Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Honda CG 125 Euro 2 OR Suzuki GS 150 ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda CG 125 Euro 2 OR Suzuki GS 150 ?

To be honest I love the way A Honda Vrooms off the asphalt, but then again I don't like seeing tail lights too much, only in my rear view, if you know what I mean ....
    So can you guys assess the pros and cons of both these bikes, those who have actually seen how these two NEW models (2012) perform .
    How is the pick, sound and top speed, build quality of the new Euro 2 machine, any improvements, or draw backs, if any ?
    And although I have never owned a GS 150 but I really am in the mood to own one, I'd like to know about similar features regarding this machine as well, rumour has it that the breaks aren't all that great (true ?), plus the 411 on GOOD MECHANIC AVAILABILITY within ISLAMABAD CITY.
    Your Time and Opinions are always appreciated,

Regard,
    Khan .

Talk to The Hand =;

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by adeelhanif86 View Post
    i owned GS 150 from last 5 month
    had oil leakage from head after 1 week
    handle and seat has issue
    last week it has a strange problem it make strange noise in 2nd gear and suzuki showroom mechanic said may be bearing has broken but engine is fine and from last Friday bike is in showroom and their mechanics is not available and now i have regrets on my decision to purchase this bike
    i must say Suzuki bikes are good in term of comfort only but when it comes to reliability and performance it sucks
    Dear Hanif, I am planning to buy SUZUKI GS 150. However, you being a user are best to get information from if I should buy it? You had posted your remarks in 2007 there fore, I am interested to know your honest opinion about SUZUKI GS 150 please. I also live in R.Pindi and bike is my sole mode of transportation - with in R.Pindi as well as for going to Peer Sohawa, Murree etc

Eagerly awaiting your reply please.
    Sincerly
    M

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My cousin is a diehard fan of the GS150, he bought his first GS brand new in 2009. There were few issues in the beginning, like the Bubble in the paint on the fuel tank which he replaced under warranty. Some minor electric faults which I dont remember now but what I remember is how he could not win a race against me on my modest 1989 CG125. I use to tease him for his purchase everytime he use to lose a race. 6 months back he sold his beloved GS150 at a huge loss to buy a new bike.......You know what he did..........he bought GS150 model 2013 again........why?........because no matter what I say he loved the fact how reliable his bike had been eventhough finding parts and the right mechanic was always tough. The sad part is his new GS150 has the most pathetic built quality then ever. Rear brakes came out faulty. Handle bar wasnt aligned. One of his side covers fell off while he was riding. seriously my unique UD70 has a better built quality. My cousin is not happy with the purchase. Suzuki is not reliable anymore........buy a Honda Deluxe
    Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    The sad part is his new GS150 has the most pathetic built quality then ever. Rear brakes came out faulty. Handle bar wasnt aligned. One of his side covers fell off while he was riding. seriously my unique UD70 has a better built quality. My cousin is not happy with the purchase. Suzuki is not reliable anymore........buy a Honda Deluxe
    Just moved from GS to Deluxe
    i also faced handle alignment issue, and went to suzuki center multiple times for this, but all in vain. mechanic finally said that "19/20 ka faraq hai, you'll get used to it". the hell, why should i get used to a problem in my brand new bike, it was depressing.
    Tappa flying problem is general in GS, i made holes in tappas and used cable ties to prevent this problem.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    Tappa flying problem is general in GS
    Hahahahaha
    Tappa flying????????

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirzakaleem View Post
    Dear Hanif, I am planning to buy SUZUKI GS 150. However, you being a user are best to get information from if I should buy it? You had posted your remarks in 2007 there fore, I am interested to know your honest opinion about SUZUKI GS 150 please. I also live in R.Pindi and bike is my sole mode of transportation - with in R.Pindi as well as for going to Peer Sohawa, Murree etc

Eagerly awaiting your reply please.
    Sincerly
    M
    Thanks for your kind words
    brother yesterday i completed 20k km on my bike in just 13 months
    in start it has some issues but once it should be resolved its OK if you are willing to take challenge(handle,brakes,side tappa and many minor ones) go for it other wise go for honda
    and on resale issue i think it has zero percent resale
    now i came toward good part
    bike has comfort, riding pleasure, good for long drives
    ima na aap ka samna good aur bad rakh dia ha faisla aap na khud karna ha
    I Love my GS 150

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your kind words
    brother yesterday i completed 20k km on my bike in just 13 months
    in start it has some issues but once it should be resolved its OK if you are willing to take challenge(handle,brakes,side tappa and many minor ones) go for it other wise go for honda
    and on resale issue i think it has zero percent resale
    now i came toward good part
    bike has comfort, riding pleasure, good for long drives
    ima na aap ka samna good aur bad rakh dia ha faisla aap na khud karna ha
    Many thanks Bro!
    Would you be kind to list minor issues faced by you (please reply at your convenience.) Also kindly let me know possible outlets, in R.Pindi, for buying Korean tires, alloy rims other accessories. Are SUZUKI competent mechanics easily available? What about SUZUKI genuine spare parts? etc What all issues dampened your spirits AFTER purchasing GS 150 bike? Please keep in mind, while replying, that I am from R.Pindi and prefer purchases from R.Pindi markets.
    Thanks again and also that you may reply at your own convenience!
    Kind regards
    M

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Many thanks Bro!
    Would you be kind to list minor issues faced by you (please reply at your convenience.) Also kindly let me know possible outlets, in R.Pindi, for buying Korean tires, alloy rims other accessories. Are SUZUKI competent mechanics easily available? What about SUZUKI genuine spare parts? etc What all issues dampened your spirits AFTER purchasing GS 150 bike? Please keep in mind, while replying, that I am from R.Pindi and prefer purchases from R.Pindi markets.
    Thanks again and also that you may reply at your own convenience!
    Kind regards
    M
    well minor issues that i face are handle alinement, side taapa and a leakage from head
    one major issue i also face is change of crank case(acc to mechanic it is changed becoz one bearing is broken)
    all these issues are resolved with warranty and my bike is in stock condition and i have not change tyres and other stuff
    one more thing in 13 months i only change oil no tunning from any mechanic and my bike is constantly giving me 42km/liter.
    fell free to ask question
    regards
    Adeel
    I Love my GS 150

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well minor issues that i face are handle alinement, side taapa and a leakage from head
    one major issue i also face is change of crank case(acc to mechanic it is changed becoz one bearing is broken)
    all these issues are resolved with warranty and my bike is in stock condition and i have not change tyres and other stuff
    one more thing in 13 months i only change oil no tunning from any mechanic and my bike is constantly giving me 42km/liter.
    fell free to ask question
    regards
    Adeel
    Brother, aximaxim has given following account above, "My cousin is a diehard fan of the GS150, he bought his first GS brand new in 2009. There were few issues in the beginning, like the Bubble in the paint on the fuel tank which he replaced under warranty. Some minor electric faults which I dont remember now but what I remember is how he could not win a race against me on my modest 1989 CG125. I use to tease him for his purchase everytime he use to lose a race. 6 months back he sold his beloved GS150 at a huge loss to buy a new bike.......You know what he did..........he bought GS150 model 2013 again........why?........because no matter what I say he loved the fact how reliable his bike had been eventhough finding parts and the right mechanic was always tough. The sad part is his new GS150 has the most pathetic built quality then ever. Rear brakes came out faulty. Handle bar wasnt aligned. One of his side covers fell off while he was riding. seriously my unique UD70 has a better built quality. My cousin is not happy with the purchase. Suzuki is not reliable anymore........buy a Honda Deluxe."
    These remarks have truly scared me since I am a typical middle class person. I simply cannot afford costly mistakes. Would you kindly guide me further.
    Regards
    M

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brother, aximaxim has given following account above, "My cousin is a diehard fan of the GS150, he bought his first GS brand new in 2009. There were few issues in the beginning, like the Bubble in the paint on the fuel tank which he replaced under warranty. Some minor electric faults which I dont remember now but what I remember is how he could not win a race against me on my modest 1989 CG125. I use to tease him for his purchase everytime he use to lose a race. 6 months back he sold his beloved GS150 at a huge loss to buy a new bike.......You know what he did..........he bought GS150 model 2013 again........why?........because no matter what I say he loved the fact how reliable his bike had been eventhough finding parts and the right mechanic was always tough. The sad part is his new GS150 has the most pathetic built quality then ever. Rear brakes came out faulty. Handle bar wasnt aligned. One of his side covers fell off while he was riding. seriously my unique UD70 has a better built quality. My cousin is not happy with the purchase. Suzuki is not reliable anymore........buy a Honda Deluxe."
    These remarks have truly scared me since I am a typical middle class person. I simply cannot afford costly mistakes. Would you kindly guide me further.
    Regards
    M
    mirzakaleem Nobody can say the New model of GS150 is reliable. Pak Suzuki has lost a lot of credibility in the recent year. Even the most die hard fans of GS150 will agree that the New model is pathetically built. Honestly speaking my opinion will be a little baised as I never liked the GS even when it was well built. Im a Honda Fan. Khair....long story short if you want to make a sensible purchase then forget Suzuki. niether the riding pleasure is there nor the resale is good. Either buy a Honda...(125 or Pridor) or if you want good value for your money explore the Chinese Bikes......they are not that bad and a hell lot cheaper. Jaisi honda ki resale hai bilkul waisi hii Good Chinese Bike ki resale hai. Make a prudent Choice. I wanted a everyday point A to point B bike.... I bought a Unique UD70......It has better fuel economy than Honda CD70...... it is more powerful because of 6 extra cc of engine displacement and being in karachi...chinese bikes are safer from snatcher. Now im thinking of switching to 125cc. I will either go for a used CG125 or I'll buy Super Power SP125 Deluxe as my budget is 60K.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regards
    M[/QUOTE]
    Brother than i can only say don't go for GS 150
    I Love my GS 150

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    mirzakaleem Nobody can say the New model of GS150 is reliable. Pak Suzuki has lost a lot of credibility in the recent year. Even the most die hard fans of GS150 will agree that the New model is pathetically built. Honestly speaking my opinion will be a little baised as I never liked the GS even when it was well built. Im a Honda Fan. Khair....long story short if you want to make a sensible purchase then forget Suzuki. niether the riding pleasure is there nor the resale is good. Either buy a Honda...(125 or Pridor) or if you want good value for your money explore the Chinese Bikes......they are not that bad and a hell lot cheaper. Jaisi honda ki resale hai bilkul waisi hii Good Chinese Bike ki resale hai. Make a prudent Choice. I wanted a everyday point A to point B bike.... I bought a Unique UD70......It has better fuel economy than Honda CD70...... it is more powerful because of 6 extra cc of engine displacement and being in karachi...chinese bikes are safer from snatcher. Now im thinking of switching to 125cc. I will either go for a used CG125 or I'll buy Super Power SP125 Deluxe as my budget is 60K.
    Many thanks brother.
    Kind regards
    M

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regards
    M
    Brother than i can only say don't go for GS 150[/QUOTE]

Dear Brother Adeel,
    many thanks & kind regards
    M

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Regards
    M
    kaleem bro,
    GS150 has lovely ride, but if you are afraid of facing minor issues in your new ride then it isn't the bike for you.
    So i'll second aximaxim, if you want the bike with least issues then go for deluxe.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kaleem bro,
    GS150 has lovely ride, but if you are afraid of facing minor issues in your new ride then it isn't the bike for you.
    So i'll second aximaxim, if you want the bike with least issues then go for deluxe.
    gull_s_777 I agree GS150 had a better ride than a CG125. However I have been told the the new model has really hard shocks making the ride really uncomfortable. I have not experienced it myself, but thats what I have heard. The older models use to have soft shocks and because the ride height is high on GS150 so the bigger suspension travel meant the bike use to glide on road..........not anymore.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I had my GS shock adjusted to level 3 and it felt soft enough. But on Deluxe, i had to adjust the shocks to softest level (1).
    So in newer models, Deluxe has stiffer shocks compared to GS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GS150 lenay k liay bohat bara dil aur passion for motorcycles hona chahiye.. plus it will not be good for you if you're small physically. it is a pain to maneuver in heavy traffic as the handle has a very small turning angle. and it will have some quality control issues jis k liay apko suzuki centre kafi dafa jana paray ga. i love the gs150, and i love motorcycles laken main bhi 100 dafa sochun ga GS lenay say pehle..

my advice: get a cg125 / deluxe. I wouldn't advise going for the pridor as the engine is unproven!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^
    couldn't have said it any better

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Gull have used both Deluxe and Gs150 his reviews and comments would have been of utmost importance and consider his opinion..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

kaleem bro,
    Dear Brother Gul, thank you for your input. Actually it were your very posts that had inspired me, in the first place, in favor of SUZUKI GS150. I remember, in that post you also posted pictures of your newly purchased GS 150. I kept following your thread with interest. However, a little while ago you posted a thread stating you had sold your GS 150! It came as a surprise to me because you had ardently been discussing your GS150. It were mainly your (Gul' s) postings that had initially attracted my attention towards SUZUKI GS 150. However, suddenly selling it off was quite a bit of turn-off (even then I had posted a query inquiring you sudden sale of SUZUKI GS150. That query remained unanswered!!) Therefore, I began new postings inquiring about GS from afresh.

Gul brother, my recent following of Honda CG125 Deluxe concluded following: -
    a. Fuel Guzzler compared to Honda CG125
    b. Very Expensive spare parts compard to Honda CG125

Dear brother, since you are a user of both these bikes therefore, your sincere advice remains invaluable for MOST of us rookies here. There fore, we need your input please?
    Kind regards
    M

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I like GS, but can't deny the fact that it has issues. I did some basic modifications to deal with some, but couldn't get handle on others.
    So when i got the chance to sell it at almost negligible loss, i simply took it.
    If you have gone through my GS thread, i think you can very well decide for yourself that you should purchase it or not.
    It is not like if you purchase GS, it's gonna blast or something
    My friend who purchased my GS complains of uncomfortable seat and weak brakes only. Rest he is happy with his bike.
    I like GS , but i just don't trust it enough to recommend it to somebody who is concerned about dealing with issues in his new bike. Even in this same thread, i recommended CG to thread starter over GS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

User Tag List