Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default My Bike's Rusted Tank

Hello there 2 Wheelers,

I suspect that my bike's tank has gone rusted inside. Becoze i have been facing some leakage from Carbs and a little missing and knocking while giving throttles.

Piece of advice is highly appreciated for cleaning out/draining the tank.

Moreover if you think that the leakage and missing has nothing to do with the tank's rust, educate me about it.

Thanx in anticipation
    Therez something about a hot engine between my legs that calms me down or I'll die with a HARD ON.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello Guys.....

i need some help here...
    Therez something about a hot engine between my legs that calms me down or I'll die with a HARD ON.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Which bike do you have? I guess its Suzuki as they are a bit famous for getting rusted tanks so quickly.
    Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm afraid its not Suzuki. Its Honda CBX 750

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ezaz bhai...my lil 150 has a fairly rusted tank..but still its running ok...i hear there is an acid type liquid which can remove rust from the tank...and you can drain it thru the lil tank drainage...try that...perhaps a senior member can enlighten you in the situation
    >>Time Doesnt Heal Wounds...A Kawasaki ZX-6R does <<

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@foosa
    thanx brother. Thats what i heard of too but couldn't get its name or brand. Any way my bike is running fine too. Its just that lil leakage and a lil knocking that irritates me.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

imran 's dept
    For Riding Jackets & Gloves, Armors, Saddle Bags, Knee & Elbow Guards etc: https://www.facebook.com/PbcMotorSport?fref=ts

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Some chemicals (Castic Soda) used in radiator servicing can be used for D scaling but i think its too risky bcoz the minor leakage or spil on outer side can damage the paint job. BTW one jogar which i have seen to be done by some mechanic is to dismantel the fuel tank & also remove the Fuel **** then put some peices of crush (Stone) in it & shake the tank for 10 to 15 minutes then remove crush wash the tank with water empty the tank & do the same thing again after 2~3 attempts the soft particals of rust will be removed from tank after final wash tank shud thoruhly dried by puting in in sunlight after complete driying 2~3 cycles of petrol wash shud be applied to remove resdue of iron dust.

I havnt try this my self but the most of the users i know were satisfied with this method. Hovever as per my thinking after drying the tank & before washing with petrol one cleaning cycle shud be done by using WD 40 or some other moisture removing spray.
    Exploring Machines is my Passion...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thnx imran bhayya!!!
    I really needed some concrete advice on this. But do you really think that rust may cause me carbs to leak??? Becoz at times i feel like the air intake during the throttle operation is not optimum, plus last nite i felt a lil more heat in my bike. What say you??

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ezaz

Offcourse rust in Fuel Tank can disturb float valve operation but on other hand Fuel **** is also equiped with fuel fiter which can protect the Carbs from rust. However if the tank is too rusty then u shud got clean it other wise first install an external fuel filter & observe as the rust coming wid fuel from tank can be filtered with this.

BTW if ur carbs leaking or over floading is due to rust in fuel then its not gona stop without carb cleaning even u got fix the rust problem of Fuel tank.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ imranbhatti

ahaan, well i did make a carb clean a month back. plus i did some chome work on the carbs heads as well, as this leakage was there at that time too. After cleaning the carbs and fitting, the bike went good for a couple of days, but then again it started leaking. And i clearly feel the throttle being a bit hesitating, not smooth (u know the way a 750 engine should be). Thats why i suspected that it might got some scrap in it. The fuel filter is there but still...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

There's another way of "sealing" the rust inside the tank. It's a liquid epoxy mixture that you mix and then put in the tank, then you shake the tank around swilling the mixture inside. All the excess liquid is then drained off. This mixture then hardens and turns into a plastic reservoir of sorts. I've never seen this product here, but I'm not too "in" on these kinds of things. Maybe someone else has seen this product?
    Wise men think alike and fools never disagree...

A siren is just a woman's face on the body of a Tuna...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ezaz

If you had recently got the tank filled it might be one reason of knocking as the fuel might be bad quality. I got a similar experience when I used to get the bike fuelled from a station I trusted but I learned I was wrong, I changed the filling station and all knocking was gone like horns from the donkey's head. So be sure about the fuel quality first. Ride safe!
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ezaz

I think ur bike's carbs are suffering with float adjustment problem or its float jet are weak & cant bear the presure build by gravitational force of fuel. However u have to do some experimants & obserevation before desiding that actauly wat is going wrong. Just follow these steps & update me so i can guide u to properly diagnose the fualt.

Step A: Start ur bike & observe the throttle response when u feel its giving some poor response turn the Fuel **** Off & obsereve the throttle response for next 5~10 mins. If the bike throttle response get increased after cutting off fuel & it starts deleveirng maximum power then its sure that ur bike is suffering with over floading of float valve.
    This test can also be perform while riding the bike.

Perform this test on ur bike & share us with result then i will guide u to next step Insha Allah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@imranbhatti

Im grateful for your support Imran bhayya. I applied the test to my bike both in idoling and while running.

While idle, I ignited the bike and amazingly it did not leak a single drop. No missing and hesitation while giving throttle. I checked the fuel initially, there was some but not enough. I took out the bike to an open road, but on the road it was a bit hesitating in throttle operation, not as smooth as it was in idle.

Went to refuel it, and back on the road. After hitting a mile or so, I stopped and checked the carbs and there it goes the leakage from the carbs. As well as the level of missing in throttle increased, so as the sound of of exhaust disturbed too. One thing more, I placed my hands in front of the Right exhaust, no considerable change in the sound. But when I placed my hand in front of the Left exhaust, the sound changed considerably (meaning the missing or hesitation during the throttle could be well judged when I put my hands in front of Left exhaust). Needless to mention that two carbs on the left side leaks while the other two on the right are cool.

A LITTLE BACKGROUNG:
    When I first got the carbs cleaned, I remember that my mechanic didn’t use any synchronizer to the carbs. The bike was cool for a couple of days as I mentioned in my earlier post. It was not until when I took my bike at 10 am to an open road, just to see the potential of the bike. I hit 170km from one side and it was damn cool, I mean the pick, the throttle the sound everthing. But as I took a U turn, I suddenly got this hesitating sound in the bike and then on my way back, I never got the ecstasy of the same throttle and smoothness. At home I realized the frequent flow from my carbs. That’s how It started.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ezaz

So as u already observed that the culprits are two carbs out of 4 so u need to get them synchronised first & as far as rust in fuel tank is concern i dont think that is disturbing the functionality of ur bikes carbs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

...sorry forgot to mention; Turning the fuel on or off didn't make any difference to the operation

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List