I am looking for a bike that I can use everyday and also for long trips on which I can cruise at highway speeds for several hours. I don't want something to show off, or a weekend bike.
what i want:
- It should be reliable, as I plan to take it to trips of several days. Like to northern areas and towards Multan and maybe Karachi
- it should be easy to maintain, I don't want to spend a lot of time fixing it or my weekends at workshops
- affordable, I don't have very deep pockets. I am willing to spend something like 150k, In an extreme case I _can_ extend the budget to 350k, but it would be difficult for me to justify that to myself (and more importantly my wife )
- although mileage is not a primary concern, but with ever growing fuel prices, i would like to get something that's not a gas guzzler. I understand that these big bikes are not usually fuel efficient
- it should be powerful enough to cruise at decent speeds without straining the engine
- more than 500cc displacement would be a plus point since I would be able to take it to motorway as well
what I don't care:
- looks are not a primary concern, I won't mind getting a good looking bike, but I wouldn't want to play extra just for the looks.
- same goes for the sound, I don't want to tell the whole neighborhood what my routines are
- my intention with this bike is not the set any quarter-mile times or landspeed records nor I am a boy racer.
A friend (Bilal Z, a very popular member of PBC) suggested me to go for Honda cb 750 nighthawk, It's in my budget range, and very reliable and manageable. but it's probably a bit too heavy to be used as a daily commuter. Although I guess I can get it if I find a nice piece and a good deal.
Second option that I am considering after reading pw and other forums is Suzuki gs500e. It probably suites me the best. As far as I know I can get a properly restored one for 130k or so. Plus there are some recent models as well from motorway police. So that's a very tempting option. Although some ppl find it quite boring.
So guys, please help me out. what should be the best option for me? what would be the up and downsides of owning one. and lastly if you or someone you know is selling one, please let me know.
Thanks and Regards,
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad