settings
    Tappets Adjustments

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For me it was larger sprockets, high octane fuel and a well lubricated chain bro

There are some people whose bikes have managed to reach 120kms/hr on stock settings. Maybe they weigh less than me - I weigh 85Kgs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@meetepao
    u r rite weight of da machine n rider does mater. Like as its winter these days, and U ve 2 wear extra clothing which can hinder in ur speed, i m also 80+ n é extra clothing its dificult. As far as sprokts r concernd, b very careful in selecting them, i ll recomend 16 tooth front sprokt bt it ll nt increase ur top speed 2 significant difrnce, bt thts 4 sure tht ur bike ll gain pick n also thre ll b les vibration

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tabi_hawk View Post
    @meetepao
    u r rite weight of da machine n rider does mater. Like as its winter these days, and U ve 2 wear extra clothing which can hinder in ur speed, i m also 80+ n é extra clothing its dificult. As far as sprokts r concernd, b very careful in selecting them, i ll recomend 16 tooth front sprokt bt it ll nt increase ur top speed 2 significant difrnce, bt thts 4 sure tht ur bike ll gain pick n also thre ll b les vibration
    Yes, I had 16 teethed front sprockets fixed in. It worked great for me - but the bike couldnt climb up Pir Sohawa on it .. even in the first gear lol.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes, I had 16 teethed front sprockets fixed in. It worked great for me - but the bike couldnt climb up Pir Sohawa on it .. even in the first gear lol.

well speed has a price to pay i believe , and to me stock is the best

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers