0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default MotoGP 2007 season!!

i was wondering if there are any MOTOGP freaks out here like me...?? if there are, i thought we should exchange our ideas abt the grand prixs...i request the admin if we receive a reasonable number of replies in this topic, plz make it STICKY as the season lasts till November...
    Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The essence of racing is the variety of potential winners.

Sunday's race was one of those great races where virgin front runners like Sylvan Guintoli also lead the race.

It was great to watch Randy DePuniet leading his home race and heartbreaking to see his slicks could only provide so much grip.
    Especially when the rain came down hard.

Vermeulen played a very strategic race and changed to rain-slicks early, running consistently fast laps and securing a deserving win!!

I have always felt Hopkins's race distance strategy is usually incomplete.

Vermeulen has less experience on the GSVR than Hopkins but has scored more podiums than the entire MOTOGP career of Hopkins.

Nicky is a Dirt-Tracker by trade and is very comfortable sliding his bike. Dani grew up racing 2 strokes which dont like to slide very much.

So, in the wet Nicky is stronger. Of course too much sliding in the rain will usually put you on the ground.

I felt bad for Nicky as he was running a great race pace.

Rossi played it smart since a top 10 finish will give you points but a very fast race pace will risk a crash.
    No points if you crash

Biggest disappointment was Colin Edwards.
    From pole to DNF.

Hope his luck changes at Laguna Seca.

I wish him well. Again

(Click below)

http://picasaweb.google.com/demha.beznahej/CanonSD55002/photo#5066922607052116530

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ah mugello :d...return of ROSSI ...it was an awesome race by him ...he dropped down to the 9th position but recovered beautifully pushing down ducatis and hondas down the order...simply great...and he did it 6th time in a row ...a new record ...a brave seconed for the young pedrosa...and the third place went to...non other than the great ALEX BARROS who's battle with the championship leader was nothing short than ww3 the battle of the ducatis

a very intresting and thrilling 250cc as well...horge lorenzo started from 20th on the grid and was in top 5 within 2 or 3 laps...but alot of controversies...lorenzo chopping of the left exhaust of the KTM machine forcing them to retire...and then in the end the great but controversial move(which i think was fine) of alvaro bautista over taking lorenzo and forcing him onto the gravel to take win...lorenzo finished in 8th despite the crash...over all a great day at motogp
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yeh it was great one by rossi...as well as by pedrosa....u know wut?? pedrosa could win this GP ...it was clear on straights that honda had horse power advantage over that stupid yamaha...if pedrosa had a little more skills, it would not be a problem
    btw i was feeling quite a pity on john hopkins...he is a great fighter...but his bad luck that he was in between two monster ducatis of stoner and barros....but stil i'd say great race by him to hang on 5th place

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

forget the 125s...forget the 250s...it was all about those 800cc monsters

its my birthday and boy did i get a birthday gift from the MOTOGP ...i mean...damnnnnnnn....rossi...stoner...pedrosa

it doesnt get better than that...the top three finishers were seprated by just 0.300 secs ...casey stoner stood tall against all offensive moves of the DOCTOR...dany pedrosa came close on some occasion but was just overwhelmed by the power of the ducati of stoner...the experience of rossi and the tension of the situation...but man it was the race of the season...doesnt get better than that

a good ride by hopkins for 4th and man...hats of to randy de puniet for 5th position as he was riding with a broken collar bone and an injured knee

here are the positions

1.ducati-stoner
    2.yamaha-rossi
    3.honda-pedrosa
    4.hopkins-suzuki
    5.randy de puniet-kawasaki

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it was an awesome race....great battle till the last lap of the race...it was really fun to watch it....rossi , on one side very much fighting....stoner on the other side having a OVER POWER advantage...and dani hanging on with these two and sometimes to trying to get on the inside....INSANE man!!! hopkins had a good one too and managed to secure forth....randy de puniet also performed well..
    in fact this race was the most sensational of all...

and let me tell u ppl one thing more...in the last 13 Gps of motogp (including gps of last season), no pole position rider has managed to win the race...isnt it strange?

NEXT GP : 24 June at Donington Park , Great Britain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Indeed an awesome race!

Stoner is riding so well nothing short of a parts failure could stop his determination. Even Rossi conceded the speed of Stoner, such is the respect by the World Champion for Stoner.

All three rode as hard as their setups and tires would allow and all three rode with a healthy margin from each other to avoid crashing.

Randy's confidence from leading at his home race (Le Mans) has culminated in the incredible second place in qualifying and an equally awesome 5th place in the race.

As the Kawasaki engineers have told the press earlier, the ZX-RR is no longer the 'Bheegee Billi' of the MOTOGP machinery.

Hopefully, this means at least a podium for Randy or Jacque, sometime soon.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a thing i'd like to add here is that suzuki has worked well these recent years...now they just dont want to finish the race...they are trying to reach the podiums as well...the veteren JOHN HOPKINS and they yopung chris vermuelen have enuf skills to get to the top...great for for suzuki as well

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

donington park...i hate that circuit...rains everytime...
    a rain hit motogp made me turn the channel...however i kept in check the positions...im highly inspired by the kawasaki new find ADAM WEST...man that guy rode the machine fast...he rides like that continously and he'll be there on the podium in no time...dissapointing fourth for rossi...lovely work by chris vermuelen...its great to see that suzukis arent just looking to finish but they are looking for podium finishes...

now for Mr.Edwards...man that guy is unlucky...the michellen setups of the yamahas was over run by the bridgestones of the ducati ridden by casey stoner...casey stoner proved some critics wrong that its not the power of ducati but the skill of rider as well...good result for him...but i feel heartily sorry for collin edwards as he deserves to win a MOTOGP race...

1.Casey Stoner- Ducati
    2.Collin Edwards- Yamaha
    3.Chris Vermuelen- Suzuki

(all of the three names start with C )

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a great improvement from Chris Suzuki i must say....but what happend to Rosi @4th position ??? deserve to be at the top !
    Make no mistake between my personality & my attitude...My personality is who I'm, my attitude depends on who u r.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Love it when it rains!

Even semi-privateer efforts can run at the front, like Sylvain Guintoli.

Anthony West was amazing to watch and equally amazing to see it throw it away.
    At least he has the confidence to run at the front.

Only a matter of experience before he can start getting near the top 5 in the dry as well.

Casey and Ducati are a fierce combination. I feel bad for Loris Capirossi who will now surely lose his seat on the Ducati, next season.

As for Colin, it's about time he won a race. Second place will boost his confidence and maybe lat year's bad luck will turn into a win at Assen this Saturday.

Can't wait for the next round at Laguna. Will Rossi finally get a win there or will Stoner beat them all? We’ll see.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the way, this race proved that Bridgestone has a better Rain tire than Michelin.

If Michelin does not counter with an equally impressive tire, Rossi may not be world champion this year.

Which is great because domination is boring

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

rossi wasnt the world champ last year as well

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As much as I admire Rossi's incredible and supremely motivated riding ability, as a local club-racer myself, I don't like consistent domination.
    This not only demoralizes the others riders but, as a spectator, becomes boring and routine like to watch.

That being said, I feel sorry for Toni Elias, who broke his Femur recently and may even have some serious spine damage.
    Taking him out of the Rossi challenge for at least 10 months.

He is the one of the few riders in the world who have beaten Rossi in a straight fight.

And btw, it’s common knowledge as to who 'lost' the championship last year, rather than who 'won' it

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

man ...i got lucky today...i was watching CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK on a pvt cable channel...and turned to 10 sports for a quicky...and WHAT...MOTO GP (ASSEN) LIVE ?:|

for a moment i thought it was the old one...but wait...it wasnt...hell of a surprise it was...

and check the timings...right on the warm up lap of moto gp...missed the 125s and 250s...

it appeared chris vermuelen was on pole...bad luck for him as he colided with randy de puniet...casey stoner wanted to break away but was followed by the suzuki HOPPER (hopkins)...but wait wats this...he is followed by the two REPSOL HONDAS...two of them together:|...

anyways they went on and on ...but whats that pink yellow blue and white thing who started the race from 11th(4th row)eating up the positions ...yes..non other than the GREAT VALENTINO ROSSI...he just rode with one purpose...get that 20 year old of the first place

rossi moved up the order and finally was right on the rear tyre of casey stoner...i must give stoner the credit that he wasnt intimidated by the pressure THE DOCTOR was putting on his shoulders...but eventually he was taken over by ROSSI...who then didnt look back..and went on winning the race with a huge margin of over 1.2 secs

now for mr hayden...lovely to see him back on the podium...it seemd that his honda was working fine for today...good luck to him

1.Valentino Rossi- Yamaha
    2.Casey Stoner- Ducati
    3.Nicky Hayden- Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

indeed it was a great race....rossi, as most of the times, did a great job....moved from 12 (at one time) to 1st ....simply awesome.....yes we should appreciate the 21 year old stoner more than rossi....coz we all know rossi, hes doctor and hell lot of experienced than others...but look at casey....i mean he never lost hope and showed great temperament through the whole race....

John Hopkins was quite good in the beginning....got 2nd for few laps from 5th on the grid.... yaar i dont like one thing abt him....he takes a great start...in fat the best in the whole class sometimes....but when he loses one position, he starts losing them in a row....wuts this?? he should have fought at least for the last step of the podium....

3rd goes to nicky....well surprised but good to see the kentucky kid back on podium....but believe me i never ever expect him to come on podium again

NEXT GP on 15th July in Sachensering (Germany)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Classic Rossi at Assen!
    When tires are not a huge factor, he strikes for the only target that matters. Number 1.
    Very strategic of him to not use his tires up trying to turn ultra fast lap times in the beginnning of the race to catch the leaders, only to lose grip at the end, when he needed it most.

Casey also showed a mature strategy by settling for 20 points and not risking it for another 5.

Nicky needed this podium spot as his home race is coming up and so far he has been undefeated.

Should be good fun to watch as Rossi may have an even stronger determination to win at the current World Champion's home soil.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its quite a shocker....just read at motogp....

Hopkins to leave SUZUKI for Kawasaki at the end of this month....i mean wut the hell?? hopkins just brought up driving suzuki....he should leave it like that ....and just then when he is on a position he has never attained in his whole career....

may be suzuki aims to get a more mature rider next season,...vermeulen's contract also finishes this year, and he might leave as well....

here u can have the details

http://www.motogp.com/en/motogp/motogp_news.htm?menu=news&news_id=20360&championship_id=3&section=1

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sachsenberg grandprix

125s and 250cc were dominated by the KTMs....specially the 250cc...a steady ride by both of the ktm riders hiroshi aayoama (pardon my japanese spells ) and mika kalio lead them to a 1 and 2 podium positions ...and a dissapointing 3rd for alex de angelis who lead the race till the last corner of the last lap

as for motogp...i stopped watching it after rossi crashed (die hard rossi fan) ...but later at the end found out that pedrosa won...and stoner finished 5th (some consolation for me)..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sachsenring is a riders track and Dani was the rider on that day.

Incredible race pace from Dani and it seems he picked the right tire combination.

All three riders on the podium seemed to have made the correct tire choices. Loris was running Bridgestones and was sliding his rear tire more than Dani or Nicky, who were on Michelins.

Nicky's ride seemed impressive because he was very motivated to get a good result for his upcoming home race. This third place will give him the momentum and confidence he needs at Laguna.

Poor Valentino!
    He seemed genuinely depressed after falling. Usually he takes his helmet off in the garage but this time he was discussing his troubles with his helmet still on.
    Maybe out of dejection or embarrassment

Sachsenring is a very tough track to make crazy passes on and that pass was a bit too much for his Yamaha's track clearance. He grounded the right case cover, which lifted one or both wheels off the ground.

Bring on Laguna!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a bad luck for rossi....but a good luck for many others..
    this race depended totally on the tire choices....and infact michellins did well in this race than bridgestones...Bridgestone tires started to worn out in the last few laps due to intense track temperatures , almost 55c....

Laguna will be fun to watch....the hometown for Hopper (hopkins), Texas Tornado (Collin Edwards) and the Kentuckian (Nicky Hayden)....dont forget the rivalry of casey and rossi....aaaahhhh cant wait for the coming sunday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List