120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Yamaha RX115 Owners & Fan Club

​Hi, guys I am a great lover of yamaha rx115 bike. once i had a new YAMAHA RX115 when i used to study in fc college lhr in 1988. i had it for only two years and then my parents sold it after two years of usage that was a great bike there was no competitor of rx115 and after 20 years there is also no competitor of it. now i bought a 82 yamaha rx115 its working good. now a days there is a new bike yamaha rx135z is in market in malaysia,indonatia and thailand,they love 2 stroke bikes so why dont DYL IMPORT yamaha rxz135 from malaysia if its impossible dyl should assembled it in pakistan. i am sure if YAMAHA rxz arrive in pakistan it can burn the market and there will be no competitor of it bcoz YAMAHA RXZ is road king, I need ur suggestions plz have ur say,thanks

Yamaha RX115 Owners & FAN CLUB -572164

Yamaha RX115 Owners & FAN CLUB -412858

Yamaha RX115 Owners & FAN CLUB -412859

Attached Images Attached Images      
    ***SPEED+ACCURACY+AGGRESSION=YAMAHA RX115***

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i did not ,missed any thing like kings forum
    wo wo wo king ka chota bhai chota king
    i know that......
    welcome back, its your thread, and my pleasure, thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RX115 View Post
    ok thats good, you know rx ka engine stock carb or silencer pr hi behter perform krta ha, is engine ko koi non orig part suite hi nhi krta,
    engine sealed ha thats v nice, mera 125 wala engine bhi sealed ha jab k main dosri bike k liy 115 wala engine bna rha hon, crank k liy SKF k original bearings liy hai mainay,
    aap tyre 2.50-18 or 2.75-18 hi lgana 115 k engine pr wohi best perform karain ***
    mai bhi 115 pr yehi size lga rha hon jab k alloy rims pr jo tyre hai woh 125 k engine walay bike pr lgaon ga
    more important than the carburettor and exhaust shape is the transfer port shape - the original ones are shaped to make the mixture aim towards the centre of the piston - some exhaust spillage will occur but that gets pushed back into the cylinder at mid range load. On hand made cylinder liners the ports are not aimed at all - they are just windows into the cylinder, this can cause short circuiting of the mixture and loss of power - and a lot of engine heat up.

Originally your engine is tuned for mid range power, it provides plenty of that. If you wish to move the powerband then you have to work into the nitty grittys of 2 stroke tuning.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    more important than the carburettor and exhaust shape is the transfer port shape - the original ones are shaped to make the mixture aim towards the centre of the piston - some exhaust spillage will occur but that gets pushed back into the cylinder at mid range load. On hand made cylinder liners the ports are not aimed at all - they are just windows into the cylinder, this can cause short circuiting of the mixture and loss of power - and a lot of engine heat up.

Originally your engine is tuned for mid range power, it provides plenty of that. If you wish to move the powerband then you have to work into the nitty grittys of 2 stroke tuning.
    no doubt the original block is must needed part, without it all the clues and tricks would not get success,
    i was just telling above, regarding engine performance issues, and irs clear that performance depends on few good stock, well tuned parts, only original block cant do much if you dont have tuend length exhaust, as you said, the mixture returns to block before closing the transfer port, so it all due to tuned length of the exhaust, if we go lil further then having all stock parts but not well tuned , then those are just waste and worst,
    only the replacment of jet needle of stock carb can occur big problem to a well performed engine, @Xulfiqar Do viist here, love your sharings

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the original exhaust actually has a very nice expansion chamber on the divergent side - but a bit clumsy on the convergent side, its a commuter bike hence its not tuned for peaky acceleration. Its more mid range power - you will feel that the engine loses all power at redline all of a sudden.

The porting IMO is very necessary - in some cases I have found that the exhaust port was not fully exposed - about 1mm left on the bottom, you need to get creative with it then, raise the barrel and grind down the top to maintain CR and squish. It all works in harmony.

but - I left it in another life.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the original exhaust actually has a very nice expansion chamber on the divergent side - but a bit clumsy on the convergent side, its a commuter bike hence its not tuned for peaky acceleration. Its more mid range power - you will feel that the engine loses all power at redline all of a sudden.

The porting IMO is very necessary - in some cases I have found that the exhaust port was not fully exposed - about 1mm left on the bottom, you need to get creative with it then, raise the barrel and grind down the top to maintain CR and squish. It all works in harmony.

but - I left it in another life.
    yep true, i haave also noticed about the exhaust port, when ever i pulled up the head of any bike i initailly do check BDC & TDC an dyes you are true in some cases piston would be lil up against exhaust port,s bottom end,
    i used to install doubble gaskit under the block, but did not ever try to grind the uper portion,
    what do you say doing so how much squish band would disturb?
    mostlly i do raise the top of exhaust port by 1 to 2mm, but on single gaskit under the block
    i also feel power decreasing after 9000 rpm,s in last 2 gears
    as per my experience the best power area of stock rx would start after 6000 to 10000 rpms

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for 10,000 rpm torque in an engine like the yamaha RX - your exhaust should have a very nicely formed expansion chamber tuned for peak power and have no YEIS in the tract too. I would also be expecting to see some sort of power valve in the exhaust port.

In original tune this engine just runs out of breath at 8500 rpm, it is tuned to run best between 4000 rpm and 7000 rpm. The reeds, carb, exhaust and YEIS bottle all take care of this.

and if you are raising the cylinder barrel then you need to rework the upper portion too as the squish clearance increases which lowers compression too - low compression = loss of power. CR too high and your engine destroys itself.

The factory barrel is not very nicely finished too - sometimes the transfer ports are stepped - you need to redo them, in some cases the boost port needed some attention too - after all its a small production engine and such keen workmanship was not part of the build.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

for 10,000 rpm torque in an engine like the yamaha RX - your exhaust should have a very nicely formed expansion chamber tuned for peak power and have no YEIS in the tract too. I would also be expecting to see some sort of power valve in the exhaust port.

In original tune this engine just runs out of breath at 8500 rpm, it is tuned to run best between 4000 rpm and 7000 rpm. The reeds, carb, exhaust and YEIS bottle all take care of this.

and if you are raising the cylinder barrel then you need to rework the upper portion too as the squish clearance increases which lowers compression too - low compression = loss of power. CR too high and your engine destroys itself.

The factory barrel is not very nicely finished too - sometimes the transfer ports are stepped - you need to redo them, in some cases the boost port needed some attention too - after all its a small production engine and such keen workmanship was not part of the build.
    being a commuter bike on Pakistani road this small production engine is still working good, thats why we lil old guys are still into it, coz arbi ghora chalany k bad khachar pr koi nhi bethta, hahahhahahaha
    RX and GTO are more then enough for us for commuting,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RX115 and @Xulfiqar I heard that two strokers have less life expectancy then 4 strokers and wear out sooner, I think I learned it some where while searching for details of Suzuki RGV that it requires complete head cylinder done again as early as 10k ~15k ? If thats true then RX and GTOs must be extinct by now, because I was unable to find sound source on official Kawasaki or Suzuki that they are still providing back up of these bike...
    My question is are there 3rd party manufacturers who are keeping these machines alive or are the official company still supporting in spare parts back up ?
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    @RX115 and @Xulfiqar Yamaha RX115 Owners & Fan Club - viewpost right I heard that two strokers have less life expectancy then 4 strokers and wear out sooner, I think I learned it some where while searching for details of Suzuki RGV that it requires complete head cylinder done again as early as 10k ~15k ? If thats true then RX and GTOs must be extinct by now, because I was unable to find sound source on official Kawasaki or Suzuki that they are still providing back up of these bike...
    My question is are there 3rd party manufacturers who are keeping these machines alive or are the official company still supporting in spare parts back up ?
    yes you heard correct, if we do compare 2t with4t then wear n tear would be at up in 2t engines,
    complete engine overhauling is depends on rider behaviour, if one wont touch red line then i am quite sure his engin ecan last till 50k km on rx or gto,s.....rather rgv is much hoter ride having much rpm,s, power valves, if it would long last till 15k then i dont think so it is bad for her,
    i am quite sure you are not talking about pakistani market regarding after market parts, or original parts for these mini rockets, but if we would see the markets of Malaysia,indonesia,Bolivia and Turkey etc, then at least YAMAHA is still manufecturing RX parts,
    Yamaha Indonesia produce parts cuntry wide an dthey also bring few parts from directly Japan, you know the last RX production model was came in indonesia in 2007, so there is higher demand of its parts, beside original yamaha parts few after market brands are also in it like DAYTONA.....
    for original YAMAHA RX parts the main hub is SINGAPORE, one can buy each of original parts from there on order, i recently asked for few parts like exhaust, cdi, clutch plates and speedo meter...and i tell you every thing is available, the exhaust cost is arround 200 singapore Doller,
    in last there are still original parts of few retro bikes are being made(original and after market both)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3990 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my little RX (little is comparison as Im 6'5" and naturally larger built) never gave me problems in the engine once I overhauled it correctly, My riding was usually in the city - but I have travelled on it to other cities too.

The carburettor was only fed neat fuel - no premix
    the autolube system was working and intact - I used proper 2 stroke oil (emarat) in it.
    exhaust was original
    baffle was a clone of original which i made myself
    transmission oil was API SG SAE 20W50 - changed at 5000 kms
    genuine electronic CDI unit - with original timing curve (it advances at about 6500 rpm)
    squish at 0.7mm
    ports nicely finished by hand on genuine barrel with genuine Yamaha piston 0.50mm oversize, con rod also genuine yamaha (all bought in Karachi)
    genuine yamaha engine gasket set including oil seals
    all new SKF bearings for transmission and crank and INA needle bearings.
    crank bearing oil port refinished for proper lubrication.
    transfer ports matched and balanced
    all ports bevelled.
    reed limit 9mm
    original air filter (serviced every 5000 kms)
    crankshaft balanced by first polishing and then with dial gauge - locked with bearing lock
    crank installed by puller jig (which I cobbled together myself)

the bike was so reliable it would take exactly 1 smooth kick to start from dead cold with choke pulled out. Spark plug would never ever foul, I used to replace it in about 1.5 to 2 years - just as preventive maintenance - I think I rode it for way more than 80,000 kms without problem - in between I had to repack the clutch with new frictions once and had to change the chain and sprockets twice (kid brother would be out wheelying it.

When I sold it off to a freind - he asked ZERO questions.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my little RX (little is comparison as Im 6'5" and naturally larger built) never gave me problems in the engine once I overhauled it correctly, My riding was usually in the city - but I have travelled on it to other cities too.

The carburettor was only fed neat fuel - no premix
    the autolube system was working and intact - I used proper 2 stroke oil (emarat) in it.
    exhaust was original
    baffle was a clone of original which i made myself
    transmission oil was API SG SAE 20W50 - changed at 5000 kms
    genuine electronic CDI unit - with original timing curve (it advances at about 6500 rpm)
    squish at 0.7mm
    ports nicely finished by hand on genuine barrel with genuine Yamaha piston 0.50mm oversize, con rod also genuine yamaha (all bought in Karachi)
    genuine yamaha engine gasket set including oil seals
    all new SKF bearings for transmission and crank and INA needle bearings.
    crank bearing oil port refinished for proper lubrication.
    transfer ports matched and balanced
    all ports bevelled.
    reed limit 9mm
    original air filter (serviced every 5000 kms)
    crankshaft balanced by first polishing and then with dial gauge - locked with bearing lock
    crank installed by puller jig (which I cobbled together myself)

the bike was so reliable it would take exactly 1 smooth kick to start from dead cold with choke pulled out. Spark plug would never ever foul, I used to replace it in about 1.5 to 2 years - just as preventive maintenance - I think I rode it for way more than 80,000 kms without problem - in between I had to repack the clutch with new frictions once and had to change the chain and sprockets twice (kid brother would be out wheelying it.

When I sold it off to a freind - he asked ZERO questions.
    these are the few solid positive indications you mention above and thats why we love it and still sticked to it
    its handling, response, pleasure, joy, are still bumping with us,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default gtos n rx

on 3rd day of eid ul adha 2013

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MASHALLAH, buht aala taha, your bike is looking great in silver, RX ka alag hi nakhra nzer aa rha ha
    log kehtay hain gto khobsorat bike ha no doubt it is but wo gto ko 82 ki old rx se compare kr rahay hotay hain
    main kehta hon k agr gto ko compare krna ha to 1988 ki RX se compare karain, agr zyada nhi ha to kam bhi nhi ha
    but jo aik look is ko gto se way better dikhati ha woh is ka up lift front , colwling design, wide inducators, wide n up lifted handle,
    aap nay to khoob enjoy kia hoga pics dekh k idea ho rha ha
    bikes are looking LION agr kisi pakistan master blaster main himat ha to in kay qreeb khara ho kr hi dikha de hahahahahahha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ye hui na mazay ki baat...

I think I rode it for way more than 80,000 kms without problem -.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rx115 View Post
    mashallah, buht aala taha, your bike is looking great in silver, rx ka alag hi nakhra nzer aa rha ha
    log kehtay hain gto khobsorat bike ha no doubt it is but wo gto ko 82 ki old rx se compare kr rahay hotay hain
    main kehta hon k agr gto ko compare krna ha to 1988 ki rx se compare karain, agr zyada nhi ha to kam bhi nhi ha
    but jo aik look is ko gto se way better dikhati ha woh is ka up lift front , colwling design, wide inducators, wide n up lifted handle,
    aap nay to khoob enjoy kia hoga pics dekh k idea ho rha ha
    bikes are looking lion agr kisi pakistan master blaster main himat ha to in kay qreeb khara ho kr hi dikha de hahahahahahha

yes faheem bhai u r rite....... 1988 ki rx se gto ko compare karna chahiye aur phr log batayein k konsi zada khoobsurat hai bike... G g waqai khoob enjoy kiya hum logo ne... Jin ko sirf gto pasand thi unko meri rx dekh k rx b pasand aarahi hai...... Taareef karnay ka bht bht sukriya faheem bhai!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jab yeh pics li ja rahi thin..to log aisay jamah ho gaye thay aur ruk ruk k dekh rahay thay jaisay 1st time yeh bikes dekh rahay ho.. Koi exhibition lagi ho....... Car walay aur bike walay agay guzar k wapas aa aa k dekh rahay thay......maza agaya tha

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tahamalik007 View Post
    Jab yeh pics li ja rahi thin..to log aisay jamah ho gaye thay aur ruk ruk k dekh rahay thay jaisay 1st time yeh bikes dekh rahay ho.. Koi exhibition lagi ho....... Car walay aur bike walay agay guzar k wapas aa aa k dekh rahay thay......maza agaya tha
    yeh aaj bhi nai hi hain bhai
    jinho nay chalai nhi un k liy bhi
    or jo
    chala chukay hai un k liy bhi

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i want to buy rx100's engine
    does it comes with carb , cdi unit etc and all accessories?
    i have a chasis and i plan to build a mono shock cafe racer out of it , 11 hp is enuff to kick cee ghee one too faiv
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hot horse...

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i want to buy rx100's engine
    does it comes with carb , cdi unit etc and all accessories?
    i have a chasis and i plan to build a mono shock cafe racer out of it , 11 hp is enuff to kick cee ghee one too faiv

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hidalgo i have lower portion of rx100, without block n magnet cover, you can put 115,s block on it too beside cdi n ignition coil

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List