0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Suzuki - Disapointment

I have just came back today from suzuki showroom here at University Road Karachi... I had been planning for alost two years to get my own GS150 that i always dreamed about.. and at last i booked it... and on the day of the delivery which as usual was late 2 days i got there to claim my bike... and there she was standing... as i got closer i got excited... the mechanic wanted me to check the physical condition of the bike and started the bike.. it sounded perfect... but then suddently one of the head bold popped up and out came the shower of oil... i was just shocked... likewise other guys standing there making their mind about the bike.. and the sales guy and mechanic reacted like it is nothing to worry about and happens all the time... okay it could be ... but then came the engineer with a nose pliers (nose plaas) and started twisting the head bolt... imagine my new bike infront of my and they are giving it a butcher treatment right infront of my eyes... i was shocked... i asked the sales guy he said dont worry we will get the whole thing fixed.. come tomorrow and everything will be fine... the second day i came.. there was my GS150 standing... i get close for a closer look and another shock... it was looking like a second hand bike.. with rusted bolts and a dent in front bumper.. pluse the front tire was flat.... i was sooooooo shocked to see this and could not find the words to get even with the sales guy... i called my brother who is also in sales and know better how to deal with these kind of situations... he got there and looked at the bike's condition.. he scolded the sales person who was standing there convicing us to sign "three claims" even before the bike has been delivered.... and after such a qurrell we decided to cancel our deal.. i was sooo disapointed not only that i wont be getting my dream bike but also that us pakistani's we are only given the task of assembling the branded machine and we could not fix the blots in a new 82,000 rs worth of bike right... and on top of that the behaviour that they keep under the suzuki logo.. i feel ashamed for ourselves.... this is not the first time this has happened before my friend got 110 cc bike and when he recieved it and brought it home it has spilled all the engine oil on the way home... and he had to get it to a shop to get the losen screws of the gengine tightened.... so this is to all my brothers who will be going to purchace bikes from there.. be ware of what they give u and dont sign anything before seeing the actual thing, as they will show u the bike after they have signed the recieve from you... so be careful.. i will be filing in an official complaint at the Suzuki Pakistan Company.. inshallah soon as to further prevent such a good brand name to creat such a bad impression on the buyers and the industry. Sugession: Since Honda has decreased the price in their products as well as quality... Suzuki is the only option logical enough that we have and if the Suzuki guys wont take drastic measures towards mishaps like these they will lose even the little market they have in pakistan against all the big arrivals like honda, yamaha etc. I m sorry if i have hurt someone due to my frustration but right now i m heart broken and wont look at my favourite bike GS150 again the same way... Allah hafiz

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Shehzie

Shehzie bhai really sad to read this, if it happns ..
    but still i think u can blame on local staff not on SUZUKI Company, i have 110 Flash (2002), and im still having good results from my bike....solid bike..

by the way...if these incidents are correct; then a new point comes which like every karachi boy says tht GS is nothing in front of Honda..So i think its not failure of GS or Suzuki...its only fault of local Karachi mechanics which dont know nothing and provide third quality service to thier customer..

Shehzie bro believe me whn i read stuff like that GS or Suzuki is worst and third class bike ..etc..etc.(by khi boys) ...upon this evry time i thought and tried to point out its reason..but today u pointed out the actual issue..
    any way..its not suzuki's fault..shuld be blame on showroom management..
    ALLAH is my best friend...!!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sad yar
    * If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons...!? * -Y[z]R-

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ alone_munda

brother yours (SD 110) is a complete japanese bike I still regret that i couldnt buy it when it was out in the market.(was short of money at that time).

You wont beleive the way paint of GS 150 came off. My cousin was really disappoited with that. its Main stand's paint was coming off like whitewash comes off the walls. how come a 7 month old bike be like that. The fact is that its finish done locally is nothing more than a crap, even pakhero is doing better than that.

The things most amazing in that bike was its engine and its suspension unbleivably smooth (but mind that these things are most probably imported from japan.

suzuki company is more responsible coz they are getting the most advanced technology in shape of engines from japan and in overall performance they are ruining it... an unforgivable act. You have SD 110 compare its back light to a GS 125 or 150 (topline models of suzuki). back light of SD 110 is a beautiful thing, couldnt suzuki take that light for 125 and 150? i have already posted the pics of wiring of a GS 150 you can see carelessness in these wires hanging all the way.

sorry if i sounded sarcastic, but couldnt help it. enjoy your SD 110 (the most beautiful, efficient and perfect thing offered by suzuki in pakistan)
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^
    totally agree with adil

the SD-110 was a realy beauty...if kept properly tuned...that bike is a reallllll missile (Y)
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it gives lesson to every body that what kind of quality control department manufacturers have and think 2000 times to buy pakistani made machinery first
    See my updated postings for Houston Auto Show at http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!95584~ForumID!17~pw.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adil bro ur 100% right, i m now into 110 myself more than 150... one thing abt the pain tht i also forgot to metion is that the sales person said that the black model of suzuki only consist of one coat of black paint on the tank, side covers etc, but the red model has a silver coating to lighten up the red color first then red is painted... so red bikes have two coats of color that is an advantage but even as they have put 1000 rs discount on cash for red 150 againts no discount on black 150, people are into black more... and also there is a discount of 3000 rs if u buy a red GS125 on cash... so guys inshallah i b getting to get CG125 or sprinter 110, that inshallah wont bug me for the first few years..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wise choice shehzie, good luck with yr purchase.
    do upload yr ride pictures when u get it.may ALLAH be with u all the way.

rgds
    Help others so that u can be Helped

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Blessings to all you brothers too.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shezie

sorry to bother you again, but my recommendation is to wait for a while if you are going for GS 125, in lahore all Suzuki showrooms are not having GS series these days. there are many rumors going. I dont want you to start getting worried abour rumors but i think suzuki is upto something right now, may be they are updating their bikes. Why not wait for a while and see what they have in their pocket.
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sorry to see u being hurt by a new bike. Pakistan car manufacturers are looters.
    Dr Mansoor

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adil brother, there certainly is a change going on all over suzuki showrooms and this is not a change in their machines (or could be, i m not sure), but there is a change going on in managment posts... so they are much worried about their jobs rather providing good services to the customer... i was told by the sales person that now a days there would be major managment changes in suzuki, changing of posts or rules .. that everyone is a bit scared and are not acting professionally... on the other hand, i hope ur right that there would be changes in their bikes cos they sure need them, i hope that is true so there should be better production lineup of bikes.. lets hope.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GOOD NEWS!!!!!

Okay i think its good news for people now b buying suzuki... and bad for the ones who have just got their's.

Suzuki has just reviced their GS 125 and GS 150 bike's prices. with 9,200 Rs of discount on GS 125 and 6,800 on GS 150....

The good news is that this price will be for the new model which has not arrieved in showrooms here in karachi yet but sales person told me that it has enhanced features...

1. Crystal Front Light.
    2. Diffrent design of fuel tank.
    3. Changed back light.
    4. Revised CDI system.

I think that most of the setbacks in GS 150 manufacture have been covered by these new models by suzuki...

i m really happy as this was the maslihat... i cant wait to get my bum to abkar road now...

Blessing to all..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Adil brother you were right... thanks for the advice.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its my pleasure man, no thanks needed. Do show us the snaps of new model as soon as you detect it.

regards
    (i love pakistan)
    adil_dar@hotmail.com

Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    Post(s)
    Tagged
    Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shehzie do update us when you get ur newer model.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i b going tomorrow inshallah to book one.. and if they are at showroom then i will take some snaps... cos it would be a long and tough time to wait for delivery ... i cant wait.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shehzie:

Yesterday i purchased GS 125 model 2006, milage 36000 km, good conidtion, black colour, for only Rs. 28,000/-. Whereas in market it costing only for 22K to 24K... amazin.

Anyhow its nice bike with 45Km/L average and still tested maximum speed of 110 Km/H (may be a bit more).

I suggest, if u want to purchase GS 125 or GS 150 then try a second hand bike to reduce the risk of deficit at the time of resale.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@aik toon a mila lol
    bro look at the last post oct 2007
    2 years hv passed that guy wud hv bought
    and even sold of the bike lolz

anyways are u serious that u bought gs125 for 28 k and 2007 model!

i want a used gd 150 and everyone says it wont be cheaper than 55 for a 2006 model

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@2559922

Let me correct u

It shudnt be more than of 42 K PKR
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes i had bought gs150 in October 2007, the new BFI model, and yet after almost two years and 13000 km, i have n offer of 60k, as new bike now costing 91k (81k showroom price and 10k to get it on the road, office charges, insurance, registration, taxes etc.

By the way my post was GS120/150 new models which i cant see on the site anymore though partial posts of mine have been continued.. i wonder why..

I m very happy with my GS and never ever had slightest regret tht i bought it this expensive. i m still riding it and will be modifying its front drug with disc brake in a few days inshallah as the rear 400 x 18 tyre has made the bike heavy and it now definately require a disc brake.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List