Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree118Likes

Thread: Honda CG 125 Euro 2 OR Suzuki GS 150 ?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda CG 125 Euro 2 OR Suzuki GS 150 ?

To be honest I love the way A Honda Vrooms off the asphalt, but then again I don't like seeing tail lights too much, only in my rear view, if you know what I mean ....
    So can you guys assess the pros and cons of both these bikes, those who have actually seen how these two NEW models (2012) perform .
    How is the pick, sound and top speed, build quality of the new Euro 2 machine, any improvements, or draw backs, if any ?
    And although I have never owned a GS 150 but I really am in the mood to own one, I'd like to know about similar features regarding this machine as well, rumour has it that the breaks aren't all that great (true ?), plus the 411 on GOOD MECHANIC AVAILABILITY within ISLAMABAD CITY.
    Your Time and Opinions are always appreciated,

Regard,
    Khan .

Talk to The Hand =;

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gull_s_777 View Post
    well that's exactly where Deluxe handle lock already is
    it's not on side, it's in same ignition switch
    Brother Gul, you are a blessing for me man!! Yohoo Bless you mate How about checking up if self start can be added to it? Only an electrical Engineer can provide an expert advice about it. I am repeatedly asking it because I prefer assigning simple repetitive tasks to automation - make life lot easier.

Brother Gul, your opinion please.

Kind regards
    M

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No idea about self start,
    may be some senior members can give some insight to it...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've seen a man who got self start installed in his CG125 Classic. It was a restored Pointer 80s model...

Installing self start in deluxe won't be a big issue then

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHorn View Post
    Unfortunately the bike that you seek is not available with local manufacturers. I had similar type of requirements. So I bought a GS150, corrected its quality issues, replaced rear tyre and rim, installed front disk break and recently a fuel gauge. I would recommend that you go for GS150 as it has self start and most powerful engine available with local bike manufacturers. You can then put on things like disk, handle lock (in ignition) and fuel gauge.
    Can you post the pictures of the Fuel Gauge you have installed and its price . Also the price disk brake setup.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ BlueHorn
    I would like to know which bike's discbrake/shocks setup you used on GS??? Pics???
    Also somebody knows if Deluxe shocks and discbrake can be installed on GS???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No idea about self start,
    may be some senior members can give some insight to it...
    Bro ​Gul, although I am still couple of weeks away from making final purchase; I want to utilize this interim period for data / resource alignment for my would-be new purchase. Kindly advise me on "nips & tucks" for the new Honda CG 125 Deluxe. From "nips & tucks" I mean improved alloy rims & tyres (size and country of origin?) Reliable dealer in R.Pindi / Isloo (if known?) Any advice regarding Company fitted spark plug? Or any thing that comes to your mind like engine oils etc, I shall be obliged.

Kind regards
    M

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirzakaleem View Post
    Brother dmszack, greetings and thank you for your contribution. Please see I had following needs: -

1. Good & Tireless Runner - should not get tired of running at high speed in traffic on a hot day
    2. Good Quality Manufacturing
    3. Fuel Economy
    4. Bike with Height (as I am heavy and tall - my pillion rider too; both 6 feet and each around 110 kgs)
    5. Comfortable Seat (both driver and pillion rider)
    6. Comfortable Stable Drive
    7. Self Start
    8. Handle Lock placed at ignition
    9. Fuel Gauge in speedometer
    10. Low noise levels
    11. Disk Brakes
    12. Complete After Sales Service
    13. Universal Availability of Genuine Spare Parts
    14. Universal Availability of Qualified Mechanics

SUZUKI GS150 does not fulfill my needs listed at serials 2, 5, 6, 8,11, 12, 13 & 14. Now that is 57% less fulfilment of my NEEDS - that too at a dearer price!!! If we assign value to my list of NEEDS then I find SUZUKI GS150 missing critical needs. That means the value of difference ratio of 57% gets compounded!! (Mind you, I have not included resale aspect in this analysis!!!)

I believe cost benefit ratio will creep towards equilibrium if SUZUKI drops GS150 price by same percentage. That seems unlikely. Therefore, this product seems to have become a liability - even for SUZUKI​. These calculations are for my personal use only. However, since you all are contributing with sincerity and empathy therefore, I felt it imperative to share my workings with you good lot as well Please see that results will be different for every person because of our unique preferences.

I tend to go with bhai Gul Sb. as he has actually used a product and has first hand experience. However, I keep every opinion in high regard. Many thanks again.

Kind regards
    M
    @poster: except point # 8 and 9, gs150 full fill all yr requirments. so it means its already 80% of yr given list .
    point # 11 only if u really ride on high speed all the time other wise bike brakes are not bad upto 80-90km/hr

i believe u have riden only 70cc bike till now and u are new to 125cc + bikes, so bro be prepared to have deeper pocket for such bikes.

why dont u look for a well built honda cd185 or cd200 twin, convert it to cdi 12v and u got a excellent bike for yr self.

kind regards
    Help others so that u can be Helped

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mirzakaleem View Post
    Bro ​Gul, although I am still couple of weeks away from making final purchase; I want to utilize this interim period for data / resource alignment for my would-be new purchase. Kindly advise me on "nips & tucks" for the new Honda CG 125 Deluxe. From "nips & tucks" I mean improved alloy rims & tyres (size and country of origin?) Reliable dealer in R.Pindi / Isloo (if known?) Any advice regarding Company fitted spark plug? Or any thing that comes to your mind like engine oils etc, I shall be obliged.

Kind regards
    M
    Alloy rims are heavier and will cause noticeable reduction in bike's performance, so not advisable. Deluxe comes with proper size tyres already, so no need to change the tyres also. I am riding it on stock tyres, and don't feel the need of bigger tyres.
    Engine oil is still a mystery the more you discuss, the more you get confused. So use any engine oil you like, just keep changing it at 1000Km interval and it should be fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alloy rims are heavier and will cause noticeable reduction in bike's performance, so not advisable. Deluxe comes with proper size tyres already, so no need to change the tyres also. I am riding it on stock tyres, and don't feel the need of bigger tyres.
    Engine oil is still a mystery the more you discuss, the more you get confused. So use any engine oil you like, just keep changing it at 1000Km interval and it should be fine.
    Brother Gul, many thanks for your prompt participation. Here are two pence from my side regarding engine oils & lubricants. I have experienced following oils useful: -
    1. LIQUI MOLY (LM) - (German) - Available from LM authorized distributors in I-8, Isloo
    2. Mobil - (USA) - Available from Mobil authorized dealers in I-10, Isloo
    3. Havoline - Now a well established and well reputed brand in Pakistan
    4. ZIC - Another good name
    5. Remaining oils & lube brands in Pakistan

Each oil has different grades to be used according to weather as well as engine condition. Newer engines will need thinner oil where as older engines are better treated with thicker oils. Hotter weathers require higher SAE numbers (as those are thicker.) And vice versa for colder weathers.

Kind regards
    M

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by archon2001 View Post
    @poster: except point # 8 and 9, gs150 full fill all yr requirments. so it means its already 80% of yr given list .
    point # 11 only if u really ride on high speed all the time other wise bike brakes are not bad upto 80-90km/hr

i believe u have riden only 70cc bike till now and u are new to 125cc + bikes, so bro be prepared to have deeper pocket for such bikes.

why dont u look for a well built honda cd185 or cd200 twin, convert it to cdi 12v and u got a excellent bike for yr self.

kind regards
    Dear Brother Archon, many thanks for an important reminder regarding fuel economy. However, our Pakistani manufacturers have yet to begin offering custom built bikes. Therefore, I will have to bear greater fuel expense - but for me time to market is important. That means greater speed with added load. So I had no other option available therefore, I accepted a little compromise for now.
    Wasalam wa dua
    M

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    You are one of the unlucky owner thats what i can say. I never heared or read engine issues.
    Same with me ... i have GS 150 from last 4 months .. no problem
    at all ... Best jarahi hy
    SHEikH'z

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is naam say milty julty kitny zayada thread hain yar...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rpm stoped woking is not the issue this is rpm cable fault only. I have Gs 150 its meter is working well from last 10 months. Very comfortable n smoorh as compare to any other bike includes honda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Juste View Post
    You are one of the unlucky owner thats what i can say. I never heared or read engine issues.
    Nop to see the reality go to the Pak suzuki self managed showroom in rawalpindi and see the newly purchased bike standing in line awaiting to be fixed in warranty claims. believe me even the mechanic was frustrated that too much bad quality as soon as the suzuki got grip in the city auto market mostly engine and handle column problem a very cheap quality for a very costly bike. i own a gs 150 2012 and i regret it fully, it was good in long ride and fuel average but now after a year its feels like gonna fall apart in the middle of the road worse paint quality now the rust is visible in major section of the frame. Those who are willing to buy GS 150 , please don't or you'll suffer i thought i was the unlucky one but then i realized i am just one in hundreds who are in more pain then i am. and there are no mechanics for this bike. bike is still good in speed and pickup good fuel average but everything else ... well don't wanna use curse words. cheapest quality then a local made bikes or may be even worse.
    Not to postpone is strength in action. -- Omar (R.A)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just moved from GS to Deluxe
    i also faced handle alignment issue, and went to suzuki center multiple times for this, but all in vain. mechanic finally said that "19/20 ka faraq hai, you'll get used to it". the hell, why should i get used to a problem in my brand new bike, it was depressing.
    Tappa flying problem is general in GS, i made holes in tappas and used cable ties to prevent this problem.
    ssssaaaame yae kaha tha mechanic ny mujhay b. i was so embarrassed infront of coleagues and family for my decision of buying GS150 they all told me to not to go for it. and now only thing i can do is regret . i can't afford its resale value so i have to stick with it for long time i blew my savings for this crap. what should i do with the engine if the overall built quality is worse then a pathetic low grade chineese bike. and the after sale support is 0 not at all i had to complain the company to get an appointment for the bike for fixing the major issues and still the episodes of it i have to go through.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by devilskreed View Post
    GS 150 is the best cruiser..Also gs and cg cannot be compared as they fall in entirely different categories..

Honda finish/engine/material quality is far better than any branded/unbranded bike manufacturer..

My personal choice is GS-150..I cannot digest the fact that a 35 year old model is still in production with constant sticker changes
    One more thing i'll add here, GS has engine type OHC (Over Head Camshaft) which requires more maintenance then CG which is OHV (Over Head Valve) . in Pakistan you can see only OHV can be successful. its easy and requires less maintenance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant_Rao View Post
    One more thing i'll add here, GS has engine type OHC (Over Head Camshaft) which requires more maintenance then CG which is OHV (Over Head Valve) . in Pakistan you can see only OHV can be successful. its easy and requires less maintenance.
    Sell your gs and buy a honda cg125 the solution is simple.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

2 days back Alhamdulila bought cg 125 euro 2 in blk n I m very happy with my decision . Today got it Registered. Alhumdulila.

Sent from my GFIVE President(G9) using PW Forums mobile app

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default I had Gs 150 2014 now m using 2012

2014 euro technology wasn't good so I changed it to the normal 1 but Suzuki sucks parts are hard to find and too expensive its like k ap gari use krahe hu bike nai pickup mazedar ni ha or kuch time bd gear lgne pa back wheel se awz ati ha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

All the 70ccs are OHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant_Rao View Post
    Bara CG-125 bana phirta hai jou Sprinter say derta hai ....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

User Tag List