Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: looking for a bike bigger than 150cc, (suzuki gs500e or Honda cb750 nighthawk)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Post looking for a bike bigger than 150cc, (suzuki gs500e or Honda cb750 nighthawk)

Assalaamoalaikum bikers
    I am looking for a bike that I can use everyday and also for long trips on which I can cruise at highway speeds for several hours. I don't want something to show off, or a weekend bike.

what i want:
    • It should be reliable, as I plan to take it to trips of several days. Like to northern areas and towards Multan and maybe Karachi
    • it should be easy to maintain, I don't want to spend a lot of time fixing it or my weekends at workshops
    • affordable, I don't have very deep pockets. I am willing to spend something like 150k, In an extreme case I _can_ extend the budget to 350k, but it would be difficult for me to justify that to myself (and more importantly my wife )
    • although mileage is not a primary concern, but with ever growing fuel prices, i would like to get something that's not a gas guzzler. I understand that these big bikes are not usually fuel efficient
    • it should be powerful enough to cruise at decent speeds without straining the engine
    • more than 500cc displacement would be a plus point since I would be able to take it to motorway as well

what I don't care:
    • looks are not a primary concern, I won't mind getting a good looking bike, but I wouldn't want to play extra just for the looks.
    • same goes for the sound, I don't want to tell the whole neighborhood what my routines are
    • my intention with this bike is not the set any quarter-mile times or landspeed records nor I am a boy racer.

A friend (Bilal Z, a very popular member of PBC) suggested me to go for Honda cb 750 nighthawk, It's in my budget range, and very reliable and manageable. but it's probably a bit too heavy to be used as a daily commuter. Although I guess I can get it if I find a nice piece and a good deal.

Second option that I am considering after reading pw and other forums is Suzuki gs500e. It probably suites me the best. As far as I know I can get a properly restored one for 130k or so. Plus there are some recent models as well from motorway police. So that's a very tempting option. Although some ppl find it quite boring.

So guys, please help me out. what should be the best option for me? what would be the up and downsides of owning one. and lastly if you or someone you know is selling one, please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
    Fahad
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good luck with the search, I would recommend GS500 cuz parts r easily available and its really reliable bike. I bought mine 3 years ago and i enjoyed riding it when ever i visit home.
    By looking at your search criteria i am not sure my bike is good for you or not but here i it is. If you want to know anything let PM me. I have did the conversion to a Street fighter and i have all the original parts for it. looking for a bike bigger than 150cc suzuki gs500e or Honda cb750 nighthawk -1164521looking for a bike bigger than 150cc suzuki gs500e or Honda cb750 nighthawk -1164523looking for a bike bigger than 150cc suzuki gs500e or Honda cb750 nighthawk -1164524

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

complete Engine is recently Rebuild with new and imported parts.. For more detail contact me

jz
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

contact yuccaf@ 03215333305 ref jz
    he has some nice bikes that can v well fit in ur specs.
    www.facebook.com/performancepartslahore

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've been riding GS500 since last August, very good experience. One important thing about buying a GS500 in Pakistan is to make sure that it is restored in a proper way. Many people just restore it with ordinary/faulty parts to sell for profit as this bike has always been in demand.
    As for budget is concerned, these days an immaculate condition GS500 will in no case be less than 200k. The days of 100K and 130k are gone as ordinary bikes like Deluxe have got so costly and the inflation+increased new bike prices have made it a costly game.

GS500 is allowed on M2, in fact a friend is getting all the required info in this regard as we both plan to take our bikes to M2 together. Will update in this regard once I get some info from his side.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I know the under-cover friend ... ** ZIPPING LIPS ** keep rocking the 7th gear!

Quote Originally Posted by 7thgear View Post
    I've been riding GS500 since last August, very good experience. One important thing about buying a GS500 in Pakistan is to make sure that it is restored in a proper way. Many people just restore it with ordinary/faulty parts to sell for profit as this bike has always been in demand.
    As for budget is concerned, these days an immaculate condition GS500 will in no case be less than 200k. The days of 100K and 130k are gone as ordinary bikes like Deluxe have got so costly and the inflation+increased new bike prices have made it a costly game.

GS500 is allowed on M2, in fact a friend is getting all the required info in this regard as we both plan to take our bikes to M2 together. Will update in this regard once I get some info from his side.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

aoa @7thgear
    I have been through your GS500 thread, and I primarily got motivated towards gs500 because of it. your bike is really nicely restored, Masha'Allah. I would definitely like to seek your advice before making the final decision. and do let me know if you are aware of any gs500 available for sale that's worth considering
    “Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac”

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by akifchoudhery View Post
    complete Engine is recently Rebuild with new and imported parts.. For more detail contact me
    I am looking for something that's as close to stock as possible. I know you have stock parts with you as you mentioned. but if I take it back to stock state, it would waste all your effort to make it street fighter.

Btw, is your bike a slingshot version, or have done a conversion to mono-shock suspension.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    thanks @jz, I just got in touch with him

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jz View Post
    I talked to him, he didn't have any gs500 at the moment. the only street bike he had is 1997 CB400 nc-36. its in immaculate condition according to him. It suites me too, except that it's less than 500cc. but I can live with that since its not that I have to travel on motorway everyday. secondly the demand which is 400k, is higher than my budget. Still I'd pay him a visit, maybe he can arrange something

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

GS500 is aircooled, can this be an issue long cruises at ~7K rpm in hot summers that we have here?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gorkan View Post
    GS500 is aircooled, can this be an issue long cruises at ~7K rpm in hot summers that we have here?
    if ur bike engine is in good condition.it wont get heat up at 7k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    13 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@gorkan

A good engine with a good oil in it should not give problems. I searched for this query on the internet and did not find complaints of engine overheating, and that's why GS500 does not even have temperature gauge on it.
    Web: http://www.bikepics.com/members/sniperr and http://wanderersbook.blogspot.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i went to Haji Noor sb's workshop yesterday. by chance the owner of cb400 nc36 i mentioned above was also present there. i really liked the bike a it was in genuinely good condition. with original color and chrome. and sealed engine. haji sb testified it as well. but he also warned that parts are going to be hard to find. i also liked the upright riding position and styling of cb400. i am really getting inclined towards this bike but i am concerned about its reliability and maintainability.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ed he showed me a gs500e as well. it was '92 model, engine wise it was strong, but needed some cosmetic work. Its demand was 180k

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ed he showed me a gs500e as well. it was '92 model, engine wise it was strong, but needed some cosmetic work. Its demand was 180k
    newly optimized - Lahore - Motorcycles - Scooters

Check above just sort out during random search...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by d3vil View Post
    newly optimized - Lahore - Motorcycles - Scooters

Check above just sort out during random search...
    Thanks d3vil. I called him yesterday, but the number mentioned in the ad was off. Will try again.

I saw another ad on olx (Honda CB400 super four (400cc) - Lahore - Motorcycles - Scooters). in pics, there is a gs500 as well, so I called the guy, he had both the bikes, and was demanding 200k for the GS.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bol...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks d3vil. I called him yesterday, but the number mentioned in the ad was off. Will try again.

I saw another ad on olx (Honda CB400 super four (400cc) - Lahore - Motorcycles - Scooters). in pics, there is a gs500 as well, so I called the guy, he had both the bikes, and was demanding 200k for the GS.
    Well check in details both the bikes...then make any deal...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Finally made a deal for gs500 and decided to go with the restoration route. will post the pics and more details soon. In'sha'Allah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

User Tag List