Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By waleed80

Thread: despite Equiped with knowledge i got swindeled by honda authorized mechanic...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry despite Equiped with knowledge i got swindeled by honda authorized mechanic...

hi
    this ripping has to do with the fact that after 14 k km my bike chain started to give some krak krak sound.. as it couldn't be removed by oiling and adjusting chain.. i was advised to change sprocket and chain.. i was part happy part sad..sad obviously paiha lag raha tha ... happy iss lia ka i got the opportunity to change the sprocket to 15/38... i couldnot find 15/38 in DID and the man said not to go for 15-38 they not good... go for 16-41..and then he began to boast his "ustadian/fankarian"...and he said that those who give this sprocket comb give it their m****r ars* [every mechanic use this sort of language to emphasize on "anything"]... and he said i m master blah blah blah ... this 16-41 would give u best pick... i think danyial in one mentioned that using non stock sized sprocket makes the bike break its motion at higher rpm or 4th gear...so i asked ustad this and he said that is bullsht kal ka bacha............*********** u can judge what he would have said..

now i bought it for 650 front sprocket was 16 teeth by NSR or NCR company and rear was by JT 41 teeth chain was some strange name couldn't remember it... and mazdoori was 150rs.... when i rolled on the road pick was very much improved and acceleration above certain rpm was just non responsive it performed pathetic... full rpm throttle felt like half...the long and short top speed was hardly 60 km/hr on straight road..... went back told him about it and he said sorry buddy it can neither be replaced nor returned[ i asked him to replace 15/38 and adjust price or remove 16 teeth front and put stock 14]... on reminding him that i was of strong opinion of 15 38 but u boasted ur knowledge and made me take a u turn and go for something of which i was very reluctant[yani nai cha h raha tha].... u know what he said........ he said that then buy genuine honda this dhoom is cheapo thats y it cant do good on it,, and he also boasted of his high morale of working for honda and said that i don't even touch these cheapos ....

i.e the poor overall performance of 16-41 was put on the bike not being of hnda.. after asking him to explain this bizarre anamoly another so called big ustad roared and said that for u it is enough to know the fact that honda 70 costs 68k [yes he said 68k] and this cheapo costs 45k...so this is enough for u

i got robbed in plain daysight .. with a a reasonable knowledge level...
    long and short of this robery ... do not trust them for any thing slightly off seting the stock specs... they will virtually legally rob u...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thats catastrophic. See this happens even when we have Protection of consumers' rights law in our country. What a shame.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar jis mechanic kay pas bi jao na wo koi na koi nayi game dal daita hy.....saray he chor kay bachay hain ustad banay ki koshish kartay hain.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What are you a kid or something? Seriously, the way you are telling this scenario, the only idiot i find is YOU. I am sorry but its because of the obvious reasons.

I have a simple policy ... Agar koi mechanic bohat ziyada phareh (پھڑیں) maar raha hay, **** HIM and leave the garage/shop ... simple as that.
    You were supposed to FORCE him like Dekh bhai, jo keh raha hoon wo karo, main ne Geniune Parts he dalwane hain etc etc ... your own resisting was strong.
    Since you live in islamabad, i can imagine what kind of mechanic can live there. Exact same scenario is in lahore, where more than 70% of the mechanics are bloody theives ... that is why i dont trust them at all, and for the obvious reaosn, i dont go to them. (Infact, there is a mechanic in my own Mohalla, a couple of meters away from my house ... the things i like about him ... (1)He is chitta unparh, but Honest (2)Charge you VERY reasonably)

Anyway ... it had happened now. My advice would be, to look for a good mechanic first, the one who MUST be HONEST at least. Yea i know, hard to find, but whats wrong is searching

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yar they are really pathetic creatures of the God... they are pretty much mentally challenged..initially i thought of honda training as a very prestigious qualification....my L prestigious ..now i have come to know that if u ask them about sprockets they asks if it is something that has to do with wheels .... huh...they are paichkash and plas mechanics ..they are roted by some beasts for full 5-10 years right from them being 6-7 years old... and honda collects these bunches and make them wear nice shalwar kameez and collect them and gives a group photo to them to hang in their shop.... as their degree/certificate of authentic honda mechanic...

yar mujha bahoth sakht depression ho jathi ha un ka shops pa ja ka....6-8 sal ka chota chota un ka paas 2-3 bacha hotjha hain un sa har kaam latha hain..thaaparain martha hain .. dant dapat and wo chota bacha jab koi cheez tight krtha hain ya loose krtha hauin to un ka zoor nAi ponchtha un nuts/bolts ko tight/open krna ka lia and they just either swing at over long spanners or gives a good bang with a hammer to open these bolts...i have so many screws being unthreaded 2 of crankcase and 1 of chain cover and 1 of engine intake manifold..

bs kia karain....customer to mufth ma maara jatha ha...
    aya roz talkh zabani in shopspa hothi ha,,, kabi kisi ka screws slip krdia,kbi ksi ka misfire ka msla kra krdia and issi bahana wo aik bari list users sa khareedwa laitha hain.......

anyhow main na tho kuch b nai kaha us mistri sa konka lkahna fazool tha.... itna fazool tha jitna kisi jahil ko sidha rastha par lana hotha ha jo jaali pir murshid ka chakroun ma pta nai kia krna ko tiar ho jatha ha.. so uss ki honda na hona wali waja sun ka main hansi khushi ghar ki taraf lout aya.. inshallah tomorrow i will ho to some other and buy stock 14 teeth frnt sprocket and install it myself ...

bs iss thread ka ya maqsad ha ka kch logon ko samaj bhoj honi chaya apna bike ki and user manuall lazmi hona chaia us ka pas to get some know how not only to be prepared for some unfortunate incident but also to avoid being swindled ...

as a side question should i try 15-41 or just skip to 14-41 default.....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sad to hear all this.
    A sprocket bigger than the stock size will increase the initial pick but will not help you in the long run and will decrease the top speed and vice versa.
    BTW which mechanic did this?
    One of the most difficult things in the world is to know how to do something, and to watch without comment, somebody else do it incorrectly.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^ yar yai baat tho tum na pehla kisi thgread ma b kahi thi ... and i also told him but he boasted so much and i just accepted what he wanted to do.. anyhow today i bought 14t for 60 rs and replaced it within 15 minutes...it wasnt any big job...now it is much better...16t wali bahoth giss gayi thi even ya 30 km chali hogi... and at top rpm the engine sound was as it at half throttle on normal sprocket... yar dnt know the name of the shop but it was on murre road.. bara bar honda ka mechanic ka jp logo hotha ha w laga tha...

anyhow now it is back stock and much better now....btw do u know 15/38 would also giveme the same problem.. at 16-41 pick was good but acceleration past half throttle was just horrible..very poor ..and hence speed...srf race ka adha khulna tak us ki pick thi us ka baad race daina sa ulta speed kam ho rahi thi....

i know that 16-41 for such a low powered isnt abny good ... but what about 15-38 ? have u any ewxperience about it...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

u are intihayee shareef if u let him go like this if i were in ur place, he wudve had it from me.....big time

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy

Sad to know that bro
    U R not checking papers so stop pointing out sp and gram mistakes.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List