0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx

Guys plz share ur ideas there.as it become necessory.

@Mod plz keep it alive as its very helpfull for the purshasers of these bikes.they get info under one roof.
    Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -14674 Ravi piaggio storm 125 vs honda cg125 dlx -14675

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by syd View Post
    after carefull consideration and after searching me near abouts well on 11th this month i bought honda deluxe eventhough i wanted to go for piaggio but still there is no proper place to buy or mantain it near johar town.
    one problem i'm facing is i sometimes cant put it in first or second gear or put it out of these two gears i mean sometime it feels it has stuck any suggestions or should i take it to the dealer
    one piece of advice i bought it from model town dealer who are complete bull**** if you know what i mean level of service is like 4/10 i dont know about other dealers but they didnt even educate me on how to switch turning lights and and did not even show me things written on the product manual will post pictures tomorrow

Dear Bro, whenever this happen loose clutch for a second and press again than try to release gair. it will be fine

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Ashfaq87 View Post
    @ abobobilly - i didnt know that dlx drank more fuel than 125 classic. is it considerably

more?
    You cant exactly say that its 'considerably' more, but for a person like me or any other 'student' it may/will be a helluva difference.

CG-125's mixture settings can be lowered and the bike will still run like it should, at the cost of quick acceleration.
    But Deluxe ... in WORST scenarios, if you drive it hard, i mean like push it, then brake, then again take it 100 and brake ... driving like that, will get you as low as 28km/liter average. But normally, it stays near 30km/liter ... and if you drive it REAL slow and easy, keep it below 50/60 mark ... it can achieve even 38km/liter.
    But i haven't heard even a single Deluxe owner going it above 35km/liter.

Do note that if you drive a CG-125 EASY, you can achieve as high as 50km/liter ... which is why i am saying it may/will be a huge difference for a person like me.

Baap ka paisa urana bohat easy hay. Apna paisa ho tub tension nai hoti ... han agar banda kanjoos ho to wo alag baat hay lol

when i first bought it i posted so many threads on pw and aksed so many mechanics as to why it vibrated so hard and they all said that it is how all cg125 classics are. u rode both of them so u will be able to tell me if dlx vibrates in same way or does it have less vibration?
    Like someone stated here before, Controlling CG-125 above 80kms, is really a Misson ... more like a mission impossible lol.
    But there is no such thing like that with Deluxe and Piaggio. Probably because of their Large Rear Wheelbase and better rear shock absorbers and their position. But its a fact that Deluxe/Piaggio is the EASIEST bike to handle at higher speeds.

also i have heard piaggio members complain that their fuel gauge starts dancing at speed, does dlx fuel gauge act in similar way or remain stable like car fuel gauge?
    Most people say it stays stable. But i have not experienced it yet so i can't exactly comment on it.
    It was the same with my bike until i took it outside lahore and really pushed it to its limits, and found out two problems. The RPM needle starts to jump after 8-9k RPM ... however, the Speedometer stays Stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirr View Post
    I think I'm going to take the stickers/graphics off my bike.
    Oh for the love of god dont do that
    Its not a CG-125 CLASSIC.

The real pleasure of riding the bike is with everything original. However, if you are scared of thieves or dacoits then its another thing.

I own a CG-125 and eventhough i WANT to change it tanki and tapay, but at the same time i dont want to. Why? Because the 'feel' doesn't remain the same. Its still has its original tanki and tapay.
    However i am seriously thinking to get some BLACK but GENUINE tanki and tapay to change the riding pleasure. Not to mention that Classic CG-125 looks 10 times better with Black Tanki and Tapay

Regarding the fuel economy of a car running on CNG vs. a Honda 125 deluxe, which one is more economical?
    Are you serious? Comon ... How can you even compare a 800cc or more "CAR" engine with a mere "BIKE" engine. :p

Obviously a CG-125 will be 10 times more economical than a car.

Quote Originally Posted by umer009 View Post
    there isnt a major difference between fuel average of deluxe and normal cg 125
    Well you are a Piaggio owner so i can't really blame you can i? Piaggio's engine is advance than Deluxe's which probably makes you think Deluxe might be the same.
    But i am afraid IT ISN'T.

same engine architecture and a little bit more weight of deluxe , difference will hardly be 1 to 2 km/liter more on cg then deluxe
    The 92KG (Dry Weight) of CG-125 vs. 115+ (Dry Weight) is a clear difference.
    If there isn't HUGE difference in fuel consumption, then there is enough to say there IS A DIFFERENCE ... and its certainly not 'hardly 1 to 2km'.

Quote Originally Posted by shahbaz_79 View Post
    29000 saving means 29000/76=381 litres of fuel

381 litres x 55 km/litre average = 20986 kms of free running

20986/100 (km/day average run) = 209 days of free running.

Now thats amazing saving over honda.
    lol
    Nice Try :p

well brother deluxe does not vibrate but mainly because i don drive it above 40 i have driven 100 kms on it uptill now and running's not over yet.
    note: i definitely feel it would vibrate may be less than classic but will do so when driven on high speed
    It wont vibrate. Why "Vibration" was a problem in CG-125? Because it was the sole reason which made it really hard to control it over high speeds .. like someone mentioned ... a MISSION to control it at high speeds.

As per my experience, Deluxe was A LOT easier to control on higher speeds than a CG-125. Heck .. me who is a really bad (not badass ;p) driver, can take it easily upto 120km, and it still would feel like piece of cake.

as for average my car gives 200km in 1000 prs petrol and i strongly hope its going to be lower than that.
    Are you kidding me?
    You Can't just compare them both or can you

If it Averages on 30km/liter (given that you drive it on high speeds ... if you manage to keep it down till 50/60 constance, it'll be even higher and CAN be nearly 40km/liter) ... and 12 liters of fuel tank ... that becomes nearly 900 Rupees ... and about 360 kilometers.

A 1600cc car goes for about 13-15 km/liter average on petrol. (if i am not mistaken)

I say its not a bad deal or is it.

one other thing even though two of my cars one in use of my wife and other my younger brother are on cng and believe me i think we should not go for cng as its costly in longrun (the amount of money spent on the repairs).
    Not exactly ... Its certainly cheaper than Petrol and car does more mileage on CNG as compared to Petrol. Difference is not much, but its still noticeable.
    Rest remains repairs, well all cars/bikes need it so i will not take it into account. Who cares if the tunning of a Petrol engine costs you 1000 rupees and a CNG's 2000 ... people will remain satisfy because of the fuel mileage /kg its giving.

if you want to see the dancing speedometer go to you tube and search ravi piaggio you'll see there. dlx meter is constant and i made sure of that before even thinking of buying it
    That issue is quite old now. I dont know if its fixed or not , but i do hope they rectify such issues because its already enough time passed for RAVI bikes in market.

"I am a marketer and believe me only thing wrong with ravi is proper segmentation. if some one from Ravi reads this thread do argue with your marketers you should have targeted developed and suburban areas
    instead of Mc Loed road but thats my thought and i'm open to arguements" this is text book marketing and one fundamental mistake in my opinion
    Marketing requires A LOT more money than opening a company or manufacturing bikes. Honda's name is already set so 'no marketing' for them works just fine. Ravi really has some issues whenever it comes to its marketing segment.
    I mean just take a look at honda Deluxe ... they are indirectly advertising their EURO2 Standard like they are selling Hayabusa power in a 125cc class. I mean ... seriously ... its pretty obvious for an educated person that they are trying to attract customers by putting EURO2 Sticker ... ahem ... lemme rephrase that ... they are attracting customers by putting Sexy and highly stylish EURO2 Stickers ... which makes most people think if its something like 'best of both worlds' and they just LOVE to purchase Deluxe over any other bike like Piaggio or GS125/150.

But you know ... thats the thing which makes a company money making/sucking machine i.e. HONDA ... ATLAS HONDA to be precise

naseeb main nain tha jo humain mila nain
    unn hoon ... dont say that :p
    ALLAH NASEEB MAIN KARAY

one quick question
    tank and other material is it available in market like classic or not i would like to go for more sober look next month.
    most of my friends have joked on the green color on the bike (stickering)
    May i just say that your friends are talking like some ****** bags? lol sorry i couldn't resist.
    Apparently they are not ready to accept the change. Comon ... black color still looks hell lot better than red color in Deluxe.
    Its only the Piaggio which looks even more sexy in Red

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Find an Inside conection in Bilal ganj trace a XL 250 / CBF 125 / CBF 150 / CB-125 / CB 150 any of these engines and buy onli its magnet + magnet case + magent COILS + seif gears (garariyan)+ Self motor + Self Holder which fixex with the Magnet side cover (tapp / magnet palla) self relay (Koggi) + and rectifier dont miss any thing from this list, go to any electricain and this all system is bolt to bolt perfect fit for CG 125

Now start DANCING you 125 is upgraded to a self start
    If it was THAT easy, then why i dont see other people doing it? Especially when come people have time and money to do so but they still dont want to do it.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly
    brother i was the one who said that controlling cg125 over 80km//h is a mission and that is true, the bike vibrates like it is the end of the world. however, i went to murree on this bike and let me tell u that the vibrations are lowered when i put stuff on tanky. i installed side mirrors and put a bag on the rear seat and on the tanky. and trust me the bike handled like a charm. i was mostly at 110km/h on GT road and the bike didnt give any problems, also bike's braking power increased. how ever when i came back to lahore and when i removed the weight of bags and the side mirrors then i almost slipped, coz bike was so out of control.
    i really like dlx because it it not only more stable a bike, but if u see it's rear brake is bigger than that of classic. so more braking power at rear wheel and ofcourse the disk brake is there at the front. now a days i am seriously considering it but the initial cost + high fuel consumption is what is stopping me from buying it. i love to go to mountain areas and i have taken my cg 125 there as well. but i think in places like muree, the classic is more 'powerful' because it had less weight but same cc. what u think about that?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly
    a lot of contraversal statements u posted but cmon
    cg 125 doing 50km/liter?
    just be realistic
    with 100 cc its still difficult to do and i havent met a single person except u saying this , may be u had the special (green edition like 9800gt) which nobody else has
    now dont teach me the riding style coz i know them but watever u do u cant achieve that average on CG
    peace
    mine gives 42km/liter in local if kept till 70km/h
    there were people claiming their piaggio does 60km/liter but its all false , it can never do it

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly
    brother most of things you said are almost correct but i'll clerify my statement actually i was not comparing my car and bike but giving the view that i'm not the best judge of consumption i hardly ever realize how much its consuming because i have two whole difirrent limits i use my car more hence i can tell what exact fuel economy i get.
    secondly my statement of marketing had nothing to do with company market position or customer base i understand exactly the type of problems ravi may face competing against giants. but what i pointed out was a fundamental mistake by most of the competing companies "its better to find new markets than create large competition and give power to consumer from business point of view" If Honda is competing on their name one thing good about ravi was they announced their bike on pakwheels and i'm quiet sure as ive not replied to any post but i have followed the thread from day one. there were sales by the company.
    In my opinion they should have gone for a different target market for better results.
    For reference please find apple, windows and now android platforms three different companies having different customer base with different approach.
    for local reference see the difference in customer base of toyota and honda cars (in my opinion they (ravi) had a good oportunity if they kept targeting new customers.
    eventhough my post is becoming long but in order to clariy my point i'll just put forth the scenario that ravi is promoting through electronic media and targeting mc loed road on grass root level they simply don't add up.
    if you want to understand what happens when business same in nature and magnitude collide visit samanabad poonch road and have some research on the wedding halls present there and ask them the difference in their revenue between today and three years back
    let the power of youth explode

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly
    cg 125 doing 50km/liter?
    just be realistic
    with 100 cc its still difficult to do and i havent met a single person except u saying this , may be u had the special (green edition like 9800gt) which nobody else has
    now dont teach me the riding style coz i know them but watever u do u cant achieve that average on CG
    peace
    there were people claiming their piaggio does 60km/liter but its all false , it can never do it
    brother i seriously doubt 60 kms average but 45 kms is still highest possible with 125s

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly
    brother cng cars require more mantainance than one can imagine and then again there is no peace of mind in it my father purchased 2003 model toyota 0 meter and regularly serviced it and sold it in late 2010. the amount of repairing costs other than regular costs was negligible and believe me im not a fan of toyota. i purchased civic and uptill now apart from regular tuneups ive spent 10-12k on shocks and brakes. i bought a 2008 alto for my wife and she drives 20km daily and it requires twenty minutes to start in cold morning and had to repair engine twice for knocking, costing 8k in total. all these were mantained by their respective companies. hence
    no work in 7 years
    no enigne work in 5 years
    and two times work and trouble in morning within 2 years.
    "im not stating the amount of work my father has put into khyber which is visible in the pictures" still its problematic
    so
    my experiecne says no cng drive bike if you want economy

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

plus in older versions of these engines (XL 250 / CBF 125 / CBF 150 /
    CB-125 / CB 150) u may not find self but in relatively new engines u ill find a self starter .. so happy HUNTING :-D
    kitnay aram say kaam bata dia maira khial hai main kick lagata rahoon ga woh ziada asan hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thumbs up

kitnay aram say kaam bata dia maira khial hai main kick lagata rahoon ga woh ziada asan hai
    syd : Yes off course DEAR,, bani banye kheer nahi milti babu .. I liked to share my knowlwdge and I just did that if you are now that much into it so its you choice "KEEP KICKIN"

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post
    If it was THAT easy, then why i dont see other people doing it? Especially when come people have time and money to do so but they still dont want to do it.
    abobobilly : MAN how did you managed to write so many replies ... thats lots of typing ...
    Any ways Yes it is that easy these all engines share the same inner tappa DIE .. I usually do window shopping in bilal ganj and I saw people doing that specially who cannot kick a 125 because its is very hard for older people .. if you go there ofter try to meet "papu" CD ROAD master specialist (he is famous for it) and ask him that u need to upgrade noraml 125 to self starter he will give you all the helpp one needs..

I am sharing it not only for you "abobobi" but its for them who love to do weird alterations to there rides and are visible out of the crowd.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by abobobilly View Post

Oh for the love of god dont do
    that
    Its not a CG-125 CLASSIC.

The real pleasure of riding the bike is with everything original. However, if you are scared of thieves or dacoits then its another thing.

Are you serious? Comon ... How can you even compare a 800cc or more "CAR" engine with a mere "BIKE" engine. :p
    I want to remove the graphics because they don't look good to me. The pleasure of riding a bike only comes from someone sitting on, and riding a bike, that looks aesthetically pleasing to them. The deluxe looks great in terms of shape, but the graphics/stickers are a major negative in my opinion. The only reason I haven't removed the graphics/stickers yet is because I don't want to destroy the paint job.

The second one was a little tongue-in-cheek. I know a motorcycle is more economical than a car, even it it's on CNG, but I was trying to get across the perspective of people that are downgrading from cars, and aren't as concerned with fuel economy. Well, because compared to what we are currently paying for fuel in cars, it's a drastic drop and we're super happy about that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

try to meet "papu" CD ROAD master specialist (he is famous for it) and ask him that u need to upgrade noraml 125 to self starter he will give you all the helpp one needs..
    What kind of monetary cost are we looking at here?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly
    brother i was the one who said that controlling cg125 over 80km/h is a mission and that is true, the bike vibrates like it is the end of the world.
    Lol well said. I literally now fear from this crap when it goes above 80km ... hell certainly not IN the city roads, dont care if its Canal Road.
    Even outside lahore, taking it to FULL 120 takes to be a SOLID HEART owner (not for weak hearted PG13 lol)

however, i went to murree on this bike and let me tell u that the vibrations are lowered when i put stuff on tanky. i installed side mirrors and put a bag on the rear seat and on the tanky. and trust me the bike handled like a charm. i was mostly at 110km/h on GT road and the bike didnt give any problems, also bike's braking power increased. how ever when i came back to lahore and when i removed the weight of bags and the side mirrors then i almost slipped, coz bike was so out of control.
    Its a fact that CG-125 runs twice better and stable with TWO people sitting on, or ONE like a Pehlwaan or whatever lol.
    So if you were sitting on it + Extra Weight ... it was SUPPOSED To run better than usual ... i mean more Stable on road.

You did a lot of travel with extra weight on, so you were actually used to it ... which is why you almost slipped due to unusual control [not intended to be Einstein here )

i really like dlx because it it not only more stable a bike, but if u see it's rear brake is bigger than that of classic. so more braking power at rear wheel and ofcourse the disk brake is there at the front. now a days i am seriously considering it but the initial cost + high fuel consumption is what is stopping me from buying it.
    With a bigger and wider tyre, a bigger and better brake was needed. And its brakes really are good. If not 'perfect' then they are certainly better than a normal CG-125. One thing though ... I've experienced it a couple of times myself that with a Disc Brake, an ABS system IS CRUCIAL. I literally fell of a Deluxe when i braked hard, and my bad that it was only a bit slippery which still made the front tyre slipped forward ... because bike was straight. Thank god it didn't slipped sideways, otherwise ... xxxxxxxxxx

i love to go to mountain areas and i have taken my cg 125 there as well. but i think in places like muree, the classic is more 'powerful' because it had less weight but same cc. what u think about that?
    I cannot actually comment about it because i've never been on SUCH a long journey on a bike, (not even any other thing lol). But i do know that Deluxe WILL FLOP there because its made to be a ROAD BIKE. It doesn't have enough power to keep up with roads like in Murree as compared to CG-125. Eventhough i occasionally visit Mananwala and Shahkot to my relatives on my bike ... but that is max 100km. CG-125 is tiring on SUCH long journeys, but a Deluxe will work on such journeys nicely.

However i AM planning a trip to Islamabad to meet a friend there ... on my bike ofcourse. Lets see how it turns out. Do note that its neary 300kms. And i am frightened already whenever i fantasize about such a tiring and long journey

@abobobilly
    Every statement i make here, are not pharrein (پھڑیں). They are TESTED by myself ... and i dont like to brag about stupid things.

cg 125 doing 50km/liter?
    just be realistic
    nice one ... lol
    Like i mentioned before, my CG-125, with a tuned down mixture settings of carburetor, and if driven around 50/60km constant (not like accelerating hard and then braking if you know what kind of driving i am talking about) ... (tested because my route to college is Canal Road daily from inside Badami Bagh to near Model Town, and i leave my house at 06:30AM when the roads are almost empty and come back after 080PM when canal road is almost empty but after Railway Station/McLoad road chowk, its crowded till Do-Moriya Pull ... total travel about 37-40 kilometers). I DID achieve slightly above 50km for my bike TWICE (twice just to be sure, with two fully fueled tanks, in a duration of about 22-25 days if i am right) and it easily gave me 50km/liter. Makes about 360km/7.2 liters.
    (Bike's tank is 9.2 Liters ... out of which 2 liters are reserve so keep it out because i am counting WITHOUT reserve ... leaves behind 7.2 liters approx , tank full with fuel near the edge i.e. tanki full lol)

I Only use my bike to travel to my college and those days i drove very carefully just to check the economy its providing me. It was back in November December when it was cold ... cold enough to make it safe to keep the mixture setting down, because you dont have to worry about engine heating.
    But now as the summer season is starting, my mechanic has again changed the mixture settings ... slightly loose, but bike is still giving me fuel average betwen 42-45 km/liter, and i now drive it above 80kms ... well open road at sunrise i.e. Canal ... nothing stops me anyway.
    About extra heating up engine of CG-125, if you remember that previous thread by me in which i specifically ask YOU people here at PakWheels if they are saying the right thing.

I have my bike for ... i donno ... maybe more than 6 months i think? ... which is enough time for me to completely understand such things ... atleast for MY bike.

peace
    I wont even try.
    The fact is ... no one in ordinary conditions drive a bike, specially a CG-125, like that ... i mean EASY. I HAD to keep my hand down at accelerator to check what i was checking.
    So i really dont wann argue about its 50km/liter average ... because lets just face it ... its not Practical

Also ... you can't even tune YOUR bike's mixture down because i've asked a couple of mechanics to do that experiment ... and according to them, its no use in a 5 Gear motorcycle of the same engine capacity i.e. 124cc ... because its power is already lowered to keep it SMOOTH and when they decrease the fuel, ye mar he jati hay lol
    Which makes me believe, it just may be the SOLE reason for you not to accept that 50km/liter thingy :p

60km is COMPLETELY false and also not possible in THEORY. 45 to 50kms is not much difference. When you are getting 45kms from a bike, you CAN get even more i.e. 5kms out of it. But 60 ... hell its just not practical not even in theory.

bani banye kheer nahi milti babu
    "KEEP KICKIN"
    I lol'ed
    alla

MAN how did you managed to write so many replies ... thats lots of typing ...
    Moodi banda hoon yaar. I was in a mood to type so typed that much. Still am .. and you can see the result lol.

Any ways Yes it is that easy these all engines share the same inner tappa DIE .. I usually do window shopping in bilal ganj and I saw people doing that specially who cannot kick a 125 because its is very hard for older people .. if you go there ofter try to meet "papu" CD ROAD master specialist (he is famous for it) and ask him that u need to upgrade noraml 125 to self starter he will give you all the helpp one needs..

