- The company was incorporated as Indian Motorcycle Pvt. Ltd. on 15th July. Its name was changed to Indo Suzuki Motorcycles Pvt. Ltd. and it was converted into a public limited company on 12th January, 1984. It was promoted by Mr. N. Krishnan in collaboration with Suzuki Motor Co. Ltd. Japan; Sundaram-Clayton, Ltd., a member of the Company to the extent of Rs 70 lakhs.
- The company entered into a technical know-how and assistance agreement with Suzuki Motor Co. Ltd., of Japan on 22nd September. As per the terms of the Colloboration, Suzuki agreed to furnish complete technical information and know-how, trade secrets and other data.
- All shares taken up by promoters etc. 1984
- The company received a letter of intent for the manufacture of 20,000 spark ignition operated out board motors and 30,000 internal combustion spark ignition engines upto 500cc per annum.
- 59,40,000 shares issued at par in 1984. 7,00,000 shares allotted to Sundaram Clayton, Ltd. Chennai, 70,000 shares allotted to Anusha Investments (P) Ltd. Chennai, 20,00,000 shares allotted to Suzuki Motor Co., Ltd., Japan; 2,20,000 shares allotted to employees and business associates and 29,70,000 shares offered to the public. 1985
- A new company "Lakshmi Auto Components Pvt Ltd." was incorporated for the manufacture of critical engines and transmission parts. 1986
- The company acquired the assets of the moped division from Sundaram Clayton Ltd. The cost of acquisition was met partly by rights issue of equity shares. The company subscribed to 39,20,000 equity shares of Rs.10 each of Lakshmi Auto Components Pvt Ltd, whereupon it became a subsidiary of the company.
- The name of the company was changed from Indo Suzuki Motorcycles Ltd. to TVS Suzuki Ltd with effect from 18th August.
- 154,00,000 Rights Equity shares issued at par in prop. 2:1. 1988
- The company obtained a letter of intent for expanding the capacity to 4,00,000 Nos. two wheelers. 1989
- The working was adversely affected due to labour unrest which resulted in a lock-out from 28th February 1990. The lock out was lifted in the second week of June 1990. 1990
- The company launched a 34cc miniped to take advantage of the Motor Vehicle Act that exempts such vehicles from the payment of road tax. The Company worked for only 10 months due to lock-out. 1991
- The technical aid agreement entered into with Suzuki Motor Co., Japan which expired in August 1991 was extended for three more years with the approval of the Government of India.
- The Company launched two new models of motor cycles viz. `Sumurai' and `Shogun'.
- The Company launched a new model of moped viz. `TVS Scooty'.
- The Company was studying the feasibility of opening a second plant at a different location to meet the growth in demand for two wheelers in the near future. It also proposed to introduce upgraded version of mopeds. In addition, during the year, the Company undertook to develop new models of motorcycles.
- The company is taking steps to meet the increase in demand for its products and improve the market share.
- A statement relating to the subsidiary, M/s Lakshmi Auto Components Limited, Chennai, and a copy of its annual accounts for the year ended 31st March, 1996 are attached to the Balance Sheet pursuant to section 212 of the Companies Act, 1956.
- As per the requirements of section 217(1)(e) of the Companies Act, 1956 read with the Companies (Disclosure of Particulars in the Report of Board of Directors) Rules, 1988, the information regarding conservation of energy, technology absorption and foreign exchange earnings and outgo are given in annexure I to this report.
- TVS-Suzuki plans to set up an auto ancillary estate through joint venture with some of its existing components suppliers. The proposed project is to come up at a new 57 - acre site near TVS-Suzuki's existing plant at Hosur.
- Leading two-wheeler manufacturer in the country, TVS Suzuki, will soon set up a new 2.5 lakh capacity scooter plant in Mysore.
- TVS-Suzuki (TSL) - a joint venture between the TVS group and Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan - was the first company to launch a 100-cc motorcycle in the Indian market.
- Credit Analysis & Research Ltd (Care) has assigned the credit rating of CARE AA+ (double A plus) to the proposed non-convertible debenture issue of Rs.100 crore by TVS-Suzuki Ltd (TSL).
- TVS Suzuki is a joint venture between Saundaram Clayton Ltd. of the TVS group and Suzuki Motor Corporation, Japan.
- The company proposes to introduce kick start facility.
- TVS Suzuki Ltd (TSL), the second largest two-wheeler manufacturer in the country, will be restructuring its entire vendor-base in the next five years with the objective of creating robust vendors to meet its future expansion plans.
- TVS Suzuki Limited is officially launching its new moped model, the XL Super.
- The Rs. 100 crores non-convertible debentures of TVS-Suzuki Limited rating of AA + (high safety with higher standing) has been retained by CARE.
- TVS Suzuki Ltd, one of the leading two-wheeler manufacturers in the country, has crossed the Rs.1,000-crore turnover mark in 1997-98.
- TVS will be the first company in the country to introduce the 4 stroke scooter in the Indian market.
- TVS' new-generation state-of-the-art four-stroke scooter Spectra, of which we gave you an exclusive preview last month, was launched in spectacular fashion at the TVS Millennium Show on October 1 in New Delhi.
- TVS Suzuki Ltd on October 1 launched its new generation 4-stroke scooter `TVS Spectra' in Delhi.
- TVS Suzuki is all set to launch a scaled-down version of Spectra -- the recently launched four-stroke scooter.
- The company is set to launch Spectra on a nation-wide basis in April.
- Suzuki has indicated to the TVS group that if it did not agree to the Japanese company's acquiring a majority stake, it should allow Suzuki to set up a 100 per cent subsidiary.
- The Company, pioneers of Indo-Japanese motorcycles in the country, has launched its latest offering, Suzuki Fiero, in the Kerala market.
- The Tamil Nadu based TVS-Suzuki has launched the 150 CC four-stroke powerhouse Suzuki Fiero in Tamil Nadu, close on the heels of its launch in Rajasthan, Karnataka and Kerala.
- Two-Wheeler major, TVS-Suzuki Limited is set to create a special cell to tap the institutional segment.
- The Company proposes to relaunch its four-stroke scooter, Spectra, in July.
- Two-wheeler major TVS Suzuki is all set to cross the magic one million mark durisng the current fiscal with 12 new models lined up over the next 18 months.
- Motocycle giant, TVS Suzuki, has forged an alliance with Brand Dotcom to leverage the latter's online expertise brand building on the Net.
- TVS-Suzuki Ltd on August 30th, formally launched its indigenously developed 4-stroke motorcycle, TVS Victor, here. The price has been fixed at Rs 41,187, (ex-showroom, Chennai).
- The TVS group and Suzuki Motor Corporation September 27 parted ways from their 15-year-old joint venture with the former buying out the 25.97 per cent stake of the Japanese company for Rs 9 crore.
- TVS Motor Company Ltd has informed that the Board declared an interim dividend of Rs 9.00 per share on 2,31,00,070 equity shares of Rs 10/- each fully paid up, aggregating to Rs 231.00 million.
-TVS Motor Company has recorded a market share of 35% from motor cycles division
-K.S.Bajpai has been appointed as an Additional Director on the Board.
-TVS, Bajaj Auto and Yamaha have grabbed the market share from the country's largest motor cycle maker Hero Honda.
-The TVS victor sales has crossed 4 lakh unit mark in less than 18 months of its launch.
-TVS Motor has recorded a 31% growth in its sales.
-C V R Panikar has been appointed as Additional Director on the Board of TVS Motor Company Ltd.
-TVS Motor Company has reintroduced Fiero, inorder to compete with Bajaj Pulsar.
-TVS Motor Company Ltd has introduced its own racing bikes which Team TVS will test on the tracks in Asian Circuit.
-TVS Motor launched 4 new mobikes including a new brand 100-cc mobike called the Centra.
-TVS Motor Chairman and MD Venu Srinivasan has been selected in Business Week's Stars of Asia which covers the top 25 achievers in the continent.
-TVS Motor Company adds two new models in two-wheeler segment.
-TVS Motor ties up with State Bank of India for scooter and Motorcycle financing.
-Launches Fiero F2 and Scooty Pep models
-Board of approves the merger of engine components division of its subsidiary, Lakshmi Auto Components (LAC) with TVS Motors effective from April 2, 2003
-TVS Motor , on Jan 5 launched Centra, a 100 cc four-stroke motor cycle, with variable timing intelligent (VTI) engines, claiming to give more mileage to consumers. The Centra has bundled price, style, power along with fuel efficiency making it a fill-once-a-month bike, and it's priced at Rs.36,990. nearly Rs 100 crore investment had gone into the launch of 'Centra', including R&D, plant and machinery.
-TVS Motor Company Unveil TVS Centra With ' VT-i Engines',, a 100 CC 4 stroke motorcycle
-TVS Motor Company launched its new bike - TVS Centra - here on February 9, 2004, for the first time in the State. It is a 100-cc four-stroke motorcycle targeted at the popular segment and a Fill-it-once-a-month bike, competitively priced at Rs. 36,990. The vehicle has been launched in January in the metros and other cities and so far 8,000 vehicles had been sold in the country.
-TVS Motor Company and Union Bank of India (UBI) have announced the launch of `Union Miles Scheme,' an exclusive two-wheeler finance scheme
- TVS Motor Company (TVS) launches new 125cc, 4-stroke Victor GLX motorcycle in Chennai on May 02, 2004
-TVS Vice President resigns
-TVS Motors forges alliance with Andhra Bank
-Canara Bank, TVS Motor rolls out TVS Canmobile
-TVS picks up Asian Network for Quality award
-TVS unveils new version of 'Victor GX'
-TVS Motor Company introduced its entry-level 4-stroke motorcycle - TVS Star - in the Kerala market
-TVS rolls out Star bike in Andhra Pradesh
-TVS Motor Company launches TVS Centra VT-i, a variant of its four-stroke 100cc model TVS Centra on May 6
-TVS Motor rolls out two motorcycle variants named Victor EDGE, StaR City and Scooty Pep plus
-TVS Motor appoints new President
-TVS launches Apache in Vizag
-TVS Motor Company launched a new version of 125 cc Victor GLX with an electric start option
-TVS Motor Co, has rolled out seven new vehicles, including its first three-wheeler and a new 125 cc bike, aimed at gaining lost share in a highly competitive market.
TVS-Suzuki Samurai (1992)
TVS Apache 160 RTR (2007)
TVS Flame (2008)
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad