0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Boys & Toys

What is it with cars that fascinates us so much?? well, everybody must have different reasons. But as a pshycology enthusiaste, i know that there is always a reason for reasons. Thus, i set about to contemplate about the universal fascination of us, Men, with cars.
    The first thing that struck me was that different guys had different inclinations. For some of us, its cars. for others bikes, even cycle-bikes, skate-boards, horses etc. etc.... and thats when i realised it.
    Ofcourse, horses. Men have always wanted something fast, faster than the other guy. its a basic human instinct. a guy who has a better, faster, more powerful car is respected by his peers. it is in our nature to respect power. when you drive a car, u r controlling the power of that car, that engine to be more specific. and thats what thrills us. The realization that we r in command, we have power over the thing we drive.
    Our forefathers had, in place of cars, horses. the "in" guys had the fastest, the most well-bred horses. Similarly, the "in" guys , nowadays have the fastest, the most expensive cars.. see the connection. cars are'nt pop-culture. Infact, they r a rebellion against any type of culture. the fullfil our most intimate desires of taking our lives to the extreme. the society pressures us... but when the pedal hits the metal. u forget everything.. i mean it. everything... Ur family, ur wife/girlfriend, ur responsibilties, ur duties.... u have a singular concentration. u want speed... it is the need for the speed. and cars succumb to this desire of ours.
    i always wondered why someone would spend ridicolous amount of money on cars. but now i understand. i have been there. how it feels to take the R.P.M to 7000...and then even higher. When u stop, u will see life in a more mature way. things will start to matter less... Nicolas cage ( yes, the actor ) once said. " if u wanna kill ur self, just take ur car to 160 MPH and then u`ll c how beautifull life."
    We r big boys. and we have big toys. our toys are our cars... HAVE FUN. and feel free to comment.

Please, i don`t want mad driving on our already mad roads in Pakistan. these r just my views.

King yuma, Raja yuma..
    Za da road Badshah yuma....

As seen on the back of a rickshaw!!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well, excuse my french! Once a friend of mine told me that if Sigmund Freud would have to psyche todays cars he would have said this. A mens car is an extension of his *****, bigger the car bigger the *****. I thought this was funny So pls apologise in advance if you did not like it.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yo man. i dont mind at all. wat u said exactky reflects wat i said.. and freud was a sick *** :-)
    King yuma, Raja yuma..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Freud was an asswipe and stuttering idiot at best. Mens facination with the automobile has nothing to do their linear representation of their horzontal inclinations but there's always exceptions to the rule, we have the english language to demostrate that sufficently. There was this interesting piece someone once told me. Its about a Chicken and a Donkey how are the best of plutonic mates. One day the donkey, who's in the proverbial pits is wandering the woods refelcting on his current predicament and the a method to rid it. In his absent -minded state, he tubles down a ditch. Now he brays and brays but to no avail. Finally after a considerable while, his more upclass chicken friend passes by in her Lambo Barchetta and ears he friends cries. She quickly gets the stuff out and "tows" the donkey outta the ditch. TO cut a long story short, the same predicament befalls the Chicken and the donkey happens to pass by. Upon hearing his friends cried he approaches, analysis the situation and promptly chucks his willy into the ditch which the chicken duly grabs and crwals to safty.
    Moral: If you're hung like a donkey, you don't need fancy cars to pull chicks"

Besides i would disagree with Chiras. I've been competing more or less professionally for quite some time now. Started out with the street and eventually to the track. My obligations to my wife and kid come first and foremost and have never taken a back seat. So don't mix the exceptions with the rule!
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I guess you have not heard the saying "Grass is always greener on the other side" No matter how long of a ******* a person has, he always the other guys is longer.

FLi-GTi Salute your dedication to your Wife and kids keep it up, I think nothing should came in b/w you and your kids. Hey got my car Dynoed today wait till I show you the sheet.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

How many horses and in what gear. I anxiously await it.
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| C2G - GARAGE | SHOP | TUNE +92 346 8776643 |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It gave a reading of 436whp and 445lbs/ft torque these results wear achieved in 4th gear. We tested it in the third gear in the first run but I have no idea why the guy sad he was hearing detonation. I have heard detonation before in my car and there was no detonation. He wanted to tune the car for me for a fee and I told him no, I think I pissed him off (what to expect from a Gora Australian) Anyway he was like you are risking this and that, I just told him just dyno it and give me the sheet. I am happy with th results but I think there is more on tap, and this was an half hearted test. I try a new place in a month as soon as they get their dyno fixed. So what you say man! I am all smiles!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got videos too of the dyno!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yo man Fli_ u know wat. i respect u the most on this forum because of ur unparralel car-knowledge. i can understand when u say u r dedicated to ur family.... u r a stand-up guy. but my opinion is (which can be wrong) that racing gives u satisfaction... putting one`s life in danger just puts the rest of our lives in perspective..
    the more u value life, the more u`ll love the people around u...and u value life when its on a thin razors edge!! An uncle of mine is a GDP pilot. flies f-16s ..and he says that he chooses cars for safety.. think about it, might not make much sense..hehehe.
    When adrenaline rushes, the only thing that matters is speed!!... but now thats just stupid right..
    King yuma, Raja yuma..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I never knew you were in Australia? I was under the impression that you were in the MId-East. What State do you reside in. If you're in Melbourne, i could recommend some good places to get her dynoed. Good result non-theless. What RON did you use for the result. and post the video mate! Poste Haste!

@Chiras.
    Thankyou for the comliment but when you say racing gives one saticsfaction you kinda confuse me by saying that in the instance of racing/motorsports we endanger our life to achieve it hence clearing our perspectives. But tell me, isn't satisfaction what we crave in ALL aspects of our life for instance work, finances, marital affairs social buildup. Recklessness and loss of perspective can be caused by other factors and not merely by the sport itself.
    Besides, Adreneline IS the most powerful drug ever so an onset of racing invokes a rush and i havn't seen anyone recite the verses from the quran while racing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@FLi-GTi
    No mate I am in the Mid-east, Dubai to be exact. I used pump gas, so it has 98 octane rating but I dont believe they use the RON to calculate. I might be wrong. The guy running the dyno is from Asutralia "Bin Saleyum Performance" They have the worst attitude. They charge you arm and leg for it and they are top secret of Dubai. They will not allow you to see your car, if they are working on it. I hate them coz they don't like the DIY modifiers. This is the only reason I am working on starting my own Dyno and went to Bin Saleyum just to get an idea how they treat customers. I did not like it a bit. The Gora asks me if the internals are stock I told him yes and he tells me he thinks the COn-rod bearings will fail if he pushed it any harder. I told him I have signed the form they provided me which says its not their responsibility if anything on the car fails during the Dyno but he still gives me excuses. OH well I did not let him bring me down, I liked what I saw coz I am close to my goal of 500whp, stock evo on the dyno is 220whp.

@Chiras
    I might be getting persoanl but dude I am a pilot too and by your uncle purchasing a safe car does not mean his profession is unsafe or he is on the razors edge. Flying has more safety involved then anything else. How many times before driving your car you check the fuel,oil,water, brake system,steering column, and etc.. Not even once, coz when it starts to produce a certain unwanted noise then you stop to check it or get it checked. But Flying on the other hand you do a preflight check and physically touch the surface of the aircraft before every flight, isn't that safety. Safety is now part of your uncles life, to him flying is not living on the edge it is just safer then driving. I would say Abraham Maslow's hierarchy of needs. We satisfy one of our need and start to look for others. Adreneline is a rush, good or bad alike it invokes a rush in all.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

itna lamba kon parhey