I am sharing it not only for you "abobobi" but its for them who love to do weird alterations to there rides and are visible out of the crowd.
    I was actually curious to know because i haven't seen any single Deluxe owner doing that. Just my curiosity to see whats stopping them.
    But I really appreciate your info in this regard. It'll help those people Who actually want to do that.

If you come across any project like that, do share with us

I want to remove the graphics because they don't look good to me. The pleasure of riding a bike only comes from someone sitting on, and riding a bike, that looks aesthetically pleasing to them. The deluxe looks great in terms of shape, but the graphics/stickers are a major negative in my opinion. The only reason I haven't removed the graphics/stickers yet is because I don't want to destroy the paint job.
    Buy second hand tanki tapa and get them designed as per your likings ... simple solution. [Well not that simple actually ...not cheap as well]

aestheticallyThe second one was a little tongue-in-cheek. I know a motorcycle is more economical than a car, even it it's on CNG, but I was trying to get across the perspective of people that are downgrading from cars, and aren't as concerned with fuel economy. Well, because compared to what we are currently paying for fuel in cars, it's a drastic drop and we're super happy about that.
    They are downgrading from cars because its getting impossible to ride INSIDE CITY on cars. So much traffic jam and khuwai wakhri. Not to mention they HAVE to take double care of bike riders on road than that of themselves

Bike is easy ride for people want to travel inner city. Fast and economical conveyance IMO.

What kind of monetary cost are we looking at here?
    Lemme guess ... 5k for a starters?

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abobobilly - bhai thanks for such detailed replies. what you are saying about 50km/l seems right. i dont drive very carefully, infact i pull back the throttle everytime i see empty road and my college is on raiwind road so i drive at 80-100km/h on those roads but still i get around 41 - 43 km/h. so if i drive very cautiously and set my fuel settings lower i think around 50km/l is achievable.
    about brakes, honda are being unfair, coz they have given bigger tyre and brakes in 125 dlx but cd70 and cg125 (classic) share same rear brake despite having different rear wheel size. i wanted to install dlx rim in my bike to get the bigger rear brake but my mechanic advised against it.
    good luck for ur trip to Isl. when u r there, do try to go to murree, it is only around 50km from isl via murree road. and abobobilly bhai u should take a tour of murree on ur bike atleast once as there is no match for that experience. i have gone to mountain ranges many times on cars and jeeps but bike was the best one by far.
    and u r right, with added weight 125 seems more 'tamed'. but even with all that stuff, it would still lift off its front wheel it if u rev up and let go of the clutch. i think this is where dlx lags behind coz it has a lower power to weight ratio. everything else dlx is better.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar meri dono 125s (Strom 125 and CG 125) dono he 43/45 +/- 1 KM per litre ker jain tu bari baat hai .. if i reduce fuel from mixture or some thing then there performance reduces..

@abobobilly - bhai thanks for such detailed replies. what you are saying about 50km/l seems right. i dont drive very carefully, infact i pull back the throttle everytime i see empty road and my college is on raiwind road so i drive at 80-100km/h on those roads but still i get around 41 - 43 km/h. so if i drive very cautiously and set my fuel settings lower i think around 50km/l is achievable.
    about brakes, honda are being unfair, coz they have given bigger tyre and brakes in 125 dlx but cd70 and cg125 (classic) it has a lower power to weight ratio. everything else dlx is better.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I just found a useful link on even PW here about selfs starters but np piks.. but I ill try to take snaps this time I saw any CG 125 bike upgraded to self start in lahore here too

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/bik...sic-self-start

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar meri dono 125s (Strom 125 and CG 125) dono he 43/45 +/- 1 KM per litre ker jain tu bari baat hai .. if i reduce fuel from mixture or some thing then there performance reduces..
    that is true, either u can tune ur bike to get economy or performance.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@adobobilly
    first of all i like to say that these mechanics are the most dumb a s s creatures on the earth , coz they never understand the working but try to run things their own way , like wise here is an example
    wen i first learned to tune the mixture of my 125 i read the data sheet and came to know that the mixture screw is on the fuel valve in 125 carbeurator , not on the air valve like 70 carbs , so turning screw out increases the fuel flow where as tightning it decreases it
    where as in 70 cc its vice versa , increasing air decreases fuel and so on
    when i talked to my mechanic abt this he simply refused sayin tht i ve gone nuts lol
    so after tht thing i never trust my mechanic and tune my bike myself , its nt a rocket science to do it , u just need to acquire proper knowledge

second thing ur mechanic said tht deluxe/piaggio are underpowered to keep them smooth WTH man ? smoothness never comes frm underpowered engines , 1st of all its not 124, its 126CM3 (already more nt less)
    they had made them smooth by adding a heavy frame, large fuel tanks and overall heavy engine mountings , but still it climbes in top speed , so its not power less
    if u had to do the experiment just swap ur 125 engine in deluxe chasis some day and u will come to knw the real stats
    so never trust mechanics completely on wat they say
    these are the mechanics who say tht efi cars are fail coz they cant do their tuning without proper machine and computers

syd
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

completed 123 kms at last aaj 20kms tak chalaon ga or lollxx
    bike lay li hai or nokri millat tractors main ho gai hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

that is true, either u can tune ur bike to get economy or performance.
    With the current petrol prices, i'd choose economy. I can live with less acceleration because getting a CG-125 was just passion, not that i like speeding or showing off.

Besides, with tuned down mixture, you are still able to do 120kms ... so why even bother? The ONLY thing you'd lose is the quick acceleration. But it still accelerates like a 125cc should.

@adobobilly
    first of all i like to say that these mechanics are the most dumb a s s creatures on the earth , coz they never understand the working but try to run things their own way , like wise here is an example
    wen i first learned to tune the mixture of my 125 i read the data sheet and came to know that the mixture screw is on the fuel valve in 125 carbeurator , not on the air valve like 70 carbs , so turning screw out increases the fuel flow where as tightning it decreases it
    where as in 70 cc its vice versa , increasing air decreases fuel and so on
    when i talked to my mechanic abt this he simply refused sayin tht i ve gone nuts lol
    so after tht thing i never trust my mechanic and tune my bike myself , its nt a rocket science to do it , u just need to acquire proper knowledge
    First of all, you HAVE to accept a bitter truth here. Before that, ever wondered why there are so much mechanics of HONDA (specifically for CG-125) ONLY?
    I tell you. More than 25 years old technology engine Honda is still using with a couple of tweaks .. and there are those people who never had gone to school and from early days of their life, they are working at a shop of ustaad jeera or ustaad kareem to learn bike's engine mechanics and with a vision to be a 'ustaaad' themselves.
    And then there are some new comers in market, who specifically like to brag about everything they do ... like پھڑیں marna.

Now the bitter truth ... You CANNOT just ignore a mechanic's comments when there is a 20+ years of experience speaking out of him. If you do, i say there is no idiot bigger than you in this world, because you are arguing with a man with most experience, from the times when you weren't even born in this world.

WHat? Amused You?

The thing is that i dont trust mechanics, atleast not all of them. I choose my mechanic after extensive research about him, and about his experience or person life. The mechanic i have now ... have nearly 25 years of working experience.

Tuning a bike's mixture is not a rocket science. Even i know where the screw to set the mixture lies. But wo kehte hain na ... جس کا کام اُسی کو ساجھے
    Doing it yourself and then get it done from a profession 'experienced' person ... makes A LOT of difference.

second thing ur mechanic said tht deluxe/piaggio are underpowered to keep them smooth WTH man ? smoothness never comes frm underpowered engines , 1st of all its not 124, its 126CM3 (already more nt less)
    they had made them smooth by adding a heavy frame, large fuel tanks and overall heavy engine mountings , but still it climbes in top speed , so its not power less
    No No you misunderstood. By underpowered, i mean they have shorter gear ratios, and they apparently feel less powered as compared to a normal CG-125.

According to Honda (excuse me if i dont state the exact statement, but it was something like this) ... 5th Gear was not meant for speed. It was meant for smoothness in ride, and fuel economy.

About the engine, kindly read the specifications over wikipedia, and i 'hope' its the same engine use by Atleast previous manufacture by japan :p
    Ravi, Deluxe, CG-125 ... ALL are using a 124cc engine.

so never trust mechanics completely on wat they say
    these are the mechanics who say tht efi cars are fail coz they cant do their tuning without proper machine and computers
    Highlighted the KEYWORD.

Thanx :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers