74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda CD175 Bobber Project

I was looking for a bobber project candidate on a famous peer to peer website and after a month of searching I ended up buying this. A 1977 Honda CD175. This motorcycle came with a seized engine and dismal body condition. As I was only interested in the Chassis/frame therefore fortunately the frame looks pretty solid and rust free. Just a teeny weeny rust patch just above the rear spring upper mounts.

The latter picture is the inspiration. I want to end up with something like this. A single seater bobbed up honda CD175 with an oversized/ mean engine.

As for now I'm in search for a good engine for this frame. I've been told that CB180 or XM180 engine can fit bolt bolt on this frame. However I want to go a little wild with this project and I was thinking to go for CBR250RR engine, one that revs to 19,000 RPM. Lets See what happens.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default The Ugly Betrayal

When I shared my Idea with one of closest friend, he said: ?Bachi phasa lay koi! Lagta hai tere pass buhat farigh time aur faaltu paisa hai?

After about a month of intensive searching I finally saw an ad pop up on OLX. I went to inspect the bike and as it was a non-runner I asked several of my friends to help me bring the bike back home. First they agreed but when I told which bike???All of them said??they won?t help because they are my friends and they know it?s not what I should be doing. For them it?s a waste of time and money. All I had for them was: ?SHOQ DA KOI MOL NAE?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

CD 200 production ended decades back in major countries the last production line ended in 2004 in South Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    Honda CD200 is still in production I believe as I once saw an ad on Dubizzle for Model 2011 of CD200 (Same classic shape). As the parts are readily available CD200 is a great candidate for restoration project. However a Honda CD175 has a different story (year of production 1967-1979), as this model discontinued over 30 years ago it?s safe to expect that parts availability would be an issue making it?s a perfect customization project.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    CD 200 production ended decades back in major countries the last production line ended in 2004 in South Africa.
    Haan you are right! The last production year of CD200 is either 2004 or 2005, however not all units produced back then sold out therefore you can still find ZERO METER CD200 at some Honda Dealers in Dubai. Asking price is an obscene 20,000 DHS, for that you a two individual seats, chrome bumpers and 12V CDI system. Waisay usually price negotiable hoti hai, one guy told me he almost bought a zero meter CD200 for 11,000 DHS, whereas 2004 registered model is readily available for 3,000 DHS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 20,000 Dirhams for a Brand New Honda CD200

Haan you are right! The last production year of CD200 is either 2004 or 2005, however not all units produced back then sold out therefore you can still find ZERO METER CD200 at some Honda Dealers in Dubai. Asking price is an obscene 20,000 DHS, for that you a two individual seats, chrome bumpers and 12V CDI system. Waisay usually price negotiable hoti hai, one guy told me he almost bought a zero meter CD200 for 11,000 DHS, whereas 2004 registered model is readily available for 3,000 DHS.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

your posts are getting duplicate.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    it has a beautiful pattren of welds .
    aesi welding yahan mushkil hai

bhtr hoga k phle gas welding se just join karo pakka mat karo
    then balance, alignment aur jo kch bhi dekhna hai check karna hai karlo
    then go for electric weld, mean pakka electric weld se karo
    amoman 12 number welding rod use horahi hoti hai
    bhtr hoga 10 number use ho
    14 number use mat karne
    jitni thin welding rod hogi utna hi deep penetrate hokar weld hoga aur yehi mazbooti hai
    wese 12 number mein bhi koi masla nai hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The bike I upgraded to cruiser was CD-185 TWIN, whos manufacturing halted in 1980~81 and after that its an obsolete bike, the one reason of its survival was that its Younger brother CD 200 which was in production for as late as 2004.

As I see from the pictures you shared, The only thing usefull for you would be its frame and registration, becuase what you are dreaming is quite different from what this frame is actually design for.

So Fingers are crossed and Best of Luck.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by junaidakhtar01 View Post
    aesi welding yahan mushkil hai

bhtr hoga k phle gas welding se just join karo pakka mat karo
    then balance, alignment aur jo kch bhi dekhna hai check karna hai karlo
    then go for electric weld, mean pakka electric weld se karo
    amoman 12 number welding rod use horahi hoti hai
    bhtr hoga 10 number use ho
    14 number use mat karne
    jitni thin welding rod hogi utna hi deep penetrate hokar weld hoga aur yehi mazbooti hai
    wese 12 number mein bhi koi masla nai hai
    Point noted!

1. Pehlay gas the tanka
    2. Phir alignment check.
    3. Upom confirmation 10 number rod ki electric welding

Bhaiya aap tow hero niklay! Thanks a Million Sir Jee!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The bike I upgraded to cruiser was CD-185 TWIN, whos manufacturing halted in 1980~81 and after that its an obsolete bike, the one reason of its survival was that its Younger brother CD 200 which was in production for as late as 2004.

As I see from the pictures you shared, The only thing usefull for you would be its frame and registration, becuase what you are dreaming is quite different from what this frame is actually design for.

So Fingers are crossed and Best of Luck.
    That?s my plan, I purposefully choose a CD175 because I was only interested in its road legal frame and built my bobber upon it. However with this particular bike I will not only be re-using the frame but also the petrol tank and front end. I will shorten the forks to reduce the wheelbase and the ride height.. Both the front end and the petrol tank are from a Honda CB400 twin. Waisay yeh petrol tank thora squarish hai??.maybe I?ll go for a more rounder design if my budget allows me to??.. werna isi ko modify kerlo ga.
    Kisi Mahaan aadmi nay kaha hai kay modifications may budget ki baat nahi kertay??..buri baat hoti hai :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hehehe agree with your budget thingy .. Front End it OK but Fuel Tank doesnt matches the bobber round shape thats true..

but i think you can find round shaape fuel tank in very reasonable price from Kabar Market just like we have bilal ganj in lahore.

That?s my plan, I purposefully choose a CD175 because I was only interested in its road legal frame and built my bobber upon it. However with this particular bike I will not only be re-using the frame but also the petrol tank and front end. I will shorten the forks to reduce the wheelbase and the ride height.. Both the front end and the petrol tank are from a Honda CB400 twin. Waisay yeh petrol tank thora squarish hai??.maybe I?ll go for a more rounder design if my budget allows me to??.. werna isi ko modify kerlo ga.
    Kisi Mahaan aadmi nay kaha hai kay modifications may budget ki baat nahi kertay??..buri baat hoti hai :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool Gol Gol Tanky!

hehehe agree with your budget thingy .. Front End it OK but Fuel Tank doesnt matches the bobber round shape thats true..

but i think you can find round shaape fuel tank in very reasonable price from Kabar Market just like we have bilal ganj in lahore.
    Yeah! I'm also thinking of trading my extremely rare 1979 Honda CB400T petrol tank in pristine condition with a lowly round petrol tank . Waisay ideally tow I would prefer the petrol tank of suzuki TU250x, would lo0k rapchik on ma baby!

Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1090764
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1090762

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

But I highly doubt yahan available hoga. Rachor Line jana hai tow waisay engine check kernay....Tabhi dekho ga koi similar tank miljaye.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yummy one.. briliant, I hope u find it with in budget.. oops no budget discussion

Yeah! I'm also thinking of trading my extremely rare 1979 Honda CB400T petrol tank in pristine condition with a lowly round petrol tank . Waisay ideally tow I would prefer the petrol tank of suzuki TU250x, would lo0k rapchik on ma baby!

Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1090764
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1090762

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

3 Idiots
    Lolz??.and I thought I was the only stupid weirdo! Now the count is 3, (Me, JunaidAkhter and Atharshah)??.The 3 idiots!
    yer first of all i just wana say have faith on ur self,along with self confidence.

and believe in what ur doing.earlier i used to think like u but now i trust in what i do

and consider all others ediots i have complete faith in my self and respect my self...........

see this is just ur creation......u have to use it some wheare call it what ever ,creativity is a gift.

and i do it with pleasure............

now it has been 5 years i left pakistan,and that was the last time i ever drove and owned a bike.

i swore on my self never to drive a bike again.............so even if i take project as so i might never drive it.

it will just be done to exhibit my creativity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Talking Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by atharshah View Post
    yer first of all i just wana say have faith on ur self,along with self confidence.

and believe in what ur doing.earlier i used to think like u but now i trust in what i do

and consider all others ediots i have complete faith in my self and respect my self...........

see this is just ur creation......u have to use it some wheare call it what ever ,creativity is a gift.

and i do it with pleasure............

now it has been 5 years i left pakistan,and that was the last time i ever drove and owned a bike.

i swore on my self never to drive a bike again.............so even if i take project as so i might never drive it.

it will just be done to exhibit my creativity.
    hehehehehe
    Thanks for your kind words man! BTW I was just being funny dude. I'm not idiot, U aint one aur jahan tak raha sawaal junaid akhter ka tow his work speaks for him. KAAM BOLTA HAI BHAI KA!

I showed my colleague this thread......and he was like........abbay tum loog tow aesay discuss ker rahay hoo jaisay koi jang wangg chal rahi ho. BTW for him a motorcycle is a tool to get from point A to Point B. I can only laugh!

I'm not doing this to please others. I'm doing this because "I" Love Bikes and I want to build one myself. It would be like an extension of "ME". I think we all share the same sentiments or maybe....I'am a little weirdo! ........hehehe....as if I give a damn!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Creativity.......
    My Love My Passion My Life My survival

basically what i am

Junaid Akhtar, Production Manager (Design > Print > Package) from Karachi, Pakistan

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As this particular machine was rotting for almost an year. The previous owner broke the timing chain and never got it fixed. Since then it was sitting in his open to sky parking space.

LESSON LEARNT:
    Never buy a bike which is sitting for over a month!......... why?...........Well as it sits for so long its becomes a nightmare to take it apart.

Meri tow waat lag gayee!
    I can dismantle a normal 70cc completely in an hour, however it took me 5 hours to dismantled this piece of shhhhhh........
    I had to wrestle with the Swing arm axle for 1 freakin hour to wiggle it out.

The bloody Engine:
    The worst part in the whole disassembly however was to lift the engine out of the frame. As the CD175 has a T-bone frame the engine is entrapped within the frame from 4 sides (top, bottom, front and back). I had to take the head off the engine to make room to lift the chassis out sideways (from the left or right).

LATHE WALA
    Anyways as during the dismantling process I slipped the thread of 2 bolts I had to take the frame to the good old "lathe wala". Tow jab lathe walay kay paas jaa hee rahay hain tow I'll ask him to remove the front end for the frame, as I don't have the required tools to take the front end apart.
    by da look of the frame one thing i can say is pey........

cbr 250 ya cb 400 bhi laga do to koi masla nahi,frame looks quiet tough......

but i would recomend.....to give the frame a good service and treatment before doing so. like anti rust etc etc.

and once ur done i would recomend heavy reeforcemnts and then ur all good

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hehehehehe
    Thanks for your kind words man! BTW I was just being funny dude. I'm not idiot, U aint one aur jahan tak raha sawaal junaid akhter ka tow his work speaks for him. KAAM BOLTA HAI BHAI KA!

I showed my colleague this thread......and he was like........abbay tum loog tow aesay discuss ker rahay hoo jaisay koi jang wangg chal rahi ho. BTW for him a motorcycle is a tool to get from point A to Point B. I can only laugh!

I'm not doing this to please others. I'm doing this because "I" Love Bikes and I want to build one myself. It would be like an extension of "ME". I think we all share the same sentiments or maybe....I'am a little weirdo! ........hehehe....as if I give a damn!
    no.....in this world
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default I don't want to chop the frame to fit a bigger Engine

Quote Originally Posted by atharshah View Post
    by da look of the frame one thing i can say is pey........

cbr 250 ya cb 400 bhi laga do to koi masla nahi,frame looks quiet tough......

but i would recomend.....to give the frame a good service and treatment before doing so. like anti rust etc etc.

and once ur done i would recomend heavy reeforcemnts and then ur all good
    Ek masla jo mujhay ab nazar ata hai woh engine ko frame may bithanay ka hai. XL180 aur CB250 tak tow I think is frame may jaga hai engine bithane ki. Agar is say bara engine liya tow I'm pretty sure frame may modification kerni paray gee jaga bananay kay liye. And honestly speaking I dont thinking "playing" with honda's frame design is a good idea. Neither am I qualified nor have the equipment to ensure the modified frame is straight and safe. A bike should not just look cool, it must also be good at what its actually made to do, that is......provide unadulterated riding experience.

Please understand I'm doing this for the first time so I want to keep the difficulty level of this built at "NOVICE"....so chopping and extending the frame is out of question. Haan waisay I will surely try to squeeze the biggest meanest engine into this frame and obviously I will reinforce the frame to handle the vibrations and torque. Aur jahan tak raha sawaal frame ko saaf aur treat kernay ka tow............ I would like to publicly take an Oath:

OATH: Mein ALLAH ko Hazir Nazir jaan ker .......yeh ayhad kerta hoon......... kay mein puri koshish karoga..... kay har woh cheez jo purani bike ki istemaal keroga......usko saaf and naya jaisa ker kay istemaal karoonga!
    Like This:

Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1090832

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i think there is no harm in cutting frame if you use your tools and mind well . i really want to do it with my bikes.
    legend will revive soon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List