74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Honda CD175 Bobber Project

I was looking for a bobber project candidate on a famous peer to peer website and after a month of searching I ended up buying this. A 1977 Honda CD175. This motorcycle came with a seized engine and dismal body condition. As I was only interested in the Chassis/frame therefore fortunately the frame looks pretty solid and rust free. Just a teeny weeny rust patch just above the rear spring upper mounts.

The latter picture is the inspiration. I want to end up with something like this. A single seater bobbed up honda CD175 with an oversized/ mean engine.

As for now I'm in search for a good engine for this frame. I've been told that CB180 or XM180 engine can fit bolt bolt on this frame. However I want to go a little wild with this project and I was thinking to go for CBR250RR engine, one that revs to 19,000 RPM. Lets See what happens.

Attached Images Attached Images   

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hidalgo View Post
    i think there is no harm in cutting frame if you use your tools and mind well . i really want to do it with my bikes.
    You're right! Maybe I'm just being too paranoid to cut the frame. I have had 3 road accidents so far, all which happened while I was braking too hard to avoid a collision. Agar chassis balanced na hoo ya phir back end wobble ker raha hoo tow bike fish tailing kerti hai on aggressive braking (even when you use both brakes simultaneously). 1 more accident and my parents will emotionally black mail me give up riding! Thats why I'm a little nervous to chop the frame.
    Khair ultay dimaag ka hoon....agar acha engine mila tow chop ker hee doonga mujhay pata hai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you have seen a movie world's fastest indian then please do it . its about how an old man makes his 1926 model indian scout (1000cc) bike go fastest as 201 mph , still its un beated record. he explained the balance v well. he said when center of gravity in behind the center of pressure. bike do not does fish tail. if you are near to tank n apply sudden breks, it will fish tail for sure.
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

if you have seen a movie world's fastest indian then please do it . its about how an old man makes his 1926 model indian scout (1000cc) bike go fastest as 201 mph , still its un beated record. he explained the balance v well. he said when center of gravity in behind the center of pressure. bike do not does fish tail. if you are near to tank n apply sudden breks, it will fish tail for sure.
    I have seen it! Why wouldnt I? Its a motorcycle movie
    I remember the scene in which he used shoe polish to hide the cracks on his old crusty tyres to pass the inspection.
    hmmmm.....infact I'm gonna download it now! and watch it this weekend!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how humble that man was and how much tension he got just for that run .
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

there a slim shaddy in all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by atharshah View Post
    no.....in this world
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Angry Ranchor Line- Extreme Disappointment

It was my first visit to Ranchor-line. If you don?t live in Karachi, you should know Ranchor-line is the biggest market of used motorcycle parts in the city. Khair??. I finished work early today and went to ? The Ranchor Line? to hunt down a decent engine. To my amazement 99% of the shops are dealing in used Chinese engines . Mostly loog 70cc engines may deal ker rahay hain. I asked them for a bigger engine and they showed the 124cc Chinese Engine (not like cg125?just a bigger version of cd70).

The Saleem Bhai
    Anyways after loosing hope I finally went to Saleem Bhai?s dukaan. As it was about closing time, oper say Saleem Bhai selling mode may nahi thay, tow he actually didn?t pay attention to what I was saying. All he said was??.. ? Kal ao araam say?.phir dekhtay hain???? Hmmm?.. Lagta hai saleem bhai ka pait bhara howa hai. ALLAH unhay aur day, bas dua hee ker saktay hain.

The Single Cylinder Yamaha 250cc Engine:
    When I first asked him if he has anything in 250cc?? he said ?no? ?? however after 5 minutes I repeated the question again and he said ?Yamaha ka ek single cylinder engine para hai?.kal ana check kara daingay?. He dont know which one is it......SR250 hai...........ya Fazer 250 hai..........ya TTR250 hai. I think it would be probably an SR250. Not a bad Engine though, however spares pata nahi miltay hain ya nahi araam say?

BTW SR250 produced 20BHP and has a 5 speed gearbox capable of propelling he bike to over 140km/hr, Its SOHC and CDI. Whereas the TTR250 produces 19 BHP and has a 6 speed gearbox but the top speed is just 110km/hr. Its a DOHC with 4 valves.You can eke a little more out of it by removing the restrictor in the header pipe and trimming the snorkel in the air box.
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091591
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091592

Khowaab......Khowaab hee reh gaya.....CBR250RR

I asked about the CBR250 4 cylinder engine??.he said he do have one but engine may kaam hai and he himself added kay iskay parts nahi hai yahan (which I?m not sure if he is right).
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091595

Some Light in the Tunnel- Honda CM250 Parallel twin

I asked if he has any 2 cylinder Honda engine??.and after some thought he said he has one ?..CM250?.the rebel engine.Finally!..... some light in the tunnel. He is asking Rs.35k for the engine. Which I think is a little on the high side for this motor. What do you guys say? Money is not an issue but Jaiz Paisay honay chahiye! Black mailing bardasht nahi hai!
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091600

Do I have the Patience?

Khair on my way back home?? I was thinking?.kay chalo Ek baar engine lay tow liya magar baad may inkay nakhray kon bardaasht karay ga if I need some parts for it afterwards.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

What about the CB250 engine? It is very reliable and should also be available..
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Aa gaya china! Shaa gaya china!

During my hunt for a bigger engine I came across a Chinese 150cc single cylinder engine with twin exhaust and 5 speed gearbox. These engines are in quite good stock in the market and I found some which were in excellent condition. Engine condition wise zabardast thay but Chinese hain aur secondly displacement bhi sirf 150cc hai. Werna maybe may shayad wohi lay leta.
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091606
    Fingers crossed! Kal Saleem bhai kay pass dobara haazri lagao ga. Lets see which Yamaha 250cc engine he has. Waisay if CM250 turns out to be in good condition tow I?ll go for it. What do you guys say? Badly in need of your suggestions!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    What about the CB250 engine? It is very reliable and should also be available..
    I was of the same impression dude that CB series would be readily available in the market but ALAS, No luck!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^ That is strange, because the CB250 has been in use with the traffic police for quite some years now and the engines should have been easily available..
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I was hoping k I would quite easily find an XL180 or CB180 or CD200 or CM250 but there isnt any. Do anyone know someone other than Saleem who deals in used Japanese Engines?......CB250 maybe puri bike milti hogi......didnt see any engines around. Har jaga bas China hee China rakha hai!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aximaxim View Post
    During my hunt for a bigger engine I came across a Chinese 150cc single cylinder engine with twin exhaust and 5 speed gearbox. These engines are in quite good stock in the market and I found some which were in excellent condition. Engine condition wise zabardast thay but Chinese hain aur secondly displacement bhi sirf 150cc hai. Werna maybe may shayad wohi lay leta.
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091606
    Fingers crossed! Kal Saleem bhai kay pass dobara haazri lagao ga. Lets see which Yamaha 250cc engine he has. Waisay if CM250 turns out to be in good condition tow I?ll go for it. What do you guys say? Badly in need of your suggestions!
    how much for such 150 ?
    legend will revive soon

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

only 3 places in karachi.

No.#1 Saleem
    No.#2 Sher Shah
    No.#3 I forgot

So Defination

SherShah: it is verry verry big, u need to spare atleast 3 days to spin arround, prefferably on a bike, cuz a lot of narrow lanes to hit.

main market main kuch bhi nai milega, u will have too go to the goddams wheare scrap comes,

if your lucky,u can find a treasure of 100s of bikes,

if not so lucky u can find and engine thrown arround some wheare,

keep on asking people.

LOL...........personal history: kisi time per i was a very big khuar,poora poora din sher shah ke chakkar kathta tha,in serch of seing some thing unique.

jab main jana shuru hua tha.

to koyla godam pe 200 road master kheri thi,aahista ahista sab khata ho gai.

Summary: ziada khuari hogi milega kuch nai,but kehete hai na ankhen sekhne ko mil jaingi,cuz be sure u will get to see lot of amazing things on this expedition.

broken ships, giant engines,army auction bikes and jeeps,old computers,spare parts,motors,clothes,womens bras and a lot of strange things which will keep u entertained.

NO.#2: Saleem: he is a scrap dealer,us ke paas poore container aate hai dubai scrap ke, aur shaid japan scrap ke, i highly doubt u met saleem, mus be some one else or his brother.
    any way saleem ke dukaan per jab bhi jao,dont bother to ask just start digging, he has got another godam on the other side of the same lane (ask any of his workers)

he is
    the president of the market thora action to hoga hi.

always remember ppl have attitude u should be focused on what u want and not their attitude.

us ke paas mil to sab jaiga.......but the price

u should be a good negotiator..nai to woh ap ka tail (oil) nikaal dega.

and remember engine will only be the start us ke baad aap ko us se aik choti rubber bhi lene ke lie bhagna pere ga

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

how much for such 150 ?
    Yaar he was asking 15k for the engine + carb. These CDI engines come with an electric self starter with no provision of kick start. All of them have 5 speed gearboxes and produces a maximum of 11 BHP @7500RPM. It produces same amount of power as a CG125 engine which I think is insufficient for this project. I'm looking for something which can dish out 20 BHP or more.

Jahan tak raha sawaal price ka tow as I was genuinely not interested in these motors and the seller was extremely keen to sell me one (as I think these 150cc units are not popular here)....I think if I would have bargained he would have given the best one to me for 10k.
    If I put in this 150cc unit, my Bike would pull like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Ranchor Line, SherShah.........and?????

only 3 places in karachi.

No.#1 Saleem
    No.#2 Sher Shah
    No.#3 I forgot

So Defination

SherShah: it is verry verry big, u need to spare atleast 3 days to spin arround, prefferably on a bike, cuz a lot of narrow lanes to hit.

main market main kuch bhi nai milega, u will have too go to the goddams wheare scrap comes,

if your lucky,u can find a treasure of 100s of bikes,

if not so lucky u can find and engine thrown arround some wheare,

keep on asking people.

LOL...........personal history: kisi time per i was a very big khuar,poora poora din sher shah ke chakkar kathta tha,in serch of seing some thing unique.

jab main jana shuru hua tha.

to koyla godam pe 200 road master kheri thi,aahista ahista sab khata ho gai.

Summary: ziada khuari hogi milega kuch nai,but kehete hai na ankhen sekhne ko mil jaingi,cuz be sure u will get to see lot of amazing things on this expedition.

broken ships, giant engines,army auction bikes and jeeps,old computers,spare parts,motors,clothes,womens bras and a lot of strange things which will keep u entertained.
    Yeh kya baat howi..........Rachorline, SherShah......aur teesri konsi market Janaab? Rehem karain mujhay per, thora zehan par zoor daalain!

SherShah:
    Shershah is out of the question. I dont think the law and order situation now allows me to freely move around in Shershah for days to source parts or engines. My brother's friend owns a "Kaanta" at shershah, Maybe I'll ask him for a favor to find an engine for me or find a dealer.

Waisay jab halaat theek thay tow I have been to shershah several times, you are right......its gigantic and it feels like you are on a treasure hunt. 1 din kahan jata hai pata hee nahi chalta. I remember once I went there just to kill time.

5 years back I bought a used japanese generator for my home. (Ab jaa ker kharaab howa hai)
    2 years back I bought swapped the engine on my car (Civic 95) with a D15B unit for Rs.22k. Sab kuch theek tha us engine may but piston ring change kernay paray thay (which I think is inevitable to avoid if you buy an engine from the scrappy).

Shah Sahab as you summarized Shershah is a longshot. Agar karachi may Saleem k ilawa koi aur jaga hai tow please let me know.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Cool The Mystery of Saleem Ustad

NO.#2: Saleem: he is a scrap dealer,us ke paas poore container aate hai dubai scrap ke, aur shaid japan scrap ke, i highly doubt u met saleem, mus be some one else or his brother.
    any way saleem ke dukaan per jab bhi jao,dont bother to ask just start digging, he has got another godam on the other side of the same lane (ask any of his workers)

he is
    the president of the market thora action to hoga hi.

always remember ppl have attitude u should be focused on what u want and not their attitude.

us ke paas mil to sab jaiga.......but the price

u should be a good negotiator..nai to woh ap ka tail (oil) nikaal dega.

and remember engine will only be the start us ke baad aap ko us se aik choti rubber bhi lene ke lie bhagna pere ga
    I'm pretty sure I met the right person! Correct me if an wrong, I met this person who claims to be Saleem Ustad. I pulled these images off the internet, this picture must be taken sometime back as now Saleem bhai has a beard. He was sitting on the exact same chair on the exact same spot in the exact same style.

Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091801

This is the shop of saleem bhai, infact there was another one to the right which I believe belongs to him aswell.
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091799

I also interacted with the person on the right in the image below. He was too keen to close the shop, Cant blame him
    Honda CD175 Bobber Project -1091800

Masla yeh nahi hai ek used japani engine sirf in kay pass miltay hain. Masla yeh hai k after the purchase the real khowari starts. Engine khareedna tow buhat asaan hai.........ussay sambhaalna asal test hai. In engines kay part kay liye inhe kay pass jana paray ga.......monopoly hai karachi may saleem bhai ki. He will have the biggest leverage over me.

The Dilemma:
    I cant believe I'm saying this maybe I'm better off with the Chinese 150cc motor. CG series ka engine hai matlab parts awami hain. Secondly har lallu panju mechanic is engine per kaam ker sakta hai.

Kaash kay Japani engines itnay exotic na hotay yahan! I'm in a dillema now. Should go with my heart and buy an exotic engine or should I go listen to my brain and compromise with a Chinese motor for its convenience.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP nuce thrad mate!
    BEST OF LUCK FOR UR PROJECT!
    Too much stuff there in the market!

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hehe..........not only u ask any one in karachi who owns over a 125 cc bike.

i have seen big heavy bike dealer who are casted in his spell.

i would highly recomend a cb 250 for the frame.

note there....are a lot of brands

aslo note a lot of high powered engines came in 125 format also....

honda CB-R125, yamaha yzf 125,yamaha fz-r125, etc and some europien 125s

there is a possibility some of these will b avl with him.

yer these things are very risky...........be ready to place some online orders online

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aximaxim. m using that 150 in my 4 wheeler , it also has reerse in it n its a work horse .
    legend will revive soon

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

when i was searching engine for my 175
    i found 3 engines yamaha (250) at the shop
    teenon hi aaala they
    aik ka soda humare samne hogaya tha
    lene aik gaya tha, baqaya 2 main ne utha liye due to their mouth watering condition
    aik to 175 mein lagadiya hai (Self Start) 235cc
    aik abhi baaaaqi hai hehehehehehehehehehehe NOT FOR SALE
    and that one is Yamaha XT250 dirt bike's engine kick start with its original CDI and pora pora 248cc
    main gs150 main lagaonga aur maze uraonga hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List