0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx

Guys plz share ur ideas there.as it become necessory.

@Mod plz keep it alive as its very helpfull for the purshasers of these bikes.they get info under one roof.
    Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -14674 Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -14675

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also bought honda 125 dlx euro 2....and i am lovin this bike...my cd 70 seems a ---- infornt of it...so i wanna know what is its top speed?...today me and my friend took the bike till 100km/h...i am using havoline oil....any other tips for this motorcycle?

and i really want it to be insured by insurance company...so can someone help me on this?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Assalamualaikum

Deluxe is a "long term" bike.
    Ravi Piaggio isn't that durable.
    "ALWAYS BE GOOD TO OTHERS,RESPECT ELDERS AND LOVE YOUNG ONES--ALL WILL LOVE YOU THEN."

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    those are two very conflicting statements u made their buddy. first u say u want a bike just to travel to inner city and then u say u dont like 125 coz it rattles when u are going at 110-120km/h (which is actually true, beyond 90km/h cg125 is a mission to control). but my question is why u need a bike to go that fast? in bilal gunj ur bike wouldnt be able to go beyond 30 or 40km/h. those places are so crowded. so if u r going at slow speed then cg125 wouldnt bother u.
    My friend you are absolutely right they seem contradicting but they are related to two different scenarios.
    i bought the classic cg125 because people told me its fast and comfortable and my main goal was to reach my university in time and on low budget. for that i had to go to defence road and the road i took was shaukat khanam road. Now if you have an experience of that road you may know that its a straight and wide road with very little traffic. hence i drove at that speed and sold it because i thought its better to spend more and reach safely.
    recently i have completed my studies and i'm quiet sure i will land a job within city for which i got deluxe becasue of two reasons againt classic it is good for environment and it is a little technologically advanced. For this i went for deluxe becasue of the above two reasons and because main reason against classic its ridiculously old thats it
    hope the confusion is clear on this part my brother
    let the power of youth explode

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool CG 125 is the most maneuverable bike on Pakistani roads

Yes I also Agree CG 125 normal one is an old Push rodder with carburated fuel system which is pretty shame for a company like honda.

But I like the way this old bike performs on the road :-D and because it has smaller chassis and low seating its a best choice for shorter hieghted people which is good for Pakistanis :-D, lastly its high maneuverability it has rigid straight back shock which give very strong control over high speed cuts which are not possible on STORM nor on DELUXE. those new high tech bikes are more tended to comfortable ride so they are not liked by young people or saturday night rider, one wheelers .. ask any one wheeler a best choice and you ill have the answers

Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    My friend you are absolutely right they seem contradicting but they are related to two different scenarios.
    i bought the classic cg125 because people told me its fast and comfortable and my main goal was to reach my university in time and on low budget. for that i had to go to defence road and the road i took was shaukat khanam road. Now if you have an experience of that road you may know tgically advanced. For this i went for deluxe becasue of the above two reasons and because main reason against classic its ridiculously old thats it
    hope the confusion is clear on this part my brother
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Deluxe is great for cruising, I must say. I like to drive slow and enjoy the night air.

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mirr View Post
    Deluxe is great for cruising, I must say. I like to drive slow and enjoy the night air.
    believe me bro we have the same tastes and im not saying about this post alone ive seen rest of your posts and we have the same taste anyway uploading pics after so many days as i was busy and all
    Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -215141 Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -215142 Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -215143 Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -215144 Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -215145

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@syd
    bhai u have had 125 classic and now dlx
    so tell us about the differences between the two. also i want to ask if dlx headlight is brighter than classic?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Syd Bhai! Congratulations on your bike
    Happy Riding

@syd
    bhai u have had 125 classic and now dlx
    so tell us about the differences between the two. also i want to ask if dlx headlight is brighter than classic?
    I am afraid you are asking the wrong person because he already mentioned on previous pages that CG-125 had been a crap bike for him and he also stated the reason. And now, apparently, i can conclude that the user only needs a comfortable bike and just cannot differentiate between them.

Furthermore, i laugh hard at those people who say that CG-125 is a comfortable bike loool. (not referring to syd . some other person said it. I dont remember who.)

-----------------------------
    Deluxe is a good bike. But the ONLY reason i hate it ... is the friggin price tag. I mean comon, using 25 year old engine and just giving it a beautiful look ... just does not make it the best available bike. Also, i seriously dont have to mention how expensive its spare parts are. And if i were to take 'good care' of THAT bike, i would happily buy Piaggio as it has got better specifications. And now i am seeing that MANY people are buying Piaggio. Increment rate is SLOW as compared to Honda Sales, but its sales are definitely increasing day by day.
    Syd also mentioned that why he didn't go for Piaggio and i agree with him on this. Well everyone might know the reason behind this. Its obvious for a company like Ravi.

Anyways ... I go to my college daily on my CG-125, nearly 50 kms daily. I know how uncomfortable and how dangerous this bike is. Uncomfortable because of its rock hard rear suspension, and dangerous because of its drum friggin brakes. To be honest, i do think of getting a Deluxe or a Piaggio DAILY. Not even a single day goes by without this thought passing in my mind. But i just do not want to sale it and get anything else. Why?
    Well lets just face it that no other bike at this timeframe give you every 'good' thing you desire.
    NONE
    So if i were you, i would just stick to a CG-125, decrease its Fuel Mixture to a safe level, and cruise around it and enjoy it ... easily getting 45km/l fuel average and incase of any unexpected accident, much cheaper spare parts compared to any other bike of the same category/class.
    Unlike Deluxe which drinks fuel like we drink water in summer lol :p

I am not disgracing any other ppl's judgement or purchase, but its me who dug DEEP before making any decision.

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my brother abobobily is absolutely right on almost every point except the fact that for people getting froma car to a bike its like cruising in free. but for those getting from 70 to deluxe its a whole lot of difference.
    one thing more as for ashfaq. i recommend this bike over cg125 deluxe in order to appreciate the advancement and environment protection but only if you are living beyong punjab university. If some one lives in samanabad or iqbal town or wahdat road no other option but to go for piaggio. i recently rode it a year old one of my college fellow and its like the same as deluxe in cheaper cost.
    and for headlights i would say equally crappy when compared to cg125 because one thing i hate most when driving is concentrating on the speedometer and you have to do that becasue the light is not at all consistant.
    "i Would like to ask a question to experts or anyone who knows. Can i install a self start on my deluxe, after market one? i really am very bad in kicking the bike it usually takes me four five tries and embarraces me"

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ abobobilly - i didnt know that dlx drank more fuel than 125 classic. is it considerably more? and what u said about daily thinking of getting a better bike, i agree 100% with that. My daily travel is around 50km as well and 125 classic is very uncomfortable. i agree about cheap parts but accident might happen once, but i have to travel daily. u are also right about the cost of the bike. though dlx is good, it is not worth 110,000.

@ syd - why do u mention that people living in wahdat road or iqbal town should get piaggio? i live near those areas. and how much fuel is ur bike consuming per litre? i really like dlx because it is very comfortable. cg125 is just not bearable for daily travel. when i first bought it i posted so many threads on pw and aksed so many mechanics as to why it vibrated so hard and they all said that it is how all cg125 classics are. u rode both of them so u will be able to tell me if dlx vibrates in same way or does it have less vibration? also i have heard piaggio members complain that their fuel gauge starts dancing at speed, does dlx fuel gauge act in similar way or remain stable like car fuel gauge?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    Syd Bhai! Congratulations on your bike
    Happy Riding

I am afraid you are asking the wrong person because he already mentioned on previous pages that CG-125 had been a crap bike for him and he also stated the reason. And now, apparently, i can conclude that the user only needs a comfortable bike and just cannot differentiate between them.

Furthermore, i laugh hard at those people who say that CG-125 is a comfortable bike loool. (not referring to syd . some other person said it. I dont remember who.)

-----------------------------
    Deluxe is a good bike. But the ONLY reason i hate it ... is the friggin price tag. I mean comon, using 25 year old engine and just giving it a beautiful look ... just does not make it the best available bike. Also, i seriously dont have to mention how expensive its spare parts are. And if i were to take 'good care' of THAT bike, i would happily buy Piaggio as it has got better specifications. And now i am seeing that MANY people are buying Piaggio. Increment rate is SLOW as compared to Honda Sales, but its sales are definitely increasing day by day.
    Syd also mentioned that why he didn't go for Piaggio and i agree with him on this. Well everyone might know the reason behind this. Its obvious for a company like Ravi.

Anyways ... I go to my college daily on my CG-125, nearly 50 kms daily. I know how uncomfortable and how dangerous this bike is. Uncomfortable because of its rock hard rear suspension, and dangerous because of its drum friggin brakes. To be honest, i do think of getting a Deluxe or a Piaggio DAILY. Not even a single day goes by without this thought passing in my mind. But i just do not want to sale it and get anything else. Why?
    Well lets just face it that no other bike at this timeframe give you every 'good' thing you desire.
    NONE
    So if i were you, i would just stick to a CG-125, decrease its Fuel Mixture to a safe level, and cruise around it and enjoy it ... easily getting 45km/l fuel average and incase of any unexpected accident, much cheaper spare parts compared to any other bike of the same category/class.
    Unlike Deluxe which drinks fuel like we drink water in summer lol :p

I am not disgracing any other ppl's judgement or purchase, but its me who dug DEEP before making any decision.
    +10
    sahi gal kitti a

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congratulations on your new bike, syd.

I think I'm going to take the stickers/graphics off my bike.

Regarding the fuel economy of a car running on CNG vs. a Honda 125 deluxe, which one is more economical?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there isnt a major difference between fuel average of deluxe and normal cg 125
    same engine architecture and a little bit more weight of deluxe , difference will hardly be 1 to 2 km/liter more on cg then deluxe

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

"i Would like to ask a question to experts or anyone who knows. Can i install a self start on my deluxe, after market one? i really am very bad in kicking the bike it usually takes me four five tries and embarraces me"
    i am sorry but its almost impossible to do it , u have to change ur whole crank case, which no one can do to a new bike
    thats the luxury deluxe owners get(kick start) and they have to live with it
    to ur other problem piaggio also has the constant light like cars , its all speedometer and headlight operates through battery and i love it
    coz wen i had 70 cc i always race up the engine at night to see the speedometer , i also have the same habbit like urs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

29000 saving means 29000/76=381 litres of fuel

381 litres x 55 km/litre average = 20986 kms of free running

20986/100 (km/day average run) = 209 days of free running.

Now thats amazing saving over honda.

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ abobobilly - i didnt know that dlx drank more fuel than 125 classic. is it considerably more? and what u said about daily thinking of getting a better bike, i agree 100% with that. My daily travel is around 50km as well and 125 classic is very uncomfortable. i agree about cheap parts but accident might happen once, but i have to travel daily. u are also right about the cost of the bike. though dlx is good, it is not worth 110,000.

@ syd - why do u mention that people living in wahdat road or iqbal town should get piaggio? i live near those areas. and how much fuel is ur bike consuming per litre? i really like dlx because it is very comfortable. cg125 is just not bearable for daily travel. when i first bought it i posted so many threads on pw and aksed so many mechanics as to why it vibrated so hard and they all said that it is how all cg125 classics are. u rode both of them so u will be able to tell me if dlx vibrates in same way or does it have less vibration? also i have heard piaggio members complain that their fuel gauge starts dancing at speed, does dlx fuel gauge act in similar way or remain stable like car fuel gauge?
    well brother deluxe does not vibrate but mainly because i don drive it above 40 i have driven 100 kms on it uptill now and running's not over yet. as for average my car gives 200km in 1000 prs petrol and i strongly hope its going to be lower than that. one other thing even though two of my cars one in use of my wife and other my younger brother are on cng and believe me i think we should not go for cng as its costly in longrun (the amount of money spent on the repairs). if you want to see the dancing speedometer go to you tube and search ravi piaggio you'll see there. dlx meter is constant and i made sure of that before even thinking of buying it
    note: i definitely feel it would vibrate may be less than classic but will do so when driven on high speed
    "as for why i drew line between areas is that fact that there is a large shop of Piaggio on wahdat road near butt sweets i saw it three days ago. one other reason is its easier access to mc loed road."

"I am a marketer and believe me only thing wrong with ravi is proper segmentation. if some one from Ravi reads this thread do argue with your marketers you should have targeted developed and suburban areas instead of Mc Loed road but thats my thought and i'm open to arguements" this is text book marketing and one fundamental mistake in my opinion

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    i am sorry but its almost impossible to do it , u have to change ur whole crank case, which no one can do to a new bike
    thats the luxury deluxe owners get(kick start) and they have to live with it
    to ur other problem piaggio also has the constant light like cars , its all speedometer and headlight operates through battery and i love it
    coz wen i had 70 cc i always race up the engine at night to see the speedometer , i also have the same habbit like urs
    naseeb main nain tha jo humain mila nain

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

one quick question
    tank and other material is it available in market like classic or not i would like to go for more sober look next month.
    most of my friends have joked on the green color on the bike (stickering)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up Good News for those who want Self Starter in CG 125

Find an Inside conection in Bilal ganj trace a XL 250 / CBF 125 / CBF 150 /
    CB-125 / CB 150 any of these engines and buy onli its magnet + magnet case + magent COILS + seif gears (garariyan)+ Self motor + Self Holder which fixex with the Magnet side cover (tapp / magnet palla) self relay (Koggi) + and rectifier dont miss any thing from this list, go to any electricain and this all system is bolt to bolt perfect fit for CG 125

Now start DANCING you 125 is upgraded to a self start

naseeb main nain tha jo humain mila nain
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plus in older versions of these engines (XL 250 / CBF 125 / CBF 150 /
    CB-125 / CB 150) u may not find self but in relatively new engines u ill find a self starter .. so happy HUNTING :-D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

User Tag